Go Back   Anime Forum > ANIME FORUM: Information Centre. Welcome to our kingdom > Site News and Staffing > Suggestions

Suggestions Make your Suggestions here

Unread 06-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Site Creator

Points: 385,895, Level: 100 Points: 385,895, Level: 100 Points: 385,895, Level: 100
Activity: 40%
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%
Ascended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud of
Default Re: What should our sites ballance be between fun and seirous posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by krillin View Post
i like both but i am biased a bit it does help increase posting rate though and will help us reach 2 million posts its risky to change too much though i hope posting does not decrease as a result of any changes its risky to change a working formula its up to you though i love AF though so i am always going to give my views on this
Personaly I think the points and experiance distrubution formular is fine, but I do always want to listen to members views, as thats what I used to createthe formular in the first place.

My view is the points and experiance are well ballanced in their allocation, and its the lack of mods that has caused a drop in the posting in anime forums for example.

Here is my example.
When we had SSJ4aaron and 2 other mods working with him in DBZ, it was masive. 10,000 of its 17000 posts were got at that short time period alone. The mods worked as a team promoting the forum, making it interesting, and most importaintly, posting with eachother to keep DBZ in new posts. Members saw the threads in new posts and joined in.
This is why posting and promoting their forum is an AF mods first responsibility after security.

We have very few mods compared to that time.
However, even a new member that has taken a keen interest in DBZ over the last few days has made a massive difference to posting in that forum. Immagin what some more mods could do.

Please hit my Youtube FSN video link -> Link

RPG charater links - Dark Elf Lord - Fairy Lord

Talking /Thinking

Unread 06-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Banned

ShineCero has a little shamelful behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to ShineCero

Quote:
Personaly I think the points and experiance distrubution formular is fine, but I do always want to listen to members views, as thats what I used to createthe formular in the first place.
The Point System is Great the way it is. So that should be left alone.

The Main thing is that the Spam Forums are getting more posts compare to others. Its Nighly impossible to keep up with them, even when all the Mods started promoting their forums (Even though Mods don't need to do this, Members can always look inside and join in) it will always be the same members that post within those forums. I think those post in post forums shouldn't get a award for getting a easy 10,000 post out of that.
Unread 06-22-2011, 07:20 PM
Site Creator

Points: 385,895, Level: 100 Points: 385,895, Level: 100 Points: 385,895, Level: 100
Activity: 40%
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%
Ascended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destruction View Post
even when all the Mods started promoting their forums (Even though Mods don't need to do this, Members can always look inside and join in)
members could look inside themselves, but most just look for interesting new topics in new posts, thats unfortunatly how it works.
There not all hardened forum users and people genaraly like an active forum better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destruction View Post
I think those post in post forums shouldn't get a award for getting a easy 10,000 post out of that.
I dont think people who have the 10,000 award did get it all from the fun house. By looking at the names, most of them are well know quality posters and post anime or extended discussion alot and have high experiance points from the amount of quality posts too. http://www.animeforum.org.uk/xperience.php

But tell me if you think im misinturperting the data.

And the 10,000 post award is for posting, thats how they have contrubuted, so shouldnt they have the award ?.
We do have a separate quality posting award.
Maybe we should make the quality posting award the same status and so people can keep it once they have got it. That way we could reward people for quality posting better and create more insentive.
It would need a way of deciding who gets it then.

Thoughts?

Please hit my Youtube FSN video link -> Link

RPG charater links - Dark Elf Lord - Fairy Lord

Talking /Thinking

Unread 06-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
OC Guild
Fighter

Points: 17,401, Level: 91 Points: 17,401, Level: 91 Points: 17,401, Level: 91
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Materia User has shown loyalty and contrubutedMateria User has shown loyalty and contrubuted

my 2 cents...

I like the way it currently works.

I will say that sometimes, I might want to talk about something with no specific topic in mind... like bleach (just an example) and if I browse that particular forum and see no new posts for like a month or two, I tend to think no one is interested in it anymore, so I likewise won't post.

maybe others are doing the same.

and then there's things like bumping up topics that are really old, or making a new one. I hear (not here but in other forums all the time) complaints about either one. If bumping up an old topic they might say
"this thread is old, don't bump up XXX old topics"
and then if you make a new thread
"This has been made already..."

I haven't experienced that here... but that stigma always stuck with me because other forums would do that. Hence, sometimes i'm afraid to talk about something that may have been discussed, but I have my own opinion/insight/etc about it.

anyways, I think both serious and fun topics are great, but of course serious ones should be worth more. since that's how it works already... i'm happy.

Serious is good so that this doesn't become just some spammy loony topic place, and fun is good, because we all like and need to laugh once in a while.
Unread 06-22-2011, 10:03 PM

swordswoman
Blogger
Super donator
OC Guild 4
RPG'er
KING

Points: 221,702, Level: 100 Points: 221,702, Level: 100 Points: 221,702, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Saber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Saber

Spam games are good for all the reasons listed above but also cos they encourage community and friendship, which is the thing people most like about AF. It is also good for new members that might not feel confident enough yet, to post anime or to post seriously.

