Go Back   Anime Forum > General Anime/Manga & Cosplay > Specific Anime Discussions > Anime Reviews

Anime Reviews Read and post in our Anime Reviews

Unread 06-19-2009, 12:29 AM
Resting SupermodResting Senior mod Exp'
Flightleader Dragon

Points: 48,683, Level: 100 Points: 48,683, Level: 100 Points: 48,683, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via MSN to +Masamune+ Send a message via Skype™ to +Masamune+
Talking Anime Reviews by MasamuneSephiroth: Review 1--> "Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni"

------------>Extra information and details are referenced from Wikipedia and pictures are from Google, however, the review is completely original and is described threw my thoughts and views on the anime. Obviously, im not going to have every anime characters japanese name in every anime i've watched memorized, so thats why i look to Wiki for info. When finished reading, please post your thoughts on my work and what you thought about the anime if you have or haven't watched it. If you do not post, please tell others about these reviews i work on, because i make these for this site alone and i like to get feedback as motivation to keep making these reviews. I plan to make many more in the future. I have watched a huge variety of anime from gory, to drama, from funny, to action. There will be an anime review for every ones tastes. With that out of the way, lets get to the review!! <--------------
HIGURASHI NO NAKU KORO NI

Type: Horror, Gory, Mystery, Drama, Funny (in certain areas)

Alternate Name: When They Cry - Higurashi

My Rating: 10 out of 10

Released: 2006-04-04 to 2006-09-26

Episodes: Season 1:26------Season 2:24------Season 3:5

I really like how this anime was put together! I'm into the horror anime's and this one hit the nail on the head. (literally) I mean, if Stephen King was a anime script director, this is what he would make. For those who have not read or seen a video involving *****n Kings work, then i will explain what the anime is about without spoiling anything as much as possible.
Ok, so the setting of the anime takes place in a fictional village called "Hinamizawa Village" everything is fine and dandy with this village, except the fact that its supposedly cursed by a spirit called Oyashiro-Sama. Here's what the curse does: A festival is thrown for the 58th year of "Showa". (forgot what it was lol) But every year, someone dies and another person disappears. The towns people think it is do to a big fight that broke out over building a dam and with the police covering up the story, the towns people think the curse was created that way. Now when (and if) you ever watch this anime, DO NOT just think it is a collection of short stories!!!! i almost thought that it was, but you will understand everything in the first episode of the second season, "higurashi no naku koro ni kai". I was very confused one the first episode because here is how the beginning starts..... There is a kid beating to bodies up with a bat and he is acting all freaked out. Hes repeating, "they are gone! they are gone!" (or something like that). still acting freaked out, he finds a phone booth and called the police. The police try to talk to him, but he just keeps talking to himself saying, "they are behind me! i know it! They always are!!! I got rid of them, but I can still feel there presence!!! Im going crazy because i know they will be behind me if i turn around!!!" and as he drops the phone he begins to yell "i cant take it anymore!" and begins to kill himself by clawing at his own throat, *phone goes dead and the police show up right after.* Now this is foreshadowing of what is to come, so it is not gory like this threw the whole anime. the opening is meant to draw you in so you know that something bad will happen. they wanted to keep that image in the back of your mind as the cutesy and nice anime is altered by certain series' of events. Now about the characters.....there is not one main character because the anime has a background for 6 (really 7) characters, hence the multiple stories.

Keiichi Maebara: a protagonist that just moved into the village due to an incident in his former village. he befriends the other main characters easily with his speech abilities.

Rena Ryuugu: A soft, emotional girl who adores anything that is kawaii (cute) and will freak out when she does see something cute(lol). But she becomes scary when she is angry......she enjoys looking threw the town trash dump to look for cute things and lives in a broken down bus located in the town trash dump. (awesome hangout place i think lol)

Mion Sonozaki: she is the oldest out of all the main characters and class leader. a little like a tomboy and she has the same speech skills as Keiichi. she know martial arts and has a twin sister, one of the other main characters.

Shion Sonozaki: The twin of Mion. Her personality is just like Mion's
so she like to trade places with her. She takes care of the another main character, Satoko.

Satoko Hojo A younger, 4-6 grade lvl classman that is an expert at making traps and pranks that she uses on kenchii Although she is very energetic, her past left a permanent scar on her which is shown later on in the anime. She lives with Rika, The last main character, because her family died and she had no relatives to go to except for a violent uncle.

Rika Furude: She is the same grade lvl as Satako, but do not judge her too quickly. She is the heir of the local shrine, and is head of the Furude house because her family died too. She likes to say *Nipa* after sentences to sound cute a lot.(and it works lol) She also has an imaginary friend.

Music: Now the opening music is awesome! it sound like a Japanese "Evanescence" band. it has the echoing effect going, which makes it sound spooky. (same feeling that is given off by the anime itself)

Conclusion: I do not recommend this anime if you are not fond of blood, because there is a lot to it, but if you try to set aside the fear, you will be surprised on how well the story is. Also, it becomes less bloody in the second season. For those who like gory stuff, this is a must watch. I might watch it again lol. Enjoy!

Last edited by +Masamune+; 04-21-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Just adding the 3rd season episodes. :3
Unread 06-19-2009, 12:50 AM

swordswoman
Blogger
Super donator
OC Guild 4
RPG'er
KING

Points: 216,781, Level: 100 Points: 216,781, Level: 100 Points: 216,781, Level: 100
Activity: 40%
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%
Saber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Saber

This one looks very exciting and most definitely one to watch. A good review.

