Go Back   Anime Forum > ANIME FORUM: Information Centre. Welcome to our kingdom > Site News and Staffing > Suggestions

Suggestions Make your Suggestions here

Unread 09-11-2018, 04:11 PM
Super donator
Fighter
Citizen Representative

Points: 26,768, Level: 100 Points: 26,768, Level: 100 Points: 26,768, Level: 100
Activity: 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
NightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalry
Default Is Anime Forum realy secure?

URGENT!!!!

I love this forum, and after a long absence I was delighted to return, but it troubles me that in the URL bar the site is listed as NOT secure!

Also, as I am running Avast Internet security it constantly reminds by pop up window that when I make a new post I should run a smart scan for viruses. Including the following message:

Quote:
Threat Secured

We've safely aborted connection on JS:CryptoNightMiner-A[Trg] because it was infected with 200.68.17.196.

More threats may be lurking

And, when I click on the link to make a donation, it doesn't load. There goes your financial support!

Should we be concerned? Yes I think so!

I'm fortunate enough to have a great internet security program, but what about other members who are innocently not so protected?

I think we really need to plug up some rotten holes guys, otherwise I'm out of here, seriously!

I'm running Goggle Chrome and have never encountered this problem before, I suspect your security measures are somewhat loopy!

I suggest you you get your IT consultant to fix the issues, or get another one who can!

If I may remind you, this issue extends over a year ago when Firefox refused to load our pages, due to those being unsafe, this was never fully resolved.

The incompetence is unbelievable, surely it can't be so difficult to deliver a safe haven for anime lovers, WTF is going on?

Last edited by NightAl AmV; 09-11-2018 at 06:31 PM.
Unread 09-11-2018, 06:57 PM
(maternity leave) Super Moderator /Senior Moderator Experience
Sir Vegeta1: The Warrior
Blogger
Community Mod
OC Guild
RPG'er
Knight At Arms

Points: 93,514, Level: 100 Points: 93,514, Level: 100 Points: 93,514, Level: 100
Activity: 76%
Activity: 76% Activity: 76% Activity: 76%
Vegeta has a spectacular aura about themVegeta has a spectacular aura about themVegeta has a spectacular aura about themVegeta has a spectacular aura about themVegeta has a spectacular aura about them
Default Re: Is Anime Forum realy secure?

What browser are you on? Cause I am not getting any of that at all and the donation button works just fine on mine so it may be your browser

my characters from ecaz list of my ocs general amvs members own amvs dragonball z/gt AF anime and manga
Unread 09-12-2018, 05:33 PM
Super donator
Fighter
Citizen Representative

Points: 26,768, Level: 100 Points: 26,768, Level: 100 Points: 26,768, Level: 100
NightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
What browser are you on? Cause I am not getting any of that at all and the donation button works just fine on mine so it may be your browser

As I mentioned in my post I'm using Chrome...

... however, I suspect that some tweaks have been made as I can now access the donation link but I'm still getting the Avast pop up window warnings.

The URL bar for the site is still listed as Not secure. We seem to be making progress on the donation ink, but this Not Secure aspect bothers me.

Maybe it's because I'm using a very aggressive Internet Security feature, that I'm getting these warnings, but I'm not prepared to turn it off. I do feel protected, but only because I'm using Avast, which covers my back.

I don't think it comes down to any browser, a site is safe or it's not, Avast is well respected and if it tells me a site is Not Secure, then I trust that.

I feel strongly that admin need to look more deeply into this issue, I do love Anime Forum, but if it wasn't for Avast protecting me, I would think twice about posting here anymore. And I am really hesitant to offer my credit card details to make further donations.

In my opinion, as a citizen representative, I need to advise, we still have a leaky boat. I will, however remain patient and will trust admin to sort it out.

Last edited by NightAl AmV; 09-12-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Unread 09-14-2018, 11:55 PM

swordswoman
Blogger
Super donator
OC Guild 4
RPG'er
KING

Points: 221,917, Level: 100 Points: 221,917, Level: 100 Points: 221,917, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Saber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Saber

Ascended Vegeta has sorted last years problem out and the site is secure now. I too have used the donate button and had no problems.
I have asked Cadian to get in touch to check things out again though.

Last edited by Saber; 09-14-2018 at 11:57 PM.
Unread 09-15-2018, 03:28 AM
Blogger
Community Mod
OC Guild
RPG'er
Knight At Arms

Points: 93,514, Level: 100 Points: 93,514, Level: 100 Points: 93,514, Level: 100
Vegeta has a spectacular aura about themVegeta has a spectacular aura about themVegeta has a spectacular aura about themVegeta has a spectacular aura about themVegeta has a spectacular aura about them

the donation button works just fine for me and chrome just doesn't get along with the site I use internet explorer I missed that the original post said chrome so try internet explorer and see if it works fine there and then you would know its just chrome possibly

my characters from ecaz list of my ocs general amvs members own amvs dragonball z/gt AF anime and manga
Unread 09-15-2018, 06:46 PM
Super donator
Fighter
Citizen Representative

The donate link is not an issue, it is resolved. We need to look at the bigger picture.

