Go Back   Anime Forum > ANIME FORUM: Information Centre. Welcome to our kingdom > Your Forum Information Centre

Your Forum Information Centre Getting Started, Rules, Help, Aproved Advertising.

Closed Thread
Unread 02-18-2010, 12:47 AM
Site Creator

Points: 372,111, Level: 100 Points: 372,111, Level: 100 Points: 372,111, Level: 100
Activity: 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
Ascended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud of
Default Banning is very rare, But has to happen sometimes.

You may see members getting banned, they are almost always spam bots, or sometimes known hackers under a fake account.
Real members are harldly ever banned*.
Only serious or repeated breaches of the rules usually end up in a ban for a member. We then sometimes have to ban the person to protect the site, its members or the communities peace and harmony.

The staff work for the site for free and work very hard. Mods can ban in an emergency, but this is always reviewed and only the senior staff decide on permanent banning.
That way mods and members are free of this potential blame and conflict, and can concenrate on fun.

Anyone who is banned may ask for their ban to be lifted or ask for a lesser sanction in the courtroom .
Unless they are continuing to harm the site or our members.

You do not have a 'right' to be here regardless of how you behave.
Your here for free and at the hospitality of the staff and citizens.

In real terms,this is my site, I pay for it, I have legal liability, and so ultimately I decide who can be here and who can not. In practice, the senior staff share the banning decisions and I rarely need to get involved.

If you want to know why a member was banned, it will be because they broke the rules, and its seen better for the many to remove the one.
A brief reason will be posted on their page.

Staff will not discuss banning reasons for individuals with members.
Not only may it contain confidential or security information, but we dont have time to debate every decision with all the members and it creates bad feeling.
The brief explanation on their page will have to do.

Please respect and trust our judgement, based on how well you personaly have been treated here.

All people banned can still access the sites court room to plead their case.

*Short cool off bans;-

If a member is continually harrassing staff or other members because they are having a bad day or time,they may be given a short cool off ban to allow them to calm down and allow the staff to rest. This will normally be applied to rule 5.
AF - Rules and Guidelines

Tempoary bans also result in points and reputation loss.

Please hit my Youtube FSN video link -> Link

RPG charater links - Dark Elf Lord - Fairy Lord

Talking /Thinking

Unread 02-18-2010, 12:56 AM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Resting Senior Section Leader Mod
Warrior

Points: 22,218, Level: 100 Points: 22,218, Level: 100 Points: 22,218, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
SSJ4Aaron Has shown honour and chivalrySSJ4Aaron Has shown honour and chivalrySSJ4Aaron Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via ICQ to SSJ4Aaron Send a message via AIM to SSJ4Aaron Send a message via Yahoo to SSJ4Aaron
Default Re: Banning is very rare, But has to happen sometimes.

Members please be aware that if you do bother any staff constantly about a member being banned then that is also breaking a rule.
It is truly none of your business and if it was really a close friend of yours and there is no reason (which there always is) then please PM and PM only higher staff.
If you post a message on a profile where other members can see then this will not be tolerated.
We have new members that look at staffs page everyday. So this is why we do not want the new members thinking that our site is a banning site which is not true.
Unread 02-18-2010, 12:58 AM
Fighter

Points: 8,338, Level: 63 Points: 8,338, Level: 63 Points: 8,338, Level: 63
didi.hyper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to didi.hyper

hmmmm... so THAT's how the banning system works.... have there been many who have been banned???

Bunny:MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!
Unread 02-18-2010, 01:03 AM
Resting Senior Section Leader Mod
Warrior

Points: 22,218, Level: 100 Points: 22,218, Level: 100 Points: 22,218, Level: 100
SSJ4Aaron Has shown honour and chivalrySSJ4Aaron Has shown honour and chivalrySSJ4Aaron Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via ICQ to SSJ4Aaron Send a message via AIM to SSJ4Aaron Send a message via Yahoo to SSJ4Aaron

Spam Bots are banned everyday. We cannot have people who join just so they can destroy our site and put innapropriate things up. As for members we do not ban alot as Ascended said. Please read the first post.
Unread 02-24-2010, 09:56 PM

Points: 4,445, Level: 45 Points: 4,445, Level: 45 Points: 4,445, Level: 45
Harrison N. Kore will become famous soon enough

Seeing this, I have to say that this forum is much like England during the Medieval Era, because the people here, as the English were then, are treated more respectfully than any other place on the internet, as the English had the most rights during that time with the Magna Carta and their judicial system. Most moderators on forums treat their members as though they are subjects, because it satisfies their lust for power and dominance, as is their human nature. This place is different, however. It treats suspensions seriously, and, from what I've seen, this place also has a Courtroom, which, if implemented, would make this place the most advanced community on the internet overall. The banning system here, as posted, already has the separation of powers, so that any actions by this government can be reviewed for accuracy and justice, because any community should act morally, whether or not it is small or big, in the real world or on the internet. We are all accountable towards our rationality and our humanity, and this place has, from what I've seen, been the greatest supporter of those two things.

