Go Back   Anime Forum > General Anime/Manga & Cosplay > Specific Anime Discussions > Anime Reviews

Anime Reviews Read and post in our Anime Reviews

Unread 06-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Citizen

Points: 20,760, Level: 99 Points: 20,760, Level: 99 Points: 20,760, Level: 99
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Overlord-G has shown loyalty and contrubutedOverlord-G has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via MSN to Overlord-G Send a message via Yahoo to Overlord-G
Default 27th G-View: B Gata H Kei

Hello and welcome to G-Views, where SoL reigns supreme, moe is respected and Dokuro-chan sucks poopie. Have you ever asked yourself what your "1st time" will be like? Have you ever considered yourself a one-hit wonder or an open chest? Have you ever undertaken a mission objective with no experience whatsoever? Have you ever seen a show where 98% of the entire cast are idiots? All the answers to these questions and more in the "B Gata H Kei" G-View!

Alternative title:
Genres: comedy, romance
Themes: Ecchi, perverted female character

Number of episodes: 12

G-Rating: 7/10. In all honesty, it depends on people's tastes what they'd rate this one.

Plot Summary: Yamada is a high school student, and a virgin, who aspires to have 100 casual sex partners. Despite this, she soon finds herself targeting and pursuing only one boy.

Yamada Family

Yamada (山田, Yamada?)
Voiced by: Yukari Tamura[4]
Yamada is a 15 year old high school girl who is best described as oversexed, flirtatious and lustful. She is particularly vain and is unabashed in flaunting her looks in public. Upon entering high school, her goal was to have intimate relations with 100 different men; however, her insecurities as a virgin caused her to turn down any advances. Yamada believes the first step towards realizing her dreams is to lose her virginity to an inexperienced boy. This leads her to pursue Takashi Kosuda. While initially seeing him as a tool for her lust, over time she starts to develop genuine feelings for him which includes jealousy when she finds him in the presence of another female companion. Despite living at home with her younger sister, Yamada is unashamed in her licentious habits, which involve highlighting sexual terms in the dictionary, collecting erotic magazines which she keeps in her room, even taking pictures of animals having sex or downloading hundreds of uncensored penises.

Aiding her towards her goals is a personal deity who takes on the appearance of a super deformed version of Yamada, save the mustache, and floats around on a pink cloud. This character also acts as a narrator at times, calling herself the sage of lust Ero-God, recapping past events as well as occasionally breaking the fourth wall to address the audience.

Chika Yamada (山田 チカ, Yamada Chika?)
Voiced by: Asami Shimoda
Yamada's little sister, who because of all her sister's perverted interests, is completely unaffected to such nature. She is very popular, often using her cuteness to get boys to give her whatever she wants.

Kosuda Family

Takashi Kosuda (小須田 崇, Kosuda Takashi?)
Voiced by: Atsushi Abe[4]
Takashi Kosuda is one of Yamada's classmates, and is the main subject of her lust throughout the series. Characterized as inept, sheepish and indecisive, he is also kind-hearted and often tries to look out for Yamada when he can. Takashi is initially taken by her advances, but that later turns into confusion and anxiety, due to the mixed signals between them, as well as his insecurities as a virgin. He lives at home with his older sister, who is a college student. One of his hobbies is photography. He is afraid of heights.

Kazuki Kosuda (小須田 香月, Kosuda Kazuki?)
Voiced by: Mamiko Noto[4]
Kazuki Kosuda is the older sister of Takashi, who is a college student living at home. Though often teasing her brother, she deeply cares for him. She is also not shy, and often walks around the house naked or barely dressed despite her brother being there.

Others

Miharu Takeshita (竹下 美春, Takeshita Miharu?)
Voiced by: Yui Horie[4]
Miharu Takeshita is the best friend and classmate of Yamada. Despite her friend's prurient interests, Miharu tries her best to be of help, even going so far as to invite Takashi on a double date at the water park. At times, she is the subject of Yamada's envy due to her bustiness of which earned her the moniker "F-shita" as a reference to her cup size. She also has a boyfriend whom she rarely talks about because of Yamada and her lewd prying.

