PDA

View Full Version : Death Note!

Idiotfox02
07-10-2009, 10:05 PM
It was gone! So.. It's back! xD

Okay...time for the general-stuff...

Light Yagami is an extremely intelligent young man who resents what appears to be a relentless increase of crime and corruption in the world around him. His life undergoes a drastic change when he discovers a mysterious notebook, known as the "Death Note," lying on the ground. The Death Note's instructions claim that if a human's name is written within it, that person shall die. Light is initially skeptical of the notebook's authenticity, but after experimenting with it, he realizes that the Death Note is real. After meeting with the previous owner of the Death Note, a shinigami named Ryuk, Light seeks to become "the God of the New World" by passing his keen judgment on those he deems to be evil or who get in his way.

Don't wanna spoil, xD

ummm...pic? :p
http://z.about.com/d/manga/1/0/8/6/-/-/DeathNote_Anime_Cast_500.jpg

Skye Heart
07-11-2009, 12:33 AM
L and Mello died I hated that so much Damn you to hell NEAR.........Srry

Idiotfox02
07-11-2009, 04:33 AM
No...we all understand, xD.

GohanMaster
07-11-2009, 04:45 AM
I love the death note magas! XD I own almost all of them lol
There soo good, a bit better then the anime in my opinion

Skye Heart
07-11-2009, 05:05 AM
....... all I do is watch srry

The Electron Zone
07-15-2009, 03:46 AM
Good Read. One of the best ones from Shonen.

Pink Bismuth
07-25-2009, 08:45 AM
To all those who may not have liked the ending here's an alternative fan fic ending, (though you've probably already seen this) Warning it's a rather large picture, or rather comic strip.
http://www.deathgod.org/downloads/dontdirectlinkthisdirectory/manga/dn_fake_ending.png

AngelicYuuki
07-29-2009, 02:30 PM
I love the manga series ^^ its totally cool >-< nyaa ~

Misaki
08-03-2009, 01:25 PM
this is such a brilliant series ! even my dad, who hates the anime and manga, watched the movie and liked it :D (it reminded him of the tv series Dexter ><)
i LOVE Near and L (:
i also like Matt.. even know he's barely in it i still have some attraction to him and find him too cool ! xD

Cho
08-10-2009, 02:20 PM
I agree with skye heart! I LOVE mello and matt! WAH!!!!!!!! But, all in all, it's an awesome series!!!!

kimmykins83
08-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Death Note is one of mine & my boyfriend's favourite manga series :)

He owns all 12 volumes of the manga & we've both read it through once so far...Total awesomeness :D

Raven
08-18-2009, 01:36 AM
Has anyone ever read the book? Of the BB Murder Cases with L?

DarkSide
08-18-2009, 10:09 AM
no not really but it sounds cool

kimmykins83
08-20-2009, 11:39 AM

My boyfriend also has that too, but hasn't gotten around to reading it yet :p

Raven
08-26-2009, 04:33 PM
My boyfriend also has that too, but hasn't gotten around to reading it yet :p

lol. Well, tell him to read it and to let you borrow it afterwards. :hehee:
Ah, L...haha.

darcydoodle
08-26-2009, 08:09 PM

Isn't that like the film L change the world
that has to be my all time favourite film :D
I LOVE L <3
HES SO COOL :D

but yer Death note is the best manga EVERRR (well rlly good at the very least you could say)

Saber
08-26-2009, 09:31 PM
I havent read it but I love anything to do with Death Note so I would love to read it. Can you give me anby more detail about it?

Raven
08-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Isn't that like the film L change the world
that has to be my all time favourite film :D
I LOVE L <3
HES SO COOL :D

but yer Death note is the best manga EVERRR (well rlly good at the very least you could say)
Well, I'm not sure. I haven't watched the movie, so I wouldn't know but I doubt it.

I havent read it but I love anything to do with Death Note so I would love to read it. Can you give me anby more detail about it?

Well, its basically a prequel to Death Note. It revolves around Naomi(remember her? Fiance of Raye Penbar) and she is trying to solve a case by working for L. It's also narrated by Mello. :thumbs:
Here's an actual review, well an excerpt from a review.
Naomi is as hardcore and no-nonsense as ever, and L's penchant for sweets and uncanny ability to think and re-think situations to the point of near exhaustion are well represented in this book. In fact, one of the things that helps unite this book into the manga are the periods when Naomi and L begin to dissect a murder site to try and figure out clues and motivations. It takes the reader back (forward?) to the times when Light and L were both going at it, trying to double- and triple-think each other. The interactions between Naomi and L provide some of the novel's most entertaining parts. As she comes face to face with the world's greatest detective, she begins to realize sometimes legends may be hard to live up to in reality.

Yumekui
09-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Thankyou for not spoiling *bow* I'm not done with the series

I love Death Note, it's just genius and I love the artwork too ^w^
For fav chars: Ryuzaki and Mello

barrelracer36
10-07-2009, 06:22 AM
Go L GO!!!! hahaha Hes my fav character from this show lol I'm even cosplaying him for halloween this year as well (((since i have no other place/time to cosplay him... sad i know...))) My friend might be Misa too lol

piathebully :3
10-07-2009, 10:06 AM
i love death note :D its one of my faves.. i like how the mangaka
thought of the plots.. its really cool.. mind vs. mind..

barrelracer36
10-07-2009, 07:19 PM
I would never be that smart to come up with a show like that hahaha throughout the whole anime, i was like "omg! thats so smart!" hahaha

niuuby
10-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Death Note is so awesome! *.* I started watching it (haven't seen all episodes yet) and now I wanna buy the Manga. I freakin want it! xD

I looked on amazon a short while ago... and I found a How to read book of DN. It is about all plotholes and secrets of the story. Has anybody read it yet? Is it good, should I buy it? xD

Pao-tan
10-13-2009, 12:21 AM
OMG! I love DN my favorite character is L, is so cute X3

niuuby
10-13-2009, 07:41 PM

aaah I know :o::p so adorable xD

barrelracer36
10-14-2009, 06:16 AM

I totally agree with you! :hehee: he ish cute ^.^
I cant wait for halloween this year! I get to be him for the day lolz. Each time i wear my white shirt that ill use for him, i always end up finding myself either sitting like him or whatever.....

my friend says i should do great at being him for halloween because i actually do like sitting the way he does half the time... and how he puts his thumb up to his lips... yea. ive always done that my whole life and dont even notice myself doing it hahaha so yea. i think i should do good ....maybe.. lol i may not be as smart as him tho!!! O.o!!! haha But i like eating the way he does! ((well... how he holds things anyways lol))

DCRexxe
11-08-2009, 01:38 AM
totally awesome really great

Vulcangohan
11-12-2009, 03:57 AM
I first got into Death Note when a friend suggested it to me while in a Borders a few years ago. I got as far as L's demise before I stopped reading, because I just couldn't see anyone replace him. Light also took a turn for the worse, as soon as the FBI agents were inserted. In my general opinion, the Death Note live action movies, while not telling as much story as the manga or anime, is a much better way to tell it, even with the change of what happens to L, and Light's demise

I've seen most of the anime, and I've watched the 2nd Re:Light animated "movie" that explains things after the first half of the story.

Only one I ever found myself rooting for was L, but Light was noble at first, had my side for a bit.

chiemi83
12-10-2009, 04:43 PM
OMG i love death note XD L and Light! XD
i love the live action mvie! L changes the world is soooo sad TT^TT

DarkSide
12-10-2009, 05:02 PM
OMG i love death note XD L and Light! XD
i love the live action mvie! L changes the world is soooo sad TT^TT
Death note is the first anime\manga I had finished It was kinda tragic at the end
I kinda felt sorry for light but the dude got nuts He freaked when he lost you need to learn how to lose with honor and not freak and yell and laugh O.o
Death note is kinda the basic for the world it self there is people that want to change the world and one's that fight against it ...

Aelit
12-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Ah! Death Note ROCKS! I love L[a bit too much...], and Misa's song[in the anime] is so sad! also, what happened with L actually made me cry...HE DROPPED THE SPOON! WAH!

The Ferryman
12-11-2009, 03:13 AM
OKAY, DUDE, THAT WAS TOTALLY MY JOKE
Just kidding.
Death Note, good times! When I was really into it, I liked L, but now I prefer Mello.
I always agreed more with Near than anybody else, but I just didn't like his character...

Aelit
12-12-2009, 01:18 AM
But nears finger puppets scare me...(you were right bout that part!)

AgainandAgain
12-12-2009, 01:20 AM
It's a good anime, but got kind of boring near the end

blood
02-11-2010, 07:22 PM
the manga should've ended when light won from L T_T

rnbwbrt4eva
02-19-2010, 09:59 PM
the manga should've ended when light won from L T_T

Totally. The second half/post L is just stupid. I'm of the mindset that L needs to win or Light. Since neither did I was not happy with the end. I don't like the whole 'mello and near are L 2.0!!!' and that means they are better. No one is better :(

I like the manga better than the anime, though. I don't know why, probably because I read the manga first. They did a really good job, no doubt about that, but for some reason it just doesn't seem as good to me.