It has always been the sites philosophy or values to encourage people to post about anime, extended discussion, or art. That is why I think the point people have raised about awards is important and changing the quality posting award to be permanent and of equal value to the ten thousand posts award is a good idea.

Unread 06-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Banned

ShineCero has a little shamelful behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to ShineCero

Quote:
members could look inside themselves, but most just look for interesting new topics in new posts, thats unfortunatly how it works.
Which Members can easily created a topic that like. Mods are tehir to contribute and Mod their site, but members should give a hand in this as well (take the OBD from Narutoforums for example: Mods rarely post a thread, yet it one of the highest posts in that forum).

They should be encourage to created threads and foucs on those forums instead of Spam Forums.

Quote:
I dont think people who have the 10,000 award did get it all from the fun house. By looking at the names, most of them are well know quality posters and post anime or extended discussion alot and have high experiance points from the amount of quality posts too.
Not all, but some can generally spend most of their time posting within those forums instead of more important forums. Let me rephrase what I said. Instead of Awarding a Medal, give them a Sparkly Name or a Custom Name for those who reach 10,000. And Gives Medals for Best Debator, AMVS, Art and whatever that currently has Medals for it.

Quote:
and then there's things like bumping up topics that are really old, or making a new one. I hear (not here but in other forums all the time) complaints about either one. If bumping up an old topic they might say
"this thread is old, don't bump up XXX old topics"
and then if you make a new thread
"This has been made already..."
Its called, Nerco. In many Forums, people don't like people bumping old threads that already been discuss, debated, upon (Unless you have a good reason for it).

Quote:
Serious is good so that this doesn't become just some spammy loony topic place, and fun is good, because we all like and need to laugh once in a while.
You can do this in a Serious Forums as well. Like Dragon Ball, Animes, Naruto, Bleach, whatever. I'm not saying get rid of it, Just we shouldn't let nearly 2/3 (Note: This just a example nto an actual calucation) of the posts in this place are in Spam Forums
Unread 06-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Deleted

animegirl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to animegirl Send a message via Yahoo to animegirl

If it hadnt been for Draggie encouraging to post more under Easy Discussion, I wouldnt post oh here anything like as much now. And now I have nearly 11,000 posts. Some of them are in the Extended Discussion and Anime and Manga sections as well

Last edited by animegirl; 06-22-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Unread 06-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Veteran member

Points: 57,898, Level: 100 Points: 57,898, Level: 100 Points: 57,898, Level: 100
Jcoss Has shown honour and chivalryJcoss Has shown honour and chivalryJcoss Has shown honour and chivalryJcoss Has shown honour and chivalry

interesting ideas, but I have to agree that most of the post are done in the funhouse or spam games, sometimes coming up with a new topic is pretty hard for a single mind this is why we need more people to feel that it's fine to post new topics, yes it's the mods respounsibility to promote their section, but even mods are human and sometimes run out of ideas for new discussions, when ideas hit me I create the thread as soon as it hits me, but oddly the number of times it comes to me is not that often, the issue is people don't like to think and instead just want to post, it's a common issue and I don't mean it to be offensive in the slightest, people want to just post and have fun most of the time which is why the fun house and spam games are always upto date with post, yet the real sections are lacking because not alot of people want to think seriously durning their free time, yes it's ok to be serious but we must not forget that having fun is one of the reasons this site exist to begin with.
Izuna(Renamon)/Tamamo(Vulpix), Vulpix(Tamomo), Nio/Flare/Aurora
Unread 06-23-2011, 12:28 AM

swordswoman
Blogger
Super donator
OC Guild 4
RPG'er
KING

Points: 221,702, Level: 100 Points: 221,702, Level: 100 Points: 221,702, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Saber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Saber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcoss Minato View Post
interesting ideas, but I have to agree that most of the post are done in the funhouse or spam games, sometimes coming up with a new topic is pretty hard for a single mind this is why we need more people to feel that it's fine to post new topics, yes it's the mods respounsibility to promote their section, but even mods are human and sometimes run out of ideas for new discussions, when ideas hit me I create the thread as soon as it hits me, but oddly the number of times it comes to me is not that often, the issue is people don't like to think and instead just want to post, it's a common issue and I don't mean it to be offensive in the slightest, people want to just post and have fun most of the time which is why the fun house and spam games are always upto date with post, yet the real sections are lacking because not alot of people want to think seriously durning their free time, yes it's ok to be serious but we must not forget that having fun is one of the reasons this site exist to begin with.
I think this goes back to Ascended pointing out that the members have free will to post anywhere and they do. And if there is more spam posts and light hearted stuff then its okay. I think there is still a lot of serious anime and discussion for points to balance things.
Its true that not everyone wants to be serious all the time but also I think this will naturally change depending what members we have at a given time.
We recruit from lots of places and we always look for anime fans because we are an anime site but we also advertise all the areas we have and so people are attracted here for more than one thing.

Unread 06-23-2011, 11:41 AM

Points: 2,808, Level: 34 Points: 2,808, Level: 34 Points: 2,808, Level: 34
Urban_flow<3 is on a distinguished road

I'm new here but I want to suggest this forum to have spam section like in the NarutoForum

Tags
fun posting., quality posting