Mayu Miyano (宮野 まゆ, Miyano Mayu?)
Voiced by: Kana Hanazawa[4]
Mayu Miyano is the childhood friend of Takashi who lives directly across the street from their house. She is depicted as a busty meganekko who is ditsy and has a timid personality. Mayu secretly has feelings for Takashi but doesn't have the courage to confess to him. Because of this and her close history with Takashi, she is perceived by Yamada as a rival for his virginity. One of her favorite hobbies is cooking. Her first love was actually Takashi's sister Kazuki, who she thought was a boy. It might be because of this why Takashi is completely oblivious to her feelings, as when they were children she stated she already liked somebody, where he still believes she is in love with a boy with the same name as his sister. She also has a habit of blurting out odd intentions, like when she was trying to get up the courage to enter his house to give him food, she spots him returning home and states, "I made you lunch, I wasn't spying!"

Kanejō Family

A rich family in the series. They are all portrayed to have stars sparking around their faces.

Kyōka Kanejō (金城 京香, Kanejō Kyōka?)
Voiced by: Yū Kobayashi[4]
Kyouka Kanejou is rich girl who moved from America to go to the same school as Yamada and Takeshi. She classifies herself as a perfectionist who can do everything, such as modeling, cooking, and sports. She becomes obsession on becoming queen and beating Yamada, after losing to her in a pageant. She has an excessive brother complex to where she has a secret room filled with nothing but his image, to a point where she wants her own brother, Keiichi Kanejō, to take her virginity away from her. She will do absolutely anything at all costs to win his affection but unfortunately for her, he is currently studying in Harvard where she can not follow.

Keiichi Kanejō (金城 圭一, Kanejō Keiichi?)
Kanejō's brother, who came from America (probably Harvard University). He is the object of every woman's infatuation, even a princess from a foreign country could not withstand his "charm". He later returns, but has seemingly gained an interest in Yamada, much to Kyoka's chagrin, this most likely because she is so far the only woman that has not instantly fawned over him. He reveals he is a virgin, though unaware of the fact his sister uses her power to do so.

When I said that most of the people on this show are idiots, I meant it. Never have I seen a group of people with brains the size of cashews, personalities to be exact. They are all that moronic, both male and female. The only few exceptions are Kinoshita, Miyano and possibly Chika. Miyano is merely a lost cause who suffers from the cliche "underdog virus". Kinoshita's a true hero in the sense that she's one of the most sane characters on the show, along with her boyfriend. Other than them, everyone else can easily be labeled as idiots. I say idiot a lot because I've never seen a show where there are so many idiotic characters. Not even Baka Test has that many idiots and that show's main theme is idiocy.

Animation wise, it's nothing to brag to your friends about, but it gets the job done. Music is nothing memorable. Action....well, it's hit and miss. Sometimes it can be hilarious and exciting, other times it's a pain to endure.

Final verdict: It's not exactly Oscar material, but it's not bad either. I'd give it a go for a good laugh or two. Check it out if you wish. It does have its redeeming moments, especially certain episodes where things really get interesting, including the finale.

Last edited by Overlord-G; 02-01-2011 at 03:16 AM.
Unread 06-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Resting SupermodResting Senior mod Exp'
Flightleader Dragon

Points: 51,883, Level: 100 Points: 51,883, Level: 100 Points: 51,883, Level: 100
+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via MSN to +Masamune+ Send a message via Skype™ to +Masamune+
Default Re: 27th G-View: B Gata H Kei

thanks for the review i have seen the cover for this before, but i never watched it. a 6 out of 10? hm....i might give this a watch, but i got like 48 animes on stand-by, so it might be a while before i view this lol in all truthfulness, im not really an Ecchi fan when it comes to anime, but that doesn't mean i disapprove of it when i see it xD i just think its distraction and a time waster when there's a good story going on. im trying to think of a good example of what i mean...hm....oh! on "This Ugly Yet Beautiful World" they where constantly throwing panty and breast shots like they where going out of style, and it was kinda disrupting the big story that was going on Xb its a good anime. They could have toned it down a bit, but there people who enjoy that, so like you said, its all on a matter of taste

"Tell me what you cherish the most, give me the pleasure of taking it away."
Unread 06-18-2010, 11:48 PM
Citizen

