PDA

View Full Version : (Death note) Would you accept the Shinigamis offer??

DarkSide
06-20-2009, 08:14 PM
IN Death note episode 3-4 Ryuk the Shinigami offering light a Trade his eyes to a half of lights lifespan
if you were Light would you accept the Shinigamis trade?
Little explanation about the Shinigamis eyes for people that got to episode 3-4:[SPOIL]Shinigamis eyes can see what is the Name of the person they looks and see how many days years months he has until he dies if Light can get this eyes then he can kill anybody he looks and thats important to eliminate L.[SPOIL]
post here your answer and explain why you think so

ionman2a
06-21-2009, 04:13 AM
Maybe it depends how long he lives. :D

Tuczniak
06-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Well i would try to became just ordinary person without any relation to the Death Note.

As Ryuuk said you won't go neither to heaven nor to hell. That means that there is a heaven. So i would choose a chance to get to the heaven instead to kill lot of people. That would be meaningless anyway.

golden darkness
06-21-2009, 07:10 PM
noooooooo no way

DarkSide
06-21-2009, 07:27 PM
can you please explain why?

golden darkness
06-21-2009, 07:30 PM
i sirusley dont no lol

SandGoddess
06-21-2009, 08:46 PM
well if i was Kira i would because it would've made things a whole lot easier, but i'm on L's side so... no

Idiotfox02
06-22-2009, 11:36 AM
If you're evil, truly evil, like light, you don't need to. With 2 other death note owners, just get their help...like light did, xD Light did a good job at what he did without em, so why waste half your like... unless your not smart like light... lol But, ya, its baka to make the deal... lol L 4 Life!!!!

layZ_0717
06-22-2009, 06:54 PM
sure why not? sounds like fun to have the whole friggen worlds destiny in ur hand

strawberry
06-22-2009, 07:09 PM
hell no i like my life so i aint trading it away

DarkSide
06-22-2009, 07:11 PM
hell no i like my life so i aint trading it away
and If you were Light?

strawberry
06-22-2009, 07:19 PM
have misa misa did like he did that was a smart idea

Raven
06-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Of course I wouldn't accept the offer. If I were Light that would be the last option if it even was an option. With what he wa doing cutting his life span in his half was a bad idea.

Idiotfox02
06-23-2009, 12:24 AM
This should be a rule in the death note:
Always have a misa to take the deal for you... xD

Asamoya
06-23-2009, 02:44 AM
have misa misa did like he did that was a smart idea
Agreed.

I probably wouldn't except it, just think about seeing all those numbers and names everywhere you look would give me a headache...

+Masamune+
06-23-2009, 05:42 AM
Nope! lifes too precious to waste and you need that time to do stuff using the power you currently have. get someone else to do it *hint hint*

Pink Bismuth
07-21-2009, 02:56 PM
No if I was Light I wouldn't do that because he was living a risky life at that time thus his life span could have been very short already, to risk dying sooner then he's suppose to would be to risk his mission. He was smart if he wasn't so impulsive he wouldn't have even had to kill L in the first place. If truly necessary he could have gone on the run but his pride stopped him. So no, no death god eyes for him nor I.

Asamoya
07-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Also if you use it you can't go to heaven or hell right? So why would you cut your lifespan in half just to get to that point faster? That would be one reason why I would accept it.

Silent Assassin.
07-22-2009, 09:06 PM
no reason being is coz i wnt be allowed to go to heaven(or hell)...

if them ruels didnt apply then hell yeh lol

Raven
07-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Also if you use it you can't go to heaven or hell right? So why would you cut your lifespan in half just to get to that point faster? That would be one reason why I would accept it.

Actually, in the book there was no heaven or hell at all. Didn't matter if you used the book or not.

Kumori
07-28-2009, 08:10 PM
i prefer to be the way i am...and i also like L so no....

Ash: the Angel of Battle
07-29-2009, 07:24 PM
Frankly, no. The death note is a curse unto itself. I don't need that type of hell in my life, not to mention the proposition that goes along with it.

Sleeping Darkness
08-28-2009, 03:54 AM
yeah totaly unless i go mad and suicide but heck yeah id like to kill pepole hehehehe it would be very good to see them die in 40 seconds like im in class im supposed to be writing than in a instant somehow the teacher dies and its totaly cool XD

xblue_skyx
09-27-2009, 03:15 PM
NO, its kinda a lame question... Why wont someone tell you there real names, if you ask them anyway?

The SKULL Candii
09-27-2009, 03:32 PM
nope. i won't trade my life. i'd rather die as a normal human that trade my soul to someone with intentions only of killing x.x

P.S.

i love L. <3

Wooter
09-27-2009, 03:35 PM
I'd only do it if I'd have no other choice, and I'd have to save the life of many people or someone close to me from a bad person / bad persons.
Imagine this though, if you have the shinigami's eyes you can see the news, see the terrorists and immediately execute them

arcticpoppy
10-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Nope I don't think I would bother :)

stahlie
10-02-2009, 04:00 AM
Let's see... a big, dumb Cop's mentality mixed with the power of a God. Boy, Howdy, would I be busy!