To put it simply ... explain, why do I get this every time I open a new window in AF?

https://imgur.com/a/vMvWXjA

I'm not trying to scare you guys, I just need to know why this happens?

And please ... don't tell me that Internet Explorer is better than Chrome or Firefox. Internet Explorer is outdated, insecure and famously recognized as the most vulnerable browser on the planet, even Microsoft don't use it anymore!

Again I stress, it's not about browsers, there is something weird about the AF site. It's a simple question, with a likely simple solution and I need a simple straight answer, why is Avast, one of the most highly respected Internet Security services, sending me these messages?

There is a hole guys, just plug the damn thing ... and stop making excuses for goodness sake!!!

Last edited by NightAl AmV; 09-15-2018 at 07:50 PM.
Unread 09-15-2018, 09:06 PM
Site Creator

Points: 386,545, Level: 100 Points: 386,545, Level: 100 Points: 386,545, Level: 100
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%
Ascended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud of

Nice to see you back.

Sorry for the late response I have been abroad. Canary islands. It was a nice holiday.

The site is secure as always. even if it wasn't (which is not the case) you have no critical information held here like bank account details or names and addresses and so on, so don't worry.
We don't even use our real names here.
If you donate we have no information about that other than it has occurred. The only third party that has access to any information and specifically those details and your finances is paypal and only if you donate and I have no concerns about their security.

Everything is ok. My control panel for the server just needs an update which I am working on.
Some firewalls are simply picking that required update up and being over protective.
Other firewalls are more intelligent or up to date and so for most members there are no warnings needed or given.
My own firewall has already calmed down with the little work I have done to AF already.

Post and have fun. talk anime or whatever, Just don't put your bank account details or any other critical information in a post. Why would any one anyway, this is an anime site.

Please see here for more details about the European union general data protection act compliance this site has click this link Privacy Policy

Please hit my Youtube FSN video link -> Link

RPG charater links - Dark Elf Lord - Fairy Lord

Talking /Thinking

Unread 09-16-2018, 02:03 AM
Blogger
Community Mod
OC Guild
RPG'er
Knight At Arms

I wasn't making excuses just saying on my end af doesn't work at all on chrome so im not saying one browsers better then the other I use chrome 99% of the time just internet explorer for this site and for one im just trying to help I myself cant fix it sorry for trying to help

Unread 09-16-2018, 03:56 PM
Super donator
Fighter
Citizen Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
im just trying to help I myself cant fix it sorry for trying to help
I really appreciate your efforts Vegeta, please don't misunderstand me, I think it's wonderful that you are trying to help, you are a wonderful person and one of the backbones of AF. I love you and cherish your friendship and support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended Vegeta View Post
Nice to see you back.

Sorry for the late response I have been abroad. Canary islands. It was a nice holiday.

The site is secure as always. even if it wasn't (which is not the case) you have no critical information held here like bank account details or names and addresses and so on, so don't worry.
Thank you for the warm welcome back Ascended Vegeta, I'm also happy to welcome you back from the Canary Islands.

While I do agree with you that the site is maybe safe, it just worries me that Avast keeps throwing up these warnings, and seems to be protecting me from something, God knows what!, I don't know.

Maybe it's not a security problem, but a glitch that needs to be fixed. Meantime I will continue to post, but I'm just wanting to know why Avast keeps telling me that it blocks JS:CryptoNightMiner-A[Trg] because it is infected with 200.68.17.196.

What is JS:CryptoNightMiner-A[Trg] and why is Avast internet security telling me that 200.68.17.196 infected? Perhaps this link will assist: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=211215.0

Please believe me, I'm not trying to be negative, I trust you, but this is like an itch I can't scratch and it frustrates me!

I will be running deep boot scan overnight to see if JS:CryptoNightMiner-A[Trg] has infected my PC, this takes many hours, but I suspect that, as Avast is protecting me, it will yield no infections. I suggest all members do the same with your chosen anti-virus software, as JS:CryptoNightMiner-A[Trg] is a recognized Trojan, I will report back the results tomorrow.

Again, it's great to be back, I love AF!

Last edited by NightAl AmV; 09-16-2018 at 05:25 PM.
Unread 09-17-2018, 03:31 PM
Site Creator

Points: 386,545, Level: 100 Points: 386,545, Level: 100 Points: 386,545, Level: 100
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%
Ascended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud of

I have completed the cPanel Update for our server , it should be Ok now. My messages have stopped.

Please hit my Youtube FSN video link -> Link

RPG charater links - Dark Elf Lord - Fairy Lord

Talking /Thinking