Go Back   Anime Forum > General Anime/Manga & Cosplay > Specific Anime Discussions > Anime Reviews

Anime Reviews Read and post in our Anime Reviews

Unread 05-02-2010, 03:52 AM
Citizen

Points: 18,038, Level: 92 Points: 18,038, Level: 92 Points: 18,038, Level: 92
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Overlord-G has shown loyalty and contrubutedOverlord-G has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via MSN to Overlord-G Send a message via Yahoo to Overlord-G
Default 6th G-View: Best Student Council

Alternative title:
Gokujou Seitokai (Japanese)
Genres: action, comedy, slice of life
Number of episodes: 26
G-Rating: 8.5/10

From beginning to end this is a fluffy, funny ride with some enjoyable characters, nothing more nothing less.

The setup is that Jinguuji Kanade, daughter of a rich, powerful and secretive family, has built an all-girl school wherein the Student Council are the maximum authority holders, with more administrative power than the teachers. She's the serene, motherly Student Council President, and her two Vice Presidents head up the two branches of the council, Assault and Covert, along with other administrative personnel.

The show begins when a new student, Randou Rino comes to the school along with Puuchan, a smart-mouthed talking puppet that everybody takes pretty much for granted.

Assault is led by the hot-tempered Nanaho, who even though is a tough girl....as you'll eventually discover, is still a girl at heart, and the members are Rein, who always reiterates everything by phrasing it 3 different ways, Sayuri, who becomes utterly helpless if her glasses fall off, and Izumi, a frustrated girl who's infatuated with the President.

Covert is led by Kuon, a slightly upper-class girl who's always in a friendly rivalry with Nanaho, and the eternally cheery Seina, who will remind anyone greatly of Shizuru from Mai-Hime/Otome. "Araa~", and such. There are two other Covert members but their identities are Top Secret, and are only revealed later in the show.

Finally, there's Mayura, the accountant who is always in a tizzy because the Council always runs over it's monthly budget, vehicle expert Cindy, the deadpan gaijin who only speaks in one or two word English phrases, most notably "Nooo" and "Me too". Basically an American raised in Japan, and Rino, who despite having no talents whatsoever is immediately taken in by President Kanade and made a "secretary". Puuchan, who is far more mentally capable than her, helps.

That's the setup in a nutshell. The Council is humorously like a government agency, conducting missions and recon on various matters. In one episode, the council suspects Mayura is being taken in by a smoothtalking guy, and investigate him. In another, the council (with the "help" of Seina's bratty little sister) put on a sci-fi play to mitigate the budget overruns. And so on. It's very episodic and very, very light fare, but to be fair there's also a lot of great character interaction. Despite the large cast, the council is filled with fun characters, and you grow to like them. There are also moments of mystery and drama that all tie into the final few episodes. There's actually quite an interesting story going on here, which involves Kanade, Rino, and even Puuchan, but it's still lighthearted and uncomplicated.

Seriously, this show is that easy and fun to get into. It's not too slow, not too fast, not complicated, not evil, not sad, just plain fun. It's like Azumanga Daioh, but a lot easier to understand what's going through everyone's minds.

This show will please everyone who wants to take a break from bloodshed and gore. We all need a break once in a while and this show is exactly what we need. Highly recommended for everyone who wants to relax and have a good time.

Last edited by Overlord-G; 01-31-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Unread 05-28-2010, 12:05 AM
Royal Clan
Resting Supermod
Sir. Tupac - the Valiant
Knight At Arms

Points: 74,211, Level: 100 Points: 74,211, Level: 100 Points: 74,211, Level: 100
tupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 6th G-View: Best Student Council

The title is so familiar but i think i have not seen this one.Looks a bit like Special A from the review.Maybe i have a look at this one.

Thanks for the review Emperor.

Set by Shanks
죽음은 고통에서 내 릴리즈 될 것입니다

Unread 05-28-2010, 01:18 AM
Citizen

Overlord-G has shown loyalty and contrubutedOverlord-G has shown loyalty and contrubuted

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac115 View Post
The title is so familiar but i think i have not seen this one.Looks a bit like Special A from the review.Maybe i have a look at this one.

Thanks for the review Emperor.
Ah, interesting. I haven't seen Special A myself yet, but if you say that it sounds similar to this great show, then I'll definitely give that show a look once I find it.
Unread 05-30-2010, 03:54 AM
Royal Clan
Resting Supermod
Sir. Tupac - the Valiant
Knight At Arms

Points: 74,211, Level: 100 Points: 74,211, Level: 100 Points: 74,211, Level: 100
tupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of light

Special A has the whole student council feel to it and from your review i thought it was similair,only difference would be special A has romance in it.

Set by Shanks
죽음은 고통에서 내 릴리즈 될 것입니다

Unread 05-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Citizen

Okie dokie, then I'll give it a go.
Unread 06-04-2010, 04:46 AM
Veteran member

Points: 7,339, Level: 59 Points: 7,339, Level: 59 Points: 7,339, Level: 59
piathebully :3 is on a distinguished road

Yeah i think it's like Special A ^^ and i think its good
Unread 06-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Resting SupermodResting Senior mod Exp'
Flightleader Dragon

Points: 48,683, Level: 100 Points: 48,683, Level: 100 Points: 48,683, Level: 100
+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via MSN to +Masamune+ Send a message via Skype™ to +Masamune+

it looks like a pretty good anime. ill give it a watch when i got time good job on the review
@Tupac: i agree with you about it sounding familiar lol

"Tell me what you cherish the most, give me the pleasure of taking it away."
Unread 06-10-2010, 03:05 AM
Citizen

Darn it, now I really need to watch Special A if even Japhi Skellingroth says it's familiar.