Unread 06-19-2009, 01:54 AM
Citizen Magic Clan
Resting Supermod
OC Guild
Grandmaster Mage
Expert Mage

Points: 81,300, Level: 100 Points: 81,300, Level: 100 Points: 81,300, Level: 100
~Ai~ is a glorious beacon of light~Ai~ is a glorious beacon of light~Ai~ is a glorious beacon of light~Ai~ is a glorious beacon of light~Ai~ is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to ~Ai~

very good review ^.^
this was an excellent horror show
Unread 06-19-2009, 03:50 AM
Magic Clan
OC Guild
Resting Senior Section Leader Mod
Master Mage

Points: 47,856, Level: 100 Points: 47,856, Level: 100 Points: 47,856, Level: 100
Asamoya Has shown honour and chivalryAsamoya Has shown honour and chivalryAsamoya Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via AIM to Asamoya

Awesome review!
I was confused at first too! XD I'll never forget my reaction to the first episode of the second arc. XDDD
Unread 06-20-2009, 02:33 AM

Points: 3,574, Level: 39 Points: 3,574, Level: 39 Points: 3,574, Level: 39
chrome_mist is on a distinguished road
Smile ^.^

great review. you deserve the praise of the great chrome-sama.

anyway, higurashi no naku koro ni is awesome. i'm currently watching it right now. and i'm getting hooked. ^^

[COLOR="Red"]1.[/COLOR] Bleach
[COLOR="Red"]2.[/COLOR] Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn
[COLOR="Red"]3.[/COLOR] Clannad
[COLOR="Red"]4.[/COLOR] Case Closed
[COLOR="Red"]5.[/COLOR] Death Note

don't care if you disagree, but isn't this photo fantastic?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Unread 06-21-2009, 06:28 AM
Citizen

Points: 7,493, Level: 60 Points: 7,493, Level: 60 Points: 7,493, Level: 60
Pink Bismuth is on a distinguished road

Very nice review. I like this show a lot and you described it very well without giving too much away which I would think to be rather difficult as the story is rather complex and enshrouded in mystery. You also forewarned of the violence but was sure to mention the cutesy parts. Good job!
Unread 07-16-2009, 11:28 PM
Flightleader Dragon

Points: 48,683, Level: 100 Points: 48,683, Level: 100 Points: 48,683, Level: 100
+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry

***REVIEW EDIT*** i changed the my review score to a 10 out of 10 because i realize now how awesome this anime is and it deserves a 10!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber View Post
This one looks very exciting and most definitely one to watch. A good review.
thank you and it is one to put in your list to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ai~ View Post
very good review ^.^
this was an excellent horror show
thanks i like how they show you what happens before you get the back story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamoya View Post
Awesome review!
I was confused at first too! XD I'll never forget my reaction to the first episode of the second arc. XDDD
my thoughts exactly. when i saw the second season i was like "noooooooooooow i understand! its so clear now! " lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome_mist View Post
great review. you deserve the praise of the great chrome-sama.

anyway, higurashi no naku koro ni is awesome. i'm currently watching it right now. and i'm getting hooked. ^^
im glad my review got you hooked. its what I do XD and i will accept your praise with great honor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Bismuth View Post
Very nice review. I like this show a lot and you described it very well without giving too much away which I would think to be rather difficult as the story is rather complex and enshrouded in mystery. You also forewarned of the violence but was sure to mention the cutesy parts. Good job!
i try my hardest to not spoil anything because these reviews are mainly for new watchers and reminders for people who have already seen it lol.

"Tell me what you cherish the most, give me the pleasure of taking it away."

Last edited by GohanMaster; 07-24-2009 at 05:02 AM. Reason: a 6 poster
Unread 07-23-2009, 02:18 AM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Fighter

Points: 8,338, Level: 63 Points: 8,338, Level: 63 Points: 8,338, Level: 63
didi.hyper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to didi.hyper
Default Re: Anime Reviews by: Masamunesephiroth1990 Review 1--> "Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni"

great1 lol i know that this is a great episode by what ive seen of it and i LOVE it!! its abestus! lol of course, i dream about killing ppl and about every1 dying and me being an old man and looking up 2 see who had injected the poison that ws killing me 2 see my own face and then switch characters and plan my own death! but... lol this isnt as bad.... ish... ^^

Bunny:MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!
Unread 07-23-2009, 02:41 AM
Flightleader Dragon

Default Re: Anime Reviews by: Masamunesephiroth1990 Review 1--> "Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni"

Quote:
Originally Posted by didi.hyper View Post
great1 lol i know that this is a great episode by what ive seen of it and i LOVE it!! its abestus! lol of course, i dream about killing ppl and about every1 dying and me being an old man and looking up 2 see who had injected the poison that ws killing me 2 see my own face and then switch characters and plan my own death! but... lol this isnt as bad.... ish... ^^
i dunno what to say but thanks lol sorry, but im having troubles comprehending what you said XD

"Tell me what you cherish the most, give me the pleasure of taking it away."
Unread 07-23-2009, 02:44 AM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Fighter

Points: 8,338, Level: 63 Points: 8,338, Level: 63 Points: 8,338, Level: 63
didi.hyper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to didi.hyper

Quote:
Originally Posted by masamunesephiroth View Post
i dunno what to say but thanks lol sorry, but im having troubles comprehending what you said XD
lmao, dont worry about it... most ppl dont understand what i say... lol i was tlaking aobut this dream i had where it started out all happy like higurashi and then there was a murdereer who kept on killing ppl and i switched ppl as i went... some times i was the person who looked like me and sometimes i was other ppl seeing the ppl die and sometimes i ws the person dying... lol i diodnt know till the end who the killer was and it turned out 2 b the me character! ^^ it was a pretty long dream like all of them so i dont think ill go in depth anymore thna that...

Bunny:MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

Tags
anime review sephiroth