Go Back   Anime Forum > General Discussion Forums > Easy Discussion

Easy Discussion Lighter genaral discussions.

Unread 09-07-2009, 10:38 PM

Points: 5,232, Level: 49 Points: 5,232, Level: 49 Points: 5,232, Level: 49
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
KingKongDeLong is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to KingKongDeLong Send a message via Yahoo to KingKongDeLong
Default Fishing Stories

I thought I'd make this page for all my fellow angler's out there.

Most of us have the stories but I hear more about "the one that got away" than anything.

So whats your fishing story?
Unread 10-01-2009, 10:42 AM

Points: 3,312, Level: 37 Points: 3,312, Level: 37 Points: 3,312, Level: 37
beta-2-agonist is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fishing Stories

The first time I goes fishing I'm 9, I got like very giant fish that time, but to my size right now that fish not a giant anymore.

Another one, 2 back years ago, me, my father, with some other friend goes for a fishing trip at a lake, we need to travel quite far in to jungle, it's a trip for 2 night but ended up we just can last for 1 night, because one of my friend get posses with demonic thing. That time I could say I'm not as brave as I thought, it's my father and his friend that handle him that time, I'm helping but not much. My friend, at first he said, he saw a girl at the lake surface, floating, that time almost dark, but that night he start acting weird and he get worse. Then my father take him for exorcism.
Unread 10-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Resting Mod
Warrior

Points: 9,970, Level: 69 Points: 9,970, Level: 69 Points: 9,970, Level: 69
DustPebbles has shown loyalty and contrubutedDustPebbles has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via MSN to DustPebbles Send a message via Yahoo to DustPebbles

I've never fished before. I use to watch my cousins, but one time, I fell on my bum and got soaked wet. D:
Unread 10-09-2009, 06:07 PM

Points: 3,878, Level: 41 Points: 3,878, Level: 41 Points: 3,878, Level: 41
Celestin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Celestin

I went fishing in Pembrokshire in a small cove once, I'd heared that bass where there but I'd never actually caught one. I bought a new set of lures and headed out before my grandfather (he was at the car sorting the dogs out) I cast my line near the cliff face where the rocks where, bass are notorius for hanging around rocky outcrops picking off fish or crustaceans.
As I began to reel my line in the line pulls taught....I think to myself "Great...I'm snagged" then suddenly my rod tip sprung to life and as I stood looking onwards a large sea bass leap from the surf with my lure in its mouth, since I'm still dumbstruck I didn't pull the line taught to keep the fish from getting away, so all I had left was a destroyed lure.
After this event my grandfather was walking down towards me and he asked "Any luck?" and I replied "You wouldn't believe me if I told you!"

Thats one of my precious memories hehe ^_^
Unread 10-10-2009, 09:52 PM

Send a message via MSN to KingKongDeLong Send a message via Yahoo to KingKongDeLong

Well one day me and my friend Mikey were fishing in one of our usual spots. It was at night and it was dark out. As we sat there getting skunked waiting for the fish to bite. We hear a HUMONGOUS splash. You may think I'm exagerating a but I promise it is the truth. This splash was so incredibly loud it literally sounded like a huhe bomb being exploded from unerwater like in the movies. We look to our right to see a splash of water going up 1/2 way the trees. My friend claims to have seen a humugous fish tail but I saw nothing but the huge splash. We sat there talking about what we had just witnessed. We are fishing at just a plain ole river in Iowa so nothing too big is really there to be caught. As me and my friend talked we see a bright orb come out from the trees on the horizon on the other side. We both stare in awe as it makes no noise and just floats there. it gts closer to the water and sets just on the other side of the water floating there. I look at my friend and say "uhhhh dude maybe we should go abduction is not on my list of life goals" My friend says "no way i wanna see what happens" Well Im not about to leave my friend alone in anything so I say nervous as hell. The orb starts to come over the river getting closer...and closer. Making no noise. It comes over us just abouve the tree line. We see the whole aircraft and its a helicopter. Still making absolutly no noise and very VERY little wind considering how close it is to the tree line. I have seen more than a few helicopters in my day but never have a I seen or heard of a helicopter that made absolulty no noise what so ever. What ever is going on here in IA I dont know but there doing somthing, but this memory and every little detail is forever burned into my head.
Unread 10-10-2009, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKongDeLong View Post
Well one day me and my friend Mikey were fishing in one of our usual spots. It was at night and it was dark out. As we sat there getting skunked waiting for the fish to bite. We hear a HUMONGOUS splash. You may think I'm exagerating a but I promise it is the truth. This splash was so incredibly loud it literally sounded like a huhe bomb being exploded from unerwater like in the movies. We look to our right to see a splash of water going up 1/2 way the trees. My friend claims to have seen a humugous fish tail but I saw nothing but the huge splash. We sat there talking about what we had just witnessed. We are fishing at just a plain ole river in Iowa so nothing too big is really there to be caught. As me and my friend talked we see a bright orb come out from the trees on the horizon on the other side. We both stare in awe as it makes no noise and just floats there. it gts closer to the water and sets just on the other side of the water floating there. I look at my friend and say "uhhhh dude maybe we should go abduction is not on my list of life goals" My friend says "no way i wanna see what happens" Well Im not about to leave my friend alone in anything so I say nervous as hell. The orb starts to come over the river getting closer...and closer. Making no noise. It comes over us just abouve the tree line. We see the whole aircraft and its a helicopter. Still making absolutly no noise and very VERY little wind considering how close it is to the tree line. I have seen more than a few helicopters in my day but never have a I seen or heard of a helicopter that made absolulty no noise what so ever. What ever is going on here in IA I dont know but there doing somthing, but this memory and every little detail is forever burned into my head.
Christ that be some spooky shizz you saw man O_o good story though!
Unread 10-10-2009, 10:49 PM
Banned