My personal Shinigami would walk his @$$ off going to Staples to get me more paper and pens.

And Geez, *I* would probably die of Writer's Cramp!

Asamoya
10-02-2009, 11:50 PM
That would be kinda of scary since no one else can see shinigami's! LOL
Floating papers and pens. :p

I wouldn't except that for anything! I would get a headache looking at all those names and numbers. Blah!

Chthulhu
10-06-2009, 02:05 AM
If I could go on living with just killing people, then I might consider the offer. Otherwise, I would just tell a shinigami "no thanks" and be on my way.

Resistance
10-06-2009, 07:20 AM
If i had the book and had used it. I'll definitely get the eyes.
I rather increase my chances of not getting caught by humans than waiting a longer time to go to emptyness.

+Masamune+
10-06-2009, 07:24 AM
i would not use the death note to begin with....too much of a hassle and im not the kind of person to take another persons life.

piathebully :3
10-06-2009, 07:59 AM
no T_______T my life is a lot more important..

dijiaoao
10-06-2009, 08:11 AM
nahhh...noo....i have a life...=3=

Resistance
10-06-2009, 08:24 AM
I would not use the death note too. I'm not that type of person. My way of life does not support it anyway.

SandGoddess
10-06-2009, 03:17 PM
i definitely would, with those eyes, it would've been a whole lot easier for light

Sleeping Darkness
10-06-2009, 03:47 PM
yep
it would make the series much more interesting unlike the part where he used mina(i think it was that girl's name)
i would rather see himself kill L and not some shinigami

niuuby
10-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Yeah I definitaly would accept Ryuk's offer :s I want Shinigami eyes and a Death Note! xD

Yeah I have a strong urge to kill people I don't like.....

Rosiel
10-17-2009, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't use the Death Note in the first place, so I definitely wouldn't take accept the eye deal...but assuming I'm Light, and I've already used the Death Note, it would have made his life a lot easier in killing L, lol. :)

Saber
10-18-2009, 02:47 AM
I dont know. If I was the sort of person to have a Death Note then I would probabluy be the sort of person to use it. Also its kinda surreal how the Death Note takes over and draws you into its evilness. Light seemed like a fairly normal guy before he had a Death Note and could have been a good law enforcer but the Death Note made him step over the line and then you cant go back.

wobbyx
10-19-2009, 10:19 PM
If i was light himself and with that type of incredible genius yes i would have. geez he coulda killed L like 10x faster and had a shot at near.

Saber
10-19-2009, 11:43 PM
If i was light himself and with that type of incredible genius yes i would have. geez he coulda killed L like 10x faster and had a shot at near.
Wow you must have the killer instinct.

I think it would be a good and a bad thing to have the Shinigamis eyes.I mean if you had very little of your life left to half it would be very bad.

tupac115
10-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Personally i wont,light made a good choice and his explaination for not accepting is similiar to mine.
Futhermore i think,that by accepting the offer,you would lose confidence in yourself when you start being complacent.when things get easier,you get more lax with your guard and thats when life starts biting you when you drop your guard.A perdon in light yagami position cannot afford to let his guard down that why he lost out.He dropped his guard and underestimated L proteges.

Red
10-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Light didn't need the shinigami eyes to kill L or anyone else. He
used Missa etc... instead. But had he accepted the offer, he might have lived longer
overall. If he killed L and the investigative team, possibly even Near. He could have
lived longer instead of being shot.

necropedal
12-04-2009, 02:17 PM
I believe, where I to have any affiliation with a device like the Death note and I were offered the deal, I would choose to take it, and, even though points have been raised about the inability to ascend to heaven or descend to the depths of hell.
Everyone seems to forget about the third option: Eternity in Limbo
Fact fo the matter is, if there is such a third division of spiritual eternity, then there will undoubtedly be spirits and wandering souls there, they require just as much guidance and just as much taking care of, as the souls which go either of the other two ways.

I am reminded of my favorite saying taken from John Milton's Paradise Lost

"The mind is its own place,
And in itself can make a heaven of hell and a hell of heaven.
Better to reign in hell, than serve in Heaven" - SATAN

Now given that a person who affiliates with the Death Note does neither, the best place to reign would be in the ethereal plane between the two extremes.

My only proviso going into the agreement would be, if possible, to know how much of my remaining life was left and come to a decision based on that information. Leaving very little up to guess work and chance.

