Go Back   Anime Forum > ANIME FORUM: Information Centre. Welcome to our kingdom > Site News and Staffing > Mods needed and staffing

Mods needed and staffing Staff aplications and changes. Apply here

Unread 12-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Site Creator

Points: 376,669, Level: 100 Points: 376,669, Level: 100 Points: 376,669, Level: 100
Activity: 64%
Activity: 64% Activity: 64% Activity: 64%
Ascended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud of
Default How can I become a mod? Questions and first stage applications

Staffing Questions and first stage applications thread

We need more mods in some areas.

However, being a mod is not easy, and you have to continue working, to remain a mod. If you just want a colored name and some status, your better off joining a clan, and getting to the senior ranks. Overview of Clans and how to Join.
Mods need to have time to moderate, and promote their forums with posts.
When you get the name and title its the beginning not the end.

If you have any questions about how to apply or the work, please post them here.

But please read the information below first.

How to apply

1. You will have needed to have contributed enough in some way to be a citizen. What is a Citizen

2. Read all of this post. Read the rules AF - Rules and Guidelines , the rules stuck to the top of the forums. and this Click_me_for_help_info_link' You will be expected to know these things before you start posting stats.

3, Post the forum your interested in, in this thread, the questions thread here.
You will get a reply or a message from a Super Mod or above.
They will tell you if we need mods in that forum, and also, how many posts per day average are needed for that forum, and other forum mod duties.
If you feel that's okay, then you confirm you agree with a S mod in this thread.
You can then go to the next step. EDIT: This is lower than before and just to confirm your activity.

4, Post your GMT, and your post stats in this stats thread: Stats Thread for mod applicants
Until you have at least 10 days worth of stats, that meet the posting requirements for your forum.

5, You will then be assessed by a Super Mod.
Once your modded you will have a trial and training period of at least a week before you receive your full powers.

You will be expected to also say hi to new members, and encourage them into your section.

The number of posts needed depends on the forums, but quality will also be taken into account in setting targets.
Most anime forums need 10 posts a day.

Normally we only have mods for the points forums, unless they are already a mod or show a particular talent to develop that forum.

Don't keep asking me 'can I be a mod now, can I be a mod now'.
You don't get modded by asking Senior staff that every day. Modding is based on actions, not words.

Community mods are a little different, in that posting is less of a priority than greeting new members. see spoiler.
New staff post:
Click here to see full text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended Vegeta View Post
New staff post:
New members and introduction forum mod.
The first thing is to say hi on their page as soon as they join. If no one says high they go away.

You will need the following:

1, A good understanding of setting up profiles, and the forums.
2, to be online a lot so you can find them and say hi while they are still online.
3, chat to them a bit.
4, help them set up.
5, find out what they like and get them the links to that forum so they can start posting.
If they like chatting on pages, a good place to get them started posting is in the easy chat thread

You will also need to watch and use the following to find new members as soon as they join.
My page, they almost always go there.
Keep an eye here for new members. Home
also on that page, in the top 10 stats click
Top Posters and select last 10 new members.
also keep an eye on this thread for all new members.
New members and referrals list. Lets say Hi
Post I said hi in it too when you have to keep it in new posts, so other members see it and can say hi too.
Also say Hi in all their intro threads.
If you do become a mod, you will manage that section too and also be involved in contacting inactive members

Staffing structure

View Forum Leaders

Admin---------------- Purple----------Responsible for technical running of the site.

Super Mods/Admin-----Cyan----------Responsible for same as super mods + supervise super mods and some site Admin

Super Mods------------- Blue----------Responsible for ALL forums all staff, the whole site.

Senior mods Section leader------- DK Green----------Responsible for multiple forums, a whole section and some mods.
Senior mods Training----- DK Green no bold---Training and trial period one month minimum.

Senior mods exp--- DK Green----Responsible for multiple forums and is an experienced mod, with long term service as a mod on AF.

Mods --------- yellow/Green ----------Responsible for 1 forum, to start with, can have a few.
Mod Training- yellow/Green- no bold ------- Training mod 1 week minimum.

Resting Mod------- grey----------------- An X mod who could mod again of they wanted.

Main mod duties:
1, keep threads from your forum in new posts, by posting yourself
Try to make your posts provoke a response
2, protect the site. Be loyal to the site. Ensure site rules are followed.
3, Be gentle, a harsh and scary mod is the best thing to make members go away.
4, Say Hi to, and encourage new fan members to post, and maybe some old ones that are struggling to start posting. Sometime just a link saying, what do you think about this
subject, is enough. Also helping them understand how the forums work

Secondary duties:
5, Keep the forum tidy, thousands of threads, confuse and discourage posting, so merge.
But if some new members have started a duplicate conversation, don't kill it, let it die
down first, then merge it with the original thread.*
6, Move off topic posts to trash, if its a new member, give it a few days.
Also, try to post yourself to bring threads back on topic.*
7,Get more members to join that are fans of your forum.
8, A few interesting new threads,
9, And competitions.
10, take pride in your forum, and try to make it the best and most active one of all.

