Go Back   Anime Forum > Art Centre: > Art, Literature, Fanfiction, Videos, AMV's & OC World > AMVs/Video, How to's and discussions

Unread 07-21-2016, 02:00 PM

Points: 903, Level: 17 Points: 903, Level: 17 Points: 903, Level: 17
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
kurokishi KN is on a distinguished road
Default How to avoid music copy right claim? HELP.

First of all i am just a beginner in making amvs. So, don't know much about copy right. but after a little effort i was able to avoid copy right on visual content but i just cant avoid the music copy right prob. I have wasted a lot of time but couldn't find any solution. I have tried shorten it, changing the pitch, apply the filter but one helped. BTW i use Sony Vegas.. So, guys please help. At least help me how to make the video viewing restriction none.

Also i am new here and its my first post. hope to get along with all.
Unread 07-21-2016, 02:14 PM

Points: 1,065, Level: 18 Points: 1,065, Level: 18 Points: 1,065, Level: 18
SB2003 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to SB2003
Default Re: How to avoid music copy right claim? HELP.

hello and welcome to AF kurokishi. hope you have fun here. now to answer your question. First of all copyright is something that not all songs have. https://www.youtube.com/music_policies this is a link to see and search songs and with that you can see the posibilities of copyright (IN YouTube Only). now i who am a video editor in youtube for almost 2 years i'll tell you that 1. there are 2 kinds of copyright. song copyright and video copyright. song copyright can be avoided by pitch the song or wright something like a desclaimer in the description of the vid or in the video:

DESCLAIMER:
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for fair use & for purposes: such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute That Might Otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational staff or use tips the balance in Behalf of fair use.
I do not own anything, I do not own the song or any of the clips used in the video

other problems are that some songs get copyright easily (example. a song from Within Temptation). now that's the end. i will advice you to use songs that you know other editors have used them for their video too. hope i helped a little. Have fun here and good luck with your videos!
Unread 07-21-2016, 02:25 PM

Points: 903, Level: 17 Points: 903, Level: 17 Points: 903, Level: 17
kurokishi KN is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB2003 View Post
hello and welcome to AF kurokishi. hope you have fun here. now to answer your question. First of all copyright is something that not all songs have. https://www.youtube.com/music_policies this is a link to see and search songs and with that you can see the posibilities of copyright (IN YouTube Only). now i who am a video editor in youtube for almost 2 years i'll tell you that 1. there are 2 kinds of copyright. song copyright and video copyright. song copyright can be avoided by pitch the song or wright something like a desclaimer in the description of the vid or in the video:

DESCLAIMER:
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for fair use & for purposes: such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute That Might Otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational staff or use tips the balance in Behalf of fair use.
I do not own anything, I do not own the song or any of the clips used in the video

other problems are that some songs get copyright easily (example. a song from Within Temptation). now that's the end. i will advice you to use songs that you know other editors have used them for their video too. hope i helped a little. Have fun here and good luck with your videos!
thanks. and i can avoid video copy right prob. and i have tried all those action to avoid music prob that you mentioned but it didnt work. thanks for the advice though
Unread 07-24-2016, 04:27 AM
(formerly Yuri K) Magic Clan Leader
Queen of Cosplay
Blogger
Lady Of The Lake

Points: 29,430, Level: 100 Points: 29,430, Level: 100 Points: 29,430, Level: 100
Activity: 76%
Activity: 76% Activity: 76% Activity: 76%
Pidge Has AscendedPidge Has AscendedPidge Has AscendedPidge Has AscendedPidge Has AscendedPidge Has Ascended

something that may help is if you go to the Creator Studio on youtube and on the left side look for the button that is create then you will click music policies you will then be able to type the song or artist and see what they will allow or not. i am not sure how to get no restriction but with anything put out by sony or universal usually carries the least amount of restrictions. hope this is helpful.
Unread 07-30-2016, 07:37 PM
Super donator
Fighter
Citizen Representative

Points: 26,768, Level: 100 Points: 26,768, Level: 100 Points: 26,768, Level: 100
Activity: 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
NightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalry

Unless you use totally original material, avoiding copyright is a game of chance. It's a total mystery as to why some material is allowed and why some is not, my guess is it comes down to some snot nosed nerd working for the likes of Disney or Sony Music who physically notices your video.

Using disclaimers such as "I don't own this video" or for '"educational purposes" will not help. Unless it's a BBC or public broadcaster documentary, and even then nothing is guaranteed.

It also does not matter how many views your video attracts, in the case of AMV's some get hundreds and thousands of views and remain, yet I recently had an AMV deleted and it only had 70 views, hardly a threat to any studio!!! Again, it comes down to the snot nosed wanker who notices your AMV and is looking for brownie points from the company they work for.

Avoid at all costs Disney, Sony Music, Victor Music and Studio Ghibli (which used to be cool to AMV makers, until Disney got there grubby hands on US distribution rights)

If your wanting to make and upload an AMV try and find some little known Japanese music (as long as it's not controlled by Sony Music, the last AMV I had deleted was a Japanese song and the complaint came from Sony)

My advice is take your chances, 9 out of 10 of your AMV's will automatically contain a notice of copyright, but the owner will allow it ... it's the snot nosed wanker who notices it that will bring you down.

Cheers

Last edited by NightAl AmV; 07-30-2016 at 07:52 PM.