Lightning
12-08-2009, 09:04 AM
I probably would, just kill them all! :3

+Masamune+
12-09-2009, 07:11 AM
i dont think i would take the offer unless i was gonna die if i didnt Xb

Asamoya
12-09-2009, 09:17 PM
I probably would, just kill them all! :3

Now that's just not nice! You can't kill Misa! :naughty:

KaibaXJou
05-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Nahh!! I'm not wasting half of my life for those eyes.

Asamoya
06-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Me too. :hehee:
I got too much to do.

+Masamune+
07-23-2010, 07:12 AM
its still a no for me thats half my life that i could be watching anime :lol:

Asamoya
07-25-2010, 10:32 PM
its still a no for me thats half my life that i could be watching anime :lol:

I never thought about that! :lol:

Then it's still a no for me. XD

~Sukichu~
07-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Hmmm, well just to make a difference, sure why not?
It just means that I'd be able to get life over with quicker :lol:

Plus, I could scare the crap out of people :plot:

Pinkeyy
07-25-2010, 10:37 PM
I say no... why on earth take the eyes if it's gonna shorten your lifespan -_-

Random88
07-25-2010, 10:38 PM
No. It's easy to find out who someone is these days without the use of shinigami eyes

Asamoya
07-26-2010, 12:26 AM
Very easy.... :plot:

Kariuchiha18
08-23-2010, 11:27 PM
no.since ryuuk dznt say how long the life span is, i wouldnt.wat is i have six months n im down 2 three?i think its a HUGE risk in making the trade.i wuld try 2 use it without it.

Rika Furude
09-27-2010, 06:31 PM
I would...if Light accepted the deal..he would have won everything from the get go.:p

Pink Bismuth
11-18-2010, 06:01 AM
I would...if Light accepted the deal..he would have won everything from the get go.:p

Actually I disagree with that, even with the shinigami eyes I think Light would have had trouble killing L. He'd have still had to have met L in person and than wait for the right moment to kill him. Even with L's name he couldn't have just killed him right after meeting him without eliciting suspicion as he was the one they were investigating. Originally Light died after 6 years of being Kira so if he were to get the eyes it would have cut that into 3 years which is not very long.

If Light had taken the eye deal he wouldn't have had to test the abilities of the death note by killing those prisoners and so would never have learned just how well he could control people's deaths before they died.

He wouldn't have done that whole bus jacking thing to get Ray Penbar's name, and would never have learned that Ray was FBI. It was because Ray told Light he was an FBI agent investigating in Japan that Light was able to set up that whole train incident. With only Ray's name he'd have had to try and figure out who he was on his own and may never have learned he was FBI to begin with.

Another fact to consider is that the only thing that stopped Light from killing Ray when he first got his name was that he had met Ray in person and didn't want anyone to get suspicious of him. Without that stopping him, Light would have just killed Ray with an accidental death without killing any of the other FBI agents not having known that the others were in Japan. As such he would have brought L's attention to himself and the fact that he could kill in ways other than heart attacks. The rest of the FBI wouldn't have pulled out of Japan and the police would not have found out that L had brought FBI into the case and thus L would not have felt forced to meet Light in person as soon as he did. Due to this it's difficult to say when or if ever Light would have met L in person. Light also wouldn't have been able to kill L right away after meeting him either. Thus there is a chance that Light's lifespan would have run out before he ever got the chance to meet L in person and get his name to kill him.

Another big factor is Misa.

Assume Light with the Shinigami eyes did in fact meet L the same as he did in the anime. He would not have been able to kill L after meeting him or else it would prove that he was Kira. Thus the time lines would be the same and Misa would show up as the second Kira. When Light first met Misa he was threatened by her and wanted to kill her. If he had had the eyes he would have killed Misa before hearing her out and thus Rem would have killed him and thus Light would be dead before ever killing L.

Now say you disagree and think Light could kill L sometime after meeting him without being caught. This would surly expand his lifespan right? I don't think so. If anything L's premature death would only speed up the process and make things even more difficult. This is because unlike in the anime Light would not know of L's sucessors and would not have been able to become L's replacement. Thus even if he were to kill L he stands a very good chance of being caught by Mello, Matt, and/or Near. and thus he might lose anyways.

Tadashi
11-20-2010, 08:19 PM
good point but in that case light would act in a diff way

Pink Bismuth
11-21-2010, 02:47 PM
good point but in that case light would act in a diff way

Act differently? Care to explain in more detail?

Tadashi
11-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Ryuk offered Light the eyes after the FBI agent was following him
he could have killed him by an accident if he acceoted the deal and L wouldnt suspect Light bcoz at that time he thought that Kira is only able to kill his victims with a heart attack
but that wouldnt make killing L easiyer

beside this thread says would YOU accept not would it be better if Light accepts the deal :hehee:

so lest get back to topic

i would accept the deal if i ws able to make a shinigamy die to protect me and i get his life span

Pink Bismuth
12-25-2010, 08:43 PM
beside this thread says would YOU accept not would it be better if Light accepts the deal :hehee:

so lest get back to topic

Point taken, though unless I'm very much mistaken this thread is about:

IN Death note episode 3-4 Ryuk the Shinigami offering light a Trade his eyes to a half of lights lifespan
if you were Light would you accept the Shinigamis trade?

