Go Back   Anime Forum > General Discussion Forums > Easy Discussion

Easy Discussion Lighter genaral discussions.

Closed Thread
Unread 07-03-2012, 03:55 PM

swordswoman
Blogger
Super donator
OC Guild 4
RPG'er
KING

Points: 219,126, Level: 100 Points: 219,126, Level: 100 Points: 219,126, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Saber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Saber
Default Re: argument vs debate

Stay on topic please.
The thread needs to focus on the topic ' argument v debate and not be members arguing and debating about each other. It breaks rule
1.(a) Be respectful to others, no discrimination, personal attacks, insulting remarks, or insults. { Except in hell } Do not harass other members.

Last edited by Saber; 07-03-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Unread 07-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Banned

Indiveren has shown loyalty and contrubutedIndiveren has shown loyalty and contrubuted

a debate is in my view is (i did create this thread to know peoples views and how they see the words i asked about) a converstion about the topic. in a debate two people go back and forth talking the subject over accepting and rejecting certian things but doing so mutually not just one sided. an arguement is where two people talk about a subject but do not accept eachothers points. an argument can turn into a debate when they become accepting of the others views. a debate can turn into an argument when they no longer accept each others views. i think arguments are bad. as ive explaned before they just have no reason. i think debates are good. as ive explaned before they have a point. in my opinion arguments are just an easy way to break someone down to the point that they will just believe and do anything you say becuase they no longer want to be called wrong.

for this posts purpose i use these words in these ways:
conversation- not chit chat but a talk about a topic in a way aiming for self educational purpose.
talk- what you do in the definition (above) of conversation.
argument- two people(or more) talking about a subject not accepting the others views and trying to change them.
debate- two people(or more) talking about a subject accepting the others views. changeing certian things, agreeing to disagree on things, and agreeing on others.
bad- what i think of as bad. i do not feel like explaneing this word and do not want to argue about it. if you have a problem with this word ill see if i can change my post to not use it.
good- what i think of as good. i do not feel like explaneing this word and do not want to argue about it. if you have a problem with this word ill see if i can change my post to not use it.
accept- to agnolage that the other thinks this and not to try and change it.
reject- to see something as wrong or partualy incorrect.
Click here to see full text
ok this is my last try to respond to my thread. im not going to chance it to match your perfect normal person. im not going to argue or debate why im wrong. this is just me trying one last time to get my view in. i did creae this thead to know what others though of this. ill admit this is probibly all written wrong. ill be trying over the next few hours to see how i wrote it wrong and correct this. ill put the effort i would into school work into this. even though i normaly dont like to do so. sorry for the personal bit here but i felt i must put it here.

Last edited by Indiveren; 07-03-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Unread 07-03-2012, 04:31 PM

swordswoman
Blogger
Super donator
OC Guild 4
RPG'er
KING

Points: 219,126, Level: 100 Points: 219,126, Level: 100 Points: 219,126, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Saber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Saber

thread closed for moderation and due to Xan'xi personalising responses after being warned.

Last edited by Saber; 07-03-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Closed Thread