Please hit my Youtube FSN video link -> Link

RPG charater links - Dark Elf Lord - Fairy Lord

Talking /Thinking

Last edited by Dragonlady; 12-07-2011 at 05:50 AM.
Unread 12-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Blogger
Resting Senior Section Leader Mod
Battle Mage

Points: 34,402, Level: 100 Points: 34,402, Level: 100 Points: 34,402, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Lelouch has shown loyalty and contrubutedLelouch has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via MSN to Lelouch Send a message via Skype™ to Lelouch
Default Re: How can I become a mod? Questions and first stage applications

Im still interested in becoming a mod Ascended just have not had time to open the storys in new Tabs i shall post more starting from now
Unread 12-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Site Creator

Points: 376,669, Level: 100 Points: 376,669, Level: 100 Points: 376,669, Level: 100
Ascended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara View Post
Im still interested in becoming a mod Ascended just have not had time to open the storys in new Tabs i shall post more starting from now
Ok, As your a previous applicant you can go on to post your stats in here Stats Thread for mod applicants
just edit your post every day or so to update it.
You can backdate your stats a bit if you want.

When you have 10 days that your happy with, Ask a SMOD or above to approve them. Then we can do a fast SMOD assessment.

Talking /Thinking

Unread 12-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Senior Moderator Experience
Blogger
Super donator
Flightleader Dragon

Points: 31,620, Level: 100 Points: 31,620, Level: 100 Points: 31,620, Level: 100
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
Son Goku Has shown honour and chivalrySon Goku Has shown honour and chivalrySon Goku Has shown honour and chivalrySon Goku Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via MSN to Son Goku Send a message via Skype™ to Son Goku

hellooo ^^ may i apply for a DBZ MOD please, thankyouuu
Unread 12-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Site Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son-Goku View Post
hellooo ^^ may i apply for a DBZ MOD please, thankyouuu
Whic forum your interested in?

DragonBall/Z/GT Anime Fun
DragonBall/Z/GT Manga
DB/Z/GT Movies ovas, and specials
DragonBall AF and Abridged
DBZ Stats and Quizes.
Arale From DB and Dr Slump.

You would normaly start with 1 or 2.
Unread 12-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Guard

Points: 5,683, Level: 51 Points: 5,683, Level: 51 Points: 5,683, Level: 51
Jonoridge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Jonoridge

Ascended just a question about this modding thing... can you become a mod of other things around the forum for example the blog system or the games avialable and such like or only forum topics?
Unread 12-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Site Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonoridge View Post
Ascended just a question about this modding thing... can you become a mod of other things around the forum for example the blog system or the games avialable and such like or only forum topics?

We have community mods, which are more focused on the community, new members, than forums.
Click here to see full text

Community mods, work with SuperMods, on things like, welcoming new members, setting them up, contacting inactive members,and other community duties.

The first thing is to say hi on their page as soon as they join. If no one says high they go away.

You will need the following:

1, A good understanding of setting up profiles, and the forums.
2, to be online alot so you can find them and say hi while they are still online.
3, chat to them a bit.
4, help them set up.
5, find out what they like and get them the links to that forum so they can start posting.
If they like chatting on pages, a good place to get them started posting is in the easy chat thread Easy Chat Thread

You will also need to watch and use the following to find new members as soon as they join.
My page, they almost always go there.
Keep an eye here for new members. Home
also on that page, in the top 10 stats clcik
Top Posters and select last 10 new members.
also keep an eye on this thread for all new members.
New members and referrals list. Lets say Hi
Post I said hi in it too when you have to keep it in new posts, so other members see it and can say hi too.
Also say Hi in all their intro threads.
New Members Introduction Threads
If you do become a mod, you will manage that section too

Talking /Thinking

Unread 12-17-2009, 09:01 PM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Resting Senior Section Leader Mod
Warrior

Points: 22,218, Level: 100 Points: 22,218, Level: 100 Points: 22,218, Level: 100
SSJ4Aaron Has shown honour and chivalrySSJ4Aaron Has shown honour and chivalrySSJ4Aaron Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via ICQ to SSJ4Aaron Send a message via AIM to SSJ4Aaron Send a message via Yahoo to SSJ4Aaron

I would like to be the moderator of the entire DBZ section. If you feel this is to much then I will gladly take any two sections in that.

AnimeFun and Stats and Quizzes will be my duty if I may only start with a few sections.
Unread 12-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Site Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ4Aaron View Post
I would like to be the moderator of the entire DBZ section. If you feel this is to much then I will gladly take any two sections in that.

AnimeFun and Stats and Quizzes will be my duty if I may only start with a few sections.
Unlike most applicants, you have moddarated a whole section here before, and are a resting SeniorMod.

On that bases, feel free to go straght to the stats thread, and make the stats post. We dont need to set targets, As a resting senior mod, I know you can do that for yourself quite well.
Stats Thread for mod applicants

I have opened it for you.

Talking /Thinking

Unread 12-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Veteran member

Points: 5,743, Level: 51 Points: 5,743, Level: 51 Points: 5,743, Level: 51
Un34d is on a distinguished road