Overlord-G has shown loyalty and contrubutedOverlord-G has shown loyalty and contrubuted

It's alright dood. This one, the fanservice isn't much of a distraction really. It's just there. The plot itself speaks for itself and as I mentioned, most of the characters are idiots. Not as idiotic as Dokuro-chan's characters, but idiots nonetheless.
Unread 06-18-2010, 11:57 PM

Points: 4,779, Level: 47 Points: 4,779, Level: 47 Points: 4,779, Level: 47
JamesB is on a distinguished road

I love this series, it's not really all THAT ecchi. The characters are likeable, even Yamada. I wouldn't call them idiots though, because they are played that way for comedic effect. It kept me laughing all the way through. It also has some really nice romantic parts in. In my opinion I'll give it a 8/10. I hope there's a second season .

Last edited by JamesB; 06-19-2010 at 12:02 AM.
Unread 06-19-2010, 12:01 AM
Citizen

That's one man's opinion. Most of them, excluding Kinoshita and her boyfriend, Miyano, Kosuda's sister and the chibi gods. everyone else is an idiot. The main reason besides the idiocy that this show got only an average score from me, is some problems with pacing. It was good in the beginning, became kinda crappy in the middle, then redeemed itself in the final 2 episodes. It would have gotten a 7 instead, but the crappy parts ruined it a little.
Unread 06-19-2010, 12:10 AM

Points: 4,779, Level: 47 Points: 4,779, Level: 47 Points: 4,779, Level: 47
JamesB is on a distinguished road

Really? I thought it started getting a lot better in the middle when it started bringing out the romantic feelings and such? Also, Kosuda isn't really all that stupid, he's not exactly the brightest, but he does show more brains than most harem/ecchi male leads. If anything I'd say he's just inexperienced and a little disturbed that some random female is coming up to him and flashing him then running away. Yamada is an idiot I'll give you that, but she does become slightly less stupid by the end of the series. I never really liked Kanejou or her brother, so yeah.
Unread 06-19-2010, 12:40 AM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Blogger
OC Guild
RPG'er
Warrior

Points: 48,977, Level: 100 Points: 48,977, Level: 100 Points: 48,977, Level: 100
Veku Has shown honour and chivalryVeku Has shown honour and chivalryVeku Has shown honour and chivalry

Great review G-Sama!

You've pretty much summed up the idioc of all the characters well, so I won't disagree with you because you are definitely correct in your opinion. I will admit, I thought it got kind of cute in the middle when Romance kicks in. I saw Yamada transform to a different person (even if she stays perverted). I still wonder though, why '100 Sex Buddies'? I mean, does she WANT herpes or something?

Is that the best you can do?
Unread 06-19-2010, 12:42 AM
Citizen

@ JimmyB: Kanejou is epic, her brother is not. she has the most retarded, yet hilarious ojou-sama laugh and THAT is worth huge brownie points in my book. The laugh makes a huge difference. Her character sucks, but the laugh more than makes up for it. Her incest is nothing special to me. Like I said, her brother is pointless.
Again, good points for explaining Kosuda's good points, but that still won't change my rating for this show or him as a character. His best moments were when he and Yamada made their moves. My favorite will always be his reaction after grabbing Yamada's breasts.

My final verdict remains the same, this show is decent. It doesn't mean it sucks, it's just good fun, especially after watching an episode of Angel Beats and crying your heart out.

@ Vegeku: The whole 100 sex buddies thing was pure genius and the main attraction, Plus the fact that she's inexperienced made it more fun.

Last edited by Overlord-G; 06-19-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Unread 06-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Blogger
OC Guild
RPG'er
Warrior

Points: 48,977, Level: 100 Points: 48,977, Level: 100 Points: 48,977, Level: 100
Veku Has shown honour and chivalryVeku Has shown honour and chivalryVeku Has shown honour and chivalry

It was truly hilarious in all honesty.

Is that the best you can do?
Unread 06-19-2010, 12:52 AM
Citizen

That laugh still brings much bliss to my ears. Also, let's not forget the final and BOY WHAT A FINALE IT WAS.

Last edited by Overlord-G; 06-19-2010 at 12:56 AM.