Omega Shenron is on a distinguished road

These fishing stories are long, what DO you guys do there?
Unread 10-11-2009, 06:45 AM
Blogger
Super donator
Guardian Dragon
ADMIN
Representatives Leader

Points: 128,409, Level: 100 Points: 128,409, Level: 100 Points: 128,409, Level: 100
Dragonlady is a splendid one to beholdDragonlady is a splendid one to beholdDragonlady is a splendid one to beholdDragonlady is a splendid one to beholdDragonlady is a splendid one to beholdDragonlady is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragonlady Send a message via MSN to Dragonlady Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonlady Send a message via Skype™ to Dragonlady

I've really never had "one that got away" story. I've lost a lot of hooks and sinkers in my lifetime. But I've caught even more fish. Here's a story on the ones that didn't get away.

My (now ex) husband, his daughter, my son and my parents went out past Rodman Dam to do a little fishing one afternoon. While mom, dad and the kids fished up at the clearing, my husband and I trekked off down the creek to find a good deep fishing hole. Boy did we find one. As soon as we got our bait into the water, we had a hit. Seems like the catfish were hungry. Good! Shortly after catching a few fish, it started to rain. It wasn't hard rain, so we kept right on fishing. But it seems like the harder the rain got, the more fish we were catching. It got to the point that it was all that my husband could do to keep the hooks baited and the fish off of the hooks. He hand me a freshly baited pole while I was waiting on him to take the one with the catfish on it. This went on until we had a whole five gallon bucket full of catfish. Seeing that we had no where else to put them, we gathered everything up and headed back to the car. It didn't matter to us that we were soaked to the skin and muddy. What mattered is that we had a blast.
Unread 10-11-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Shenron View Post
If you've ever been fishing then you wait for a catch, you don't catch fish immediately. Sometimes while fishing you have stories to go home with, it's a relaxing hobby and I love some of the things I see while I'm out either at sea or coarse fishing. If you've got a fishing story feel free to post it here, I'd look forward to reading it
Unread 10-12-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
I've really never had "one that got away" story. I've lost a lot of hooks and sinkers in my lifetime. But I've caught even more fish. Here's a story on the ones that didn't get away.

My (now ex) husband, his daughter, my son and my parents went out past Rodman Dam to do a little fishing one afternoon. While mom, dad and the kids fished up at the clearing, my husband and I trekked off down the creek to find a good deep fishing hole. Boy did we find one. As soon as we got our bait into the water, we had a hit. Seems like the catfish were hungry. Good! Shortly after catching a few fish, it started to rain. It wasn't hard rain, so we kept right on fishing. But it seems like the harder the rain got, the more fish we were catching. It got to the point that it was all that my husband could do to keep the hooks baited and the fish off of the hooks. He hand me a freshly baited pole while I was waiting on him to take the one with the catfish on it. This went on until we had a whole five gallon bucket full of catfish. Seeing that we had no where else to put them, we gathered everything up and headed back to the car. It didn't matter to us that we were soaked to the skin and muddy. What mattered is that we had a blast.

sounds like a pefect fishing day the rain on a nice day is perfect time for fishing especially catfishing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Shenron View Post
fishing is just about relaxing with your friends or loved ones kicking back with a berr/soda telling stories or just enjoying the sounds of nature in between the excitment of realing in a fish. Nothing more perfect in this world if you ask me I love to fish.