One thing that I believe would take this forum even further, is if there was a Bill of Rights for the Citizens. Like any country, the people don't have an actual "right" to be on the land, but, if they are going to enact measures such as a fair imprisonment system, such as this place is doing, then they might as well go all the way and define proper Court proceedings and Common Law.

Last edited by Harrison N. Kore; 02-24-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Unread 02-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Citizen

Points: 3,116, Level: 36 Points: 3,116, Level: 36 Points: 3,116, Level: 36
GDXTom will become famous soon enough

I hate spam bot. I was an Assistant Administrator to a community website for online mmorpg games for 6 years, and they ruined my computer once.

When I was strolling around the website, I found a member posting a link to music video. There's one song in the list that I would like to listen, so when I click it, it shows xxx images. Even though I shut it down, virus was spreading in my computer. I have to fully delete and clean out every files. It was before I find an anti virus that can deal such virus.

Popularity was inactive. I disabled the registration and deleted 9,000 inactive accounts. Admin was somewhere inactive: I have no right to edit the website: he shut down the website few months later. I was sad that as a member for 6 year, it was doing great in year 4, but decline til it is done.... Hope I never see another dead forum again. I missed the loyal active members; we were planning to revive the forum because when I disabled registration for 5 month, we didn't counter bots for 2 days for some reason.

Note: Please excuse any grammar/puncuation error in my posts/threads.
Unread 02-25-2010, 08:10 PM

Points: 3,980, Level: 42 Points: 3,980, Level: 42 Points: 3,980, Level: 42
darkdestiny0002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to darkdestiny0002

Sound's fair enough
This is a necessary for the members that follow the rules to be able to have a good time not too many fights and so we all can enjoy our time of course the trolls and rule breakers / Spambots ect. wont but if they just followed the rules then there would be no problem however that also means there must be some rules for the staff members that can ban such as banning for most real life reasons example:
A couple just broke up and one of the two people is a staff member and the other a normal member due to anger against the other partner the Staff Member bans the normal member... Which shouldn't I respect fairness and as much freedom as possible
Is there such rules?
Unread 02-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Site Creator

Points: 372,111, Level: 100 Points: 372,111, Level: 100 Points: 372,111, Level: 100
Ascended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud of

Mods can not perm ban.
See the first post for details.

We have rules too.

Talking /Thinking

Unread 04-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Royal Clan:
OC Guild
Sir. cooler : Da Incredible Massiv
RPG'er
Knight Champion

Points: 10,890, Level: 72 Points: 10,890, Level: 72 Points: 10,890, Level: 72
Activity: 36%
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%
cooler has a spectacular aura about themcooler has a spectacular aura about themcooler has a spectacular aura about themcooler has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via ICQ to cooler

its a good fair systum man
me never see people banned only spammers and haters and stalking freaks
it good we keep the creaps out
me have banning powers too because me a knight
but ascent and da supermods check anyting me do

btw join me group

Saber is a goddesss

East side jungalist massive possie

me DBZ rpg cooler

me OC rpg masive
incredible
massiv
unstoppable
unbeatable
invincible
as beneficial
respected by man
and loved by woman
Unread 08-27-2015, 03:48 PM
Site Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended Vegeta View Post
You may see members getting banned, they are almost always spam bots, or sometimes known hackers under a fake account.
Real members are harldly ever banned*.
Only serious or repeated breaches of the rules usualy end up in a ban for a member.

The staff work for the site for free and work very hard. Mods can ban in an emergency, but this is always reviewed and only the senior staff decide on permanent banning.
That way mods and members are free of this potential conflict, and can concenrate on fun.

You do not have a 'right' to be here regardless of how you behave.
Your here for free and at the hospitality of the staff and citizens.
In real terms,this is my site, I pay for it, I have legal liability, and so ultimately I decide who can be here and who can not. In practice, the senior staff share the banning decisions.

If you want to know why a member was banned, it will be because they broke the rules, and its seen better for the many to remove the one.
A brief reason will be posted on their page.

Staff will not discuss banning reasons for individuals with members.
Not only may it contain confidential or security information, but we dont have time to debate every decision with all the members.
The brief explanation on their page will have to do.

Please respect and trust our judgement, based on how well you personaly have been treated here.

*Short cool off bans;-

If a member is continually harrassing staff or other members because they are having a bad day or time,they may be given a short cool off ban to allow them to calm down and allow the staff to rest. This will normally be applied to rule 5.

Tempoary bans also result in points and reputation loss.
Due to some recent bans that were needed to protect our site I felt this needed to be bumped.
That way people know why it is best to not discuss our reasoning for banning with members and why we do not do so.

Talking /Thinking

Closed Thread