Go Back   Anime Forum > Extended Discussion > Extended Discussion and Debate forums > Extended Discussion Forum

Extended Discussion Forum Extended Discussion and debate

Unread 12-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Citizen: Magic Clan.
Resting Mod
Expert Mage

Points: 31,790, Level: 100 Points: 31,790, Level: 100 Points: 31,790, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
kibou Has shown honour and chivalrykibou Has shown honour and chivalrykibou Has shown honour and chivalry
Default Re: Men, imagination, and embracing your feminine side

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac115 View Post
Its not because of that Kibou.Different people have certain different sentimentality levels is all.Some people cried when watching Titanic,i seriously laughed.
Femininity means different things to different people.Some people cry while some people hold it inside.
that's reassuring i don't feel like an emotionless freak right now
haven't seen Titanic yet, so i'm not sure wither i'll laugh or not, but seeing how i am, i'm sure i'll laugh my eyes out

but back to the topic .. there are a lot of men who don't show their emotions (crying) to anyone not even to their family !!
like my brothers for instance for some reason they are not the type to show XD i don't think i've ever seen them cry !! ( at least not in front of everyone )
they say a man shouldn't show his sorrow to anyone and must keep it to himself ...

-Signature by Mobi-dono-
Unread 12-31-2009, 05:35 AM
Citizen
BloggerOC Guild 2
Resting Mod
Master Mage

Points: 23,319, Level: 100 Points: 23,319, Level: 100 Points: 23,319, Level: 100
KozaKuraHaiNe Has shown honour and chivalryKozaKuraHaiNe Has shown honour and chivalryKozaKuraHaiNe Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via MSN to KozaKuraHaiNe Send a message via Skype™ to KozaKuraHaiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibou View Post
that's reassuring i don't feel like an emotionless freak right now
haven't seen Titanic yet, so i'm not sure wither i'll laugh or not, but seeing how i am, i'm sure i'll laugh my eyes out

but back to the topic .. there are a lot of men who don't show their emotions (crying) to anyone not even to their family !!
like my brothers for instance for some reason they are not the type to show XD i don't think i've ever seen them cry !! ( at least not in front of everyone )
they say a man shouldn't show his sorrow to anyone and must keep it to himself ...
Never heard of men like that at all. During a relative's funeral, almost everyone there were guys and most of them cried. I was one of the only one that didn't, and I'm not a guy! D:
Unread 01-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Citizen: Dragon Clan.
Wyrm Dragon

Points: 9,868, Level: 68 Points: 9,868, Level: 68 Points: 9,868, Level: 68
PrinceVegeta is on a distinguished road

I find no shame in guys relating to or having feminine qualitys and I admire a guy who does. I myself relate to more males then I do females does it make me less of a women...heck no!....go on with your awsome selves..infact I wish more guys could get in touch with thier feminine side..the over macho males get on my nerves...and I wanna punch them..lol

for more gags, funniness, and fun read the Search For The Sendel Serifs RPG!
Unread 04-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Royal Clan
Resting Supermod
Sir. Tupac - the Valiant
Knight At Arms

Points: 76,954, Level: 100 Points: 76,954, Level: 100 Points: 76,954, Level: 100
tupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaceira View Post
You've watched One Piece right? How could you not cry with the funeral of Merry ;__;
Everyone I know who watched One Piece, male and female, cried during that scene. It was so sad. ;-;
Another Great example.
I almost cried there and also in Chopper flashback as well.

For certain things in anime or even Television in general,the situation in it are easy to relate to or are similiar to what you yourself have experienced before.In this situation you feel for that character because you know how it feels.

I heard this line in a movie once but i forgot the title.The main character in the movie was a Motorbike gangster but he said this to his girlfriend.-"My body might be made out of stone but in my heart there is a garden"

Set by Shanks
죽음은 고통에서 내 릴리즈 될 것입니다

Unread 05-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Citizen

Points: 20,760, Level: 99 Points: 20,760, Level: 99 Points: 20,760, Level: 99
Overlord-G has shown loyalty and contrubutedOverlord-G has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via MSN to Overlord-G Send a message via Yahoo to Overlord-G

This is too easy. I like cute things. I like plush toys, chibis, baby animals watch cutesy wootsy shows. I've cried a few times after watching really sad moments.

I've watched Kannazuki no Miko and the scene where Chikane and Himeko confess their love for each other one last time remains the most beatiful and romantic scene in my anime career and I'm not afraid to admit that I cried during the middle of it when it became deeper.

I watched A Snow Fairy Sugar and cried near the end of the show.

I even cried when I was 10 during Ash's petrification scene when I saw Pokemon the 1st movie for the 1st time. It's still my biggest confusion since I loathe Ash Ketchum.

However, just because I do cry SOMETIMES and I go squee over cute things, doesn't mean that I wear make up or color my face, hands, feet and wear jewelry on my face or penis.

I am The OG-Man and to quote the great Linkara: "I AM A MAN!!!"

The ladies know that I have a big heart and if they don't like it, then they can just s''' it.

I can still crush your body, bend your knees and break your manhood, but that doesn't mean I don't have feelings.

Men shouldn't be afraid to admit they have what I have, just don't become TOO effeminate. We are still Randy Savages and we are the glorious masculine species who will someday live to serve our queens, princes and or princesses. Oh, and we must also learn to endure our in laws.
Unread 02-09-2011, 08:27 AM
Royal Clan
Resting Supermod
Sir. Tupac - the Valiant
Knight At Arms

Points: 76,954, Level: 100 Points: 76,954, Level: 100 Points: 76,954, Level: 100
tupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of light

Being a bit effeminate is not too bad.Girls like sensitive guys.

Of course,like with everything in life,moderation is the key.People tend to place negative vibes around guys who are too feminine.

However there is nothing wrong with being a bit feminine.

Set by Shanks
죽음은 고통에서 내 릴리즈 될 것입니다

Unread 02-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Deleted

animegirl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to animegirl Send a message via Yahoo to animegirl

Im female but Im not sentimental and I only cry for myself. If something makes me cry then its only because it reminds me of myself. It looks like most of the men here are girlier than I am *lol*. And I dont think theres anything wrong with that as long as people remember theres a time and a place for everything and show some self control, and girls should do as well but its especially true for boys. I wouldnt mind it if a boy cried because of what I mean to him though because it would prove hes devoted to me
Unread 02-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Magic Clan
BloggerOC Guild 2
RPG'er
Master Mage

Points: 33,150, Level: 100 Points: 33,150, Level: 100 Points: 33,150, Level: 100
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%
gokugirl2006 Has shown honour and chivalrygokugirl2006 Has shown honour and chivalrygokugirl2006 Has shown honour and chivalrygokugirl2006 Has shown honour and chivalry

Theres nothing wrong with guys showing a little emotion every now and then. Men try to show their *toughness* a lot. Women on the other hand are easily emotional than males. Some women show their emotions at the drop of a hat. For example, I'am a woman myself and occasionally show emotion especially if theres something seriously wrong with a family member(my niece) and my brother is taking it pretty hard since that is his daughter. So theres no problem if guys show emotion. It could help them cope with certain situations.

Sometimes being good can bring out the evil within us!! Rad'sha
Unread 02-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
OC Guild
Fighter

Points: 17,401, Level: 91 Points: 17,401, Level: 91 Points: 17,401, Level: 91
Materia User has shown loyalty and contrubutedMateria User has shown loyalty and contrubuted

I listen to pop music like Jewel. I like girls. Some animes make me cry.
Unread 02-10-2011, 07:12 AM
Citizen

Points: 5,496, Level: 50 Points: 5,496, Level: 50 Points: 5,496, Level: 50
SaiyanArmy will become famous soon enough

Did an Anime ever make you cry?
The last three times I cried were caused by the deaths of family members this past year. I cried at my Aunt's funeral, holding my Grandfather's hand as he died and at my Grandfather's funeral. No form of media be it anime, movie, song, etc. has made me cry in recent memory. I'm not a very sentimental person. Have I connected with an anime on an emotional level? Of course. Generally, the better the anime, the more I have connected with it.

Did you ever identify with a Female character?
I am sure that I have identified myself with every female character I have ever found interesting on at least some level. That emotional connection is typically what draws a character to be interesting.

Just a few random selections to demonstrate.

Casca, Berserk : Casca's determination, desire to prove herself, loyalty and attitude of superiority are all traits that cause me to identify with her character.
Tina Foster, Ai Yori Aoshi : Tina's position is very relatable. It is not difficult to imagine losing your love before they were ever yours.
Kaoru Tanamachi, Amagami SS : Kaoru struggles with the results of her parent's divorce, something I had to deal with myself. She seeks to pull her own weight and be useful to her parents.
Tatsuki Arisawa, BLEACH : Tatsuki is a hard worker who I can respect and she has an unrequited love story, which I think most people can identify with.
Claire, Claymore : Claire is an unemotional, logically minded character with a strong sense of duty.
Mamimi Samejima, FLCL : Mamimi may cut classes, but she is a very lonely character who feels unmotivated because she has been separated from everything she cares about.

Tags
feminine, imagination, men