So I don't think my post is particularly off topic as I was simply explaining why I wouldn't pick the eye deal if I were LIGHT. I wouldn't because as I already stated it would have done more harm than good.

darkestic_realms
12-25-2010, 08:46 PM
I would have to refuse I'll live longer to cause trouble. rofl

Aelit
03-12-2011, 09:09 PM
I probably wouldnt, because knowing when everyone's going to die would freak me out. i dont want to know when my friends and family will die! he seemed genually upset when his dad died, and seemed actually worried when his sister was kidnapped

Materia User
05-20-2011, 08:57 AM
I would, and I wouldn't even feel any different about it...

not like you know how long your going to live anyways - maybe you die tomorrow, in which case might as well!

Orchid164
07-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Nah, I wouldn't do the eye deal, I think it's less fun if it's made too easy and if Light had the eyes L would have died a lot earlier D: you'd also have less of a life time to enjoy using the death note! Well, I don't know if I actually would use it if I picked it up, I'd like to think I might try it just to see, but I'd probably end up freaking out and worrying so would get rid of it :( lol

lord-lucifer-kv
07-10-2011, 12:22 AM
hell yes i would.

blackalchemist14
09-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Ah, I think I would refuse the deal just as Light did. After all, he managed to get rid of L without the Shinigami Eyes. I am Team L/N/M/M, but Light /was/ a genius.

SPOILER ALERT!

Except that he kind of got caught, and went crazy, and died... Hm. You know, that would make a great crossover - Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0 and Death Note. (If you get that reference, cookies for you! ^^)

Merixcil
09-21-2011, 07:24 PM
tdepends how deep I was in by that point. If I was offered the eyes just after I got the Death Note, then no, but if I became a fanatic killer I would probably say yes

Kanoke
09-22-2011, 08:07 PM
Heck no, I don't wanna die sooner than I must.

Merixcil
09-22-2011, 08:54 PM
You say that now Kanoke, but you've been killing people with the death not solidly for two months now, and that cop keep following you, getting uncomfortably close, only the name they've given you doesn't seem to work when you write it down. Wouldn't it be so much better if they had an unfortunate accident?

Kanoke
09-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Is this thread about if I was in Kira's position? If so then it's a tough question. I thought this thread was if right now I would do it.

Merixcil
09-22-2011, 09:18 PM
I believe this thread is intended to be about what you would do as yourself. I wouldn't take the deal to begin with, but if I got in deep enough it would be almost essential

Kaibusu
09-22-2011, 10:09 PM
i wouldn't take the deal, i probably wouldn't care too much for the death note in the first place

Merixcil
09-24-2011, 07:04 AM
Meh, power corrupts, we've all got a little bit of psychopath in us, you never know how much of an interest you'd take till it was offered to you

Saber
11-09-2011, 12:26 AM
I myself would not want to accept the Shinigamis offer but if I had the same mentality and extremeness as Light I might. Youd have to be obsessed with the mission to do this and if not that maybe depressed about life!. I just could never see myself doing something like that. I want to live as long as I can.

Vegeta
11-09-2011, 03:13 AM
i might take the offer
but i would do it to do to rid the world of the crooked

haruhi-chan
11-17-2011, 01:21 PM
No way!!! Then i wouldnt be able to rule over the world for that long, id get Misa's help

Penny Lane
03-06-2012, 03:38 AM
I don't think so.

tommehh
03-07-2012, 02:52 PM
It would depend on your outlook on life really, some people who do not fully care for life would take the offer but more optimistic people would probably decline it, personally I would wait a while and see if I actually needed the eyes, if I did then yeah I'd definitely do it.

fullblue
04-15-2012, 09:32 PM
I won't take the offer. If I'm Light, I will only use the book sparingly to avoid suspicion.

LoopyPanda
04-16-2012, 12:15 AM
I personally wouldn't. It'd be overall freaky seeing when every single person I look at would die. The thought of seeing the death dates of random children playing hopscotch at the park is depressing.
In fact, I wouldn't use the book at all. It would tilt the world order completely out of balance, and nothing would be right.

dorkycats
04-16-2012, 02:31 AM
Nah, I wouldn't accept the offer.

Merixcil
10-09-2012, 09:55 PM
I won't take the offer. If I'm Light, I will only use the book sparingly to avoid suspicion.

Truer words were never spoken Blue, you are the Lightiest Light to ever Light.

Seems like most people wouldn't take the offer