Go Back   Anime Forum > General Anime/Manga & Cosplay > Specific Anime Discussions > When They Cry.

Unread 07-03-2011, 07:59 AM
Citizen

Points: 86,942, Level: 100 Points: 86,942, Level: 100 Points: 86,942, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
~Sukichu~ has a spectacular aura about them~Sukichu~ has a spectacular aura about them~Sukichu~ has a spectacular aura about them~Sukichu~ has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Sukichu~
Default Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Meakashi-hen (Eye Opening Chapter)

Actually, I kinda liked this episode. The fingernail ripping scene and Rika's self stabbing didn't get to me as much as it did the first time, but it still made me shudder a bit. >_<

That and I actually respect Shion a lot more. I love when she she goes all Psycho on everyone. It's just hilarious.
Unread 07-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Citizen

Points: 7,482, Level: 60 Points: 7,482, Level: 60 Points: 7,482, Level: 60
xXAsbelXx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to xXAsbelXx Send a message via Yahoo to xXAsbelXx Send a message via Skype™ to xXAsbelXx

I liked this chapter for a couple of reasons. 1). It really made you think of what happened to Satoshi. It made you wonder, "Did he get arrested, commit suicide, kidnapped?" Of course when it comes to season 2 you actually know that he's being held captive to keep him from killing himself and whatnot. 2). It explained a lot about the Sonozaki clan and what they'll do if you're a part of the family and what could happen if you "disrespect" them. 3). It showed off the darkermost part of her. You see her in the first two episodes, and it's like HOLY CRAP, MOE! But then as it progresses you begin to see that transformation of her. 4). I liked it because it also demenstrated a lot of people's moral values being tested. Shion's for example, such as why she had killed Satoko in the first place. She felt that it was her fault that Satoshi was under so much stress and depression. Ultimately, Satoshi was her big brother after all, and whenever she needed help, he helped her regardless if it was a stupid thing. It's a brotherly instinct. Of course at the end of the chapter Shion realized what she had done and what Satoshi had last told her on the phone. It was an awesome chapter. All the others were great as well. Higurashi has such a great story to it that people just can't seem to friggin watch it because it has there character that are so cute and cuddly then it goes to a very psychological and dark background, but the saying, "You can't judge a book by it's cover." came into play. I've said enough, all I can say is that Higurashi is undoubtedly the best series ever.
Unread 11-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Veteran member

Points: 74,826, Level: 100 Points: 74,826, Level: 100 Points: 74,826, Level: 100
Tadashi has a spectacular aura about themTadashi has a spectacular aura about themTadashi has a spectacular aura about themTadashi has a spectacular aura about them

What I most like about it is that shion turns out to be the evil one not Mion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houkou22 View Post
Click here to see full text

actually Shion attempted 2 kill Keiichi.......not sure wether Mion was actually killed in fall since this is the otherside of the story 2 the second arc from Shion's perspective, and rika killed herselfs be4 the drug kicked in so shion couldnt have any sick fun with her

Drug kicking in.......... I think she had the cure that temproarly spots the effects of the disease instead. There's no way for Rika to get the drug the yamiru(wrong spelling?) Had, and since satoko was using it herself Rika had access to it

Don't read unless u watched Kai
she might have wanted to change the outcome of this world by using it on shion

Hunter x Hunter

Last edited by Tadashi; 11-09-2013 at 12:10 AM.

Tags
anime, asamoya, higurashi, meakashi, when they cry