Go Back   Anime Forum > Art Centre: > Art, Literature, Fanfiction, Videos, AMV's & OC World > AMVs/Video, How to's and discussions

Unread 08-04-2015, 10:56 PM

Points: 1,591, Level: 23 Points: 1,591, Level: 23 Points: 1,591, Level: 23
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Sasukecheeky is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: What makes a good amv?

I'd say, think of a genre or an emotion you want to put across whether is sad, upbeat, action pact, angry etc. then choosing the song is really important. The type of song should fit in with the emotion your putting across.
Then the clips you use should try and sync in with the melody of the song, this will make your video effective xD

Ofcourse, there is more to it but ill be hear all day explaining loool Them three steps are the basics for an effective video in my opinion Thats how i learnt and i was self tought
Unread 09-07-2015, 09:11 PM

Points: 1,269, Level: 20 Points: 1,269, Level: 20 Points: 1,269, Level: 20
Thatoneguy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What makes a good amv?

I would have to agree with Sauskecheeky, yet I would also say that the track needs to fit the meaning of the anime too. Thus, you gotta not only analyze the anime deeply, but also analyze music too.

For my Worldwide Choppers AMV, the track was pretty much a bunch of rappers battling each other trying to see who's the best, thus I did the same with anime (Which anime is the best out of the ones shown, etc).

A method that helps me a lot is listening to music and sometimes reading the lyrics. However, I would do the same for anime. I would analyze a show like a film, doesn't matter if there's filler or it doesn't relate to the manga, I will analyze it like a film, which helps a lot on AMV's and film theory.

That's what I think makes a great AMV, but also editing as well. I would always cringe whenever I seen an AMV that isn't sync with the music.
Unread 09-24-2015, 02:43 PM

Points: 1,247, Level: 20 Points: 1,247, Level: 20 Points: 1,247, Level: 20
cmd1095 is on a distinguished road

A lot of people have already said the matching the clips to the music and choosing clips to fit the theme of the music. So I won't go into those

One other thing that sets an AMV apart for me though is the song choice in relation to the anime itself. Choosing a song that captures some overarching emotion or theme or something from the source of the clips allows for a much more emotional experience with it.

An example of one of the greatest AMVs I've seen recently would be one of Final Fantasy 7 crisis core, with the song "Unknown Soldier" by breaking benjamin. The song choice was excellent to begin with, and then a well edited video with scenes matching the song followed.

You can match clips with any song choice, but I feel that the videos that are truly above and beyond the rest are the ones where the song choice itself is well done.
Unread 06-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Super donator
Fighter
Citizen Representative

Points: 26,768, Level: 100 Points: 26,768, Level: 100 Points: 26,768, Level: 100
Activity: 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
NightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalry

What makes a good AMV?

In one word ... creativity

Tags
advice, amv, how to, what to do