Go Back   Anime Forum > Extended Discussion > Extended Discussion and Debate forums > Extended Discussion Forum

Extended Discussion Forum Extended Discussion and debate

View Poll Results: Do you find the new use of the words rape and raped offensive?
I find it offensive 31 62.00%
I dont find it offensive 19 38.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 04-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Citizen: Magic Clan.
OC Guild
Expert Mage

Points: 14,793, Level: 83 Points: 14,793, Level: 83 Points: 14,793, Level: 83
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Symbiotic Zero will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Symbiotic Zero Send a message via Skype™ to Symbiotic Zero
Default Re: Rape, and butt raped !

Voting is hindered by those whom refuse to see certain points entirely, and choose to hide and avoid certain arguments. They're more often known to protest and rebel against such sayings.

It's a matter to handle a special way.

RPG Character Dark Torisuna
Unread 04-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Blogger
OC Guild
RPG'er
Warrior

Points: 48,977, Level: 100 Points: 48,977, Level: 100 Points: 48,977, Level: 100
Veku Has shown honour and chivalryVeku Has shown honour and chivalryVeku Has shown honour and chivalry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingan672 View Post
I know this is a bit off topic but I noticed in an earlier post by super vegeku that majority rules isn't the way to go, then materia user said minority rules isn't the way to go.... Shouldn't it then come down to it having to be a unanimous vote?, I believe that is how most court systems work anyway.
Exactly the point I was about to raise.

Is that the best you can do?
Unread 04-08-2011, 09:02 AM
Citizen

Points: 8,026, Level: 62 Points: 8,026, Level: 62 Points: 8,026, Level: 62
may--chan :3 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to may--chan :3 Send a message via Skype™ to may--chan :3

In my little area of Southend On Sea Essex, rape is like used for jump hugs, bundling and in certain contexts quite litterally a sexual harassment of rape :| but it depends.. i dont find it offensive at all, infact when someone says it to me i just go " Ohh Yeahhh, STICK IT IN MAHH ASS" but its an inside joke to me and my friends tbh. childs play in my eyes. And the word is increasing, cause like you'd be walking down school and see some year sevens going "RAPE!!" and they would hug an other, its really cute but a norm and seen as something pretty much normal. Nothing wrong to it.

Neko Sharaa And Eclipse ♥!- NOMNOMNOM ♥♥♥
Unread 04-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Banned

ShineCero has a little shamelful behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to ShineCero

Super Vekgu hit the nail with the Majority Rule.

Just because a Majority say this, doesn't make it right. Majority thought Segeration was right and constitiuional. Majority thought Gay Marriage was Wrong, Majority of New Yorks, those Darn Muslims building a Mosque in Teh Ground Z3ro (even though they have the absolute right and its actually a Community Center 5 blocks away from the site).

In America, The Constitution is deem to protect the rights of the Minority from the Majoirty.

Again, Lanuagage is a living thing. it continues to Evolve thru the change of time. Nearly all words have multiple meanings today compare to its meaning long ago. For example, "Fuck" actually means "to strike". Now? It means "sexual", "beating", "god your butt handed to him" "in trouble", etc. See? If people gets offensive by saying the word rape, which they "took it out of context", whom not the meaning they took it (giving more power to the word than it should), then what about the other words?

And Children will always find words that are "bad" (even though I believe bad words doesn't exist). I mean, will the techiology today, and all the games and such, T.Vs. They are bound to be more words that are "worster" than what is said here lmfao.
Unread 04-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Site Creator

Points: 385,895, Level: 100 Points: 385,895, Level: 100 Points: 385,895, Level: 100
Activity: 40%
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%
Ascended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud of

Its not relivant if its the majority or not who find it offensive.

It seems I made a mistake making this thread.
I thought people here would listen to, and care about other peoples feelings about how its upsetting for them to hear you using launguage like 'so and so was butt raped' and be sensitive to that. Maybe even have a discussion about that, this is a discussion forum after all as opposed to treating the subject like a battle Arena forum vs thread.

It seems I was wrong about alot of people who posted here, and im quite dissapointed at the lack of consideration for the feelings of other members of the community.

Due to this and the fact no one can stay on topic and that people are still complaining that posts in here are upsetting them, im closing this thread.
We have threads about freedom of speach, and democracy etc, so if you want to continue talking about that, you can use those threads or make your own.
Everyone has made their points, off or on topic and this thread will remain for people to read if they want to. You are all entitled to your oppinions, and have all had the oppertunity to, or posted your oppinions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As people seem to have misunderstood and also thought this thread was about whats alowed here, It wasnt. But I will clarify that pont with coolers post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler View Post

no u cant agree in dis tread dat words cant be baned

look pon dis u signed dis when you joined

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

it look like butt raped come under da red bit to me
If you want to talk in public forums in a way that is'' obscene, vulgar, and sexually-oriented'' do that in the private hell forums, or go do it on another site.

Please hit my Youtube FSN video link -> Link

RPG charater links - Dark Elf Lord - Fairy Lord

Talking /Thinking

Closed Thread

Tags
butt raped, rape, rape thread, raped