Go Back   Anime Forum > General Discussion Forums > Easy Discussion

Easy Discussion Lighter genaral discussions.

Unread 08-30-2011, 10:18 PM
Banned

Indiveren has shown loyalty and contrubutedIndiveren has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Default your religion

what religion do you belong to or whatever (i relize certain things dont count as a religion) what do you think about other peoples religion what is your religion like what do you beleave in
as always im going to hold on my answers and let you talk first
Unread 08-30-2011, 10:28 PM
Deleted

animegirl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to animegirl Send a message via Yahoo to animegirl
Default Re: your religion

It's arguably not a religion but a philosophy on technical grounds, but I'm a LaVeyan Satanist
Unread 08-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Banned

Indiveren has shown loyalty and contrubutedIndiveren has shown loyalty and contrubuted

i put or whatever in there for a reason i knew something like that would pop up so explane please
Unread 08-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Deleted

Well I posted a thread about us in the Theological section, Silverlight

Last edited by animegirl; 08-30-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Unread 08-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Banned

aww fine ill let you go on that
Unread 08-30-2011, 10:59 PM
Deleted

I'm not actually that critical of Christians for the reason most enemies of Christianity are, because those critics might claim to have rejected Christianity but they still live by degraded versions of the Christ ethos.

Indeed, the parts of the Western world that most strongly resist assaults such as population replacement by mass immigration and the autogenocide of the abortion holocaust, are christian areas such as South Africa and parts of the USA. The reason is that Christians are relatively *less* affected by the Christ ethos than are progressive, secular countries like the UK and Germany, whose cultures represent a secularised and degraded version of the worst of Christian morality.

But if we look at an Islamic country like Iran, there is no question of the Iranian people wiping themselves out by 'reproductive choice', or of big business seeking to replace Iranian citizens with cheap immigrant labour. These problems that are faced by the West and by Westernised countries such as Singapore exist because of attitudes that were initially created in Europe by the Christian (and especially Protestant) belief in the importance of the individual, and of the Golden Rule. To my mind, Islam is superior to Christianity, and so are the traditions of South and East Asia, and the religions of the ancient civilizations of what are now countries that practice Abrahamic religions (or are worse still secular). The modern West is something that corrupts.

I'll quote from an article that was written about Nietzsche.

"In commenting on Nietzsche’s attitude to art, Anthony Ludovici pointed to three characteristics of Christianity which Nietzsche believed ultimately led mankind away and down from a high destiny (to overcome his own species and become something higher). They are: equality of all souls; the insuperable depravity of human nature; the insistence upon a unique "Ultimate Truth". Nietzsche’s great critique of Christianity, for which he is so famous, does not constitute much of a rational argument but rather a polemic based on what Nietzsche himself considered to be aesthetic and instinctive revulsion towards the unhealthy. Many people are sceptical of Christianity because of its historical hypocrisies. This was not Nietzsche’s point. On the contrary, he was essentially claiming that Christianity was not hypocritical enough. People were increasingly not believing literally in the Biblical message, yet Nietzsche was convinced they followed a morality which had its roots in Christian ethics. In particular Nietzsche deplored Christianity’s high opinion of the importance of the individual human being. The average human being is of precious little importance according to Nietzsche, when not dedicated to the service of something or someone higher than itself."
Unread 08-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Banned

its mainly becuse people can handle people who are diffrent that causes all this truble thats why christianity causes truble becuse it alows people to be who they are instead of hideing it
Unread 08-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Citizen

Points: 85,147, Level: 100 Points: 85,147, Level: 100 Points: 85,147, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
~Sukichu~ has a spectacular aura about them~Sukichu~ has a spectacular aura about them~Sukichu~ has a spectacular aura about them~Sukichu~ has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Sukichu~

Hurmm. . Well, as long as no one decides to be all: ">.>" on me about it. .

I was raised a Christian my whole life, but that specific religion didn't really click with me. Like, I just didn't like the concept. I have nothing against the religion, but I just don't feel particularly close to it. As of right now however, I'm Wiccan. The one I'm centered in has two deities. The Triple Goddess and the Horned God. It's basically somewhat of a nature centered religion. That's one of the main reasons it clicked with me, because of the fact that the religion respects others and Mother Nature.

That's how I view it anyways. I have nothing against anyone elses religions or views if they don't have a particular religion. I view them the sameway as I would view anyone elses. With respect and a non-judgemental view.
Unread 08-30-2011, 11:19 PM
Banned

why is everyone seemingly agenst christianity the religion with the most people in it (sorry its just starting to anoy me but ill wait for other people to come and speak)
Unread 08-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlight View Post
its mainly becuse people can handle people who are diffrent that causes all this truble thats why christianity causes truble becuse it alows people to be who they are instead of hideing it
I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

Of course people should be left alone unless there's a reason not to, and most people who are made out to be villains or monsters just want to be left alone.

But the sort of tolerance that prevents people forcing their ideas onto others *if* they think its neccessary for the practical good of the group, or rooted in a sincere moral conviction, can only be harmful. Ever.

The Golden Rule and individualism are destructive, because they make people feel guilty about smashing a few eggs when they need to make an ommlete. The reason why they foster an attitude of nihilism, is because they prevent people from forcing others to behave morally according to a standard.

Tags
religion