Go Back   Anime Forum > General Anime/Manga & Cosplay > Specific Anime Discussions > Anime Reviews

Anime Reviews Read and post in our Anime Reviews

Unread 04-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Citizen

Points: 18,038, Level: 92 Points: 18,038, Level: 92 Points: 18,038, Level: 92
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Overlord-G has shown loyalty and contrubutedOverlord-G has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via MSN to Overlord-G Send a message via Yahoo to Overlord-G
Angry 5th G-View Controversial Edition: Dokuro-chan

Welcome one and all to the controversial episode of G-Views. For everyone who knows my catchphrase (Hello and welcome to G-Views, where SoL reigns supreme, moe is respected and Dokuro-chan sucks poopie.) THIS, is the review that explains EXACTLY how I feel about Dokuro-chan.

The following "review" contains very strong language and is not for the weak of heart. You have been warned.

WARNING!:
For everyone who is a fan of this show, it would be best to stay away from this review, because if you've seen my anime list, you can pretty much guess how I feel about this.....show.

For everyone else, this will be more of a negative rant than an actual review, but I'll do my best to sum up in short why I feel this way.

Since one of our beloved and respected mods of the Impact Kingdom, "MasamuneSephiroth", has already reviewed this show, I'll skip the basic information about the show and get to the review itself.

Let's begin with the story itself. Really, time traveling Angels who were sent from the future to stop a kid from growing up and creating a "Pedophile's World" from plaguing the Earth?
Some would say, oh this is anime, anything goes when it comes to plot. Yes, I do agree with that, but still, in my opinion, this is ridiculous even for anime standards.

Sakura......Sakura......what can