Go Back   Anime Forum > Extended Discussion > Extended Discussion and Debate forums > Extended Discussion Forum

Extended Discussion Forum Extended Discussion and debate

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Super donator
Sir. Stahlie: The Protector
Knight At Arms

Points: 27,666, Level: 100 Points: 27,666, Level: 100 Points: 27,666, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
stahlie Has shown honour and chivalrystahlie Has shown honour and chivalrystahlie Has shown honour and chivalry
Default Men, imagination, and embracing your feminine side

OK, being secure enough in my manhood, I feel I can approach this topic, and survive the catcalls BOUND to follow from all you over-testosterone'd younger guys out there. But fact is dudes, you have some girlie in you, whether you like it, accept it, or not.

And you wouldn't even BE here, at this forum, if you didn't sometimes address it, consciously or not, to grant you access your imagination. (you know, that thing that allows you to watch Anime and suspend disbelief long enough to derive pleasure from it.)

Anyway - to the point. How many of you guys have enough guts to admit it? And to what degree. Did you ever identify with a Female character? Did an Anime ever make you cry? Don't be shy. I, at least, will have a higher opinion of you for the display of honesty, if for no other reason. And hopefully, trolls will stay home.

Ladies, feel free to comment as you like, but try not to drive the braver of these souls away. I at least, want to hear what they have to say.

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Resting SupermodResting Senior mod Exp'
Flightleader Dragon

Points: 51,883, Level: 100 Points: 51,883, Level: 100 Points: 51,883, Level: 100
+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via MSN to +Masamune+ Send a message via Skype™ to +Masamune+
Default Re: Men, imagination, and embracing your feminine side

lol yes i shed a tear when i watched elfen lied and clannad. im not afraid to say that because it was sad and there are female characters i can relate to as well. (cant name any off the top of my head) so yeah i have a feminine side to me. XD

"Tell me what you cherish the most, give me the pleasure of taking it away."
Unread 08-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Super donator
Knight At Arms

Points: 27,666, Level: 100 Points: 27,666, Level: 100 Points: 27,666, Level: 100
stahlie Has shown honour and chivalrystahlie Has shown honour and chivalrystahlie Has shown honour and chivalry

Quote:
Originally Posted by masamunesephiroth View Post
lol yes i shed a tear when i watched elfen lied and clannad. im not afraid to say that because it was sad and there are female characters i can relate to as well. (cant name any off the top of my head) so yeah i have a feminine side to me. XD
OK, you win the 'Bravery Medal' - with Oak Leaves- for being the first to come clean about it.
BRAVO!!

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Site Creator

Points: 386,545, Level: 100 Points: 386,545, Level: 100 Points: 386,545, Level: 100
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%
Ascended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud of

We all have some feminine inside us. Deniy that and you deny a part of yourself.
Those that deny it are simply not secure enough in their own sexuality to accept all of who they are.

Back on topic. Yes i identified with a few female characters, Saber for one in Fate Stay Knight.
And I have cried at anime. But that doesnt seem to happen since I had a serious berevement, unless its connected.

I can say all this and still be heterosexual.

Please hit my Youtube FSN video link -> Link

RPG charater links - Dark Elf Lord - Fairy Lord

Talking /Thinking

Unread 08-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Super donator
Knight At Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended Vegeta View Post
We all have some feminine inside us. Deniy that and you deny a part of yourself.
Those that deny it are simply not secure enough in their own sexuality to accept all of who they are.

Back on topic. Yes i identified with a few female characters, Saber for one in Fate Stay Knight.
And I have cried at anime. But that doesnt seem to happen since I had a serious berevement, unless its connected.

Thanks for your input, Sempai. And the whole point IS that none of our admissions here, make us any less a man.
Unread 08-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Citizen

Points: 10,064, Level: 69 Points: 10,064, Level: 69 Points: 10,064, Level: 69
anime mistress has much shamelfulbehaviour in the pastanime mistress has much shamelfulbehaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended Vegeta View Post

Agreed, its the ones that cant admit this, or crush their feminine side, that are less of a man. As you say, they are not a whole person.
But your right, they will probably say your gay to hide from their own insecurities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stahlie View Post
Thanks for your input, Sempai. And the whole point IS that none of our admissions here, make us any less a man.
Agreed again, why cant all men think like you 3.
This is a realy good thread, I only came online to reply ^w^
Unread 08-03-2009, 11:43 PM

Points: 3,387, Level: 38 Points: 3,387, Level: 38 Points: 3,387, Level: 38
dirtysoundboy is on a distinguished road

If its sad then you cry if its funny I laugh if its romantic i feel warm and fuzzy and a good anime that has drawn me into the state of suspension of disbelife due to the quality of the writters insite into the human syche is no different so if an anime hasn't made you cry then you haven't found a sad enough anime, as all men cry if your nearest and dearest died and you felt no emotion then you are inhuan and have lost the right to call yourself a man and should live under a bridge with all the other monsters from folk law plus to surpress your emotions causes stress that can manifest in violent outburst especially when your cognative thought proccesses are slowed down due to alchahol impeding the electrical signals that connect brain cells together making us fall back on our base instints rather than useing our sentient level of interaction.
Unread 08-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Resting SupermodResting Senior mod Exp'
Flightleader Dragon

Points: 51,883, Level: 100 Points: 51,883, Level: 100 Points: 51,883, Level: 100
+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via MSN to +Masamune+ Send a message via Skype™ to +Masamune+

yay! i will treasure this medal and put it in my signature XD
doesnt it make you less of a man to NOT say that you have a feminine side? when was it decided that we cannot show soft emotions? you should not even consider it a "femanine" side; its normal emotions that everyone has and everyone needs to show those emotions because thats who we are.

"Tell me what you cherish the most, give me the pleasure of taking it away."
Unread 08-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Super donator
Knight At Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by masamunesephiroth View Post
yay! i will treasure this medal and put it in my signature XD
doesnt it make you less of a man to NOT say that you have a feminine side? when was it decided that we cannot show soft emotions? you should not even consider it a "femanine" side; its normal emotions that everyone has and everyone needs to show those emotions because thats who we are.
While I understand your point, I gotta note that I didn't invent the 'Feminine side' reference. Psychologists have long pointed out that the Right Hemisphere of the brain controls the more feminine attributes- while the Left is supposedly the repository of the more masculine ones.

This is lifted from a quick google I made;

The right brain represents the feminine attributes of the mind - creativity, imagination, and intuition...

OK, now as I saw in numerous articles, nobody resides purely on one side or the other. We use both sides. The question is how much.. and how we weight the contributions both sides make, to our overall assessment of situations when they arise.

Oh, and I'm glad you liked the Medal... you earned it.
Unread 08-04-2009, 03:39 AM
Royal Clan
Knight At Arms

Points: 8,052, Level: 62 Points: 8,052, Level: 62 Points: 8,052, Level: 62
Ash: the Angel of Battle Has shown honour and chivalryAsh: the Angel of Battle Has shown honour and chivalryAsh: the Angel of Battle Has shown honour and chivalry

It takes a true man, no... A true human being to understand and accept his emotions. Otherwise we might as well just be cold, lifeless shells. I suppose one could say my other side comes out when listening to beautiful music, like the song "Come" by Namie Amuro. Everytime I hear that song I'm moved and inspired to create something beautiful. It's all just a matter of what triggers it.

To do these things completely is to attain the ultimate...

Tags
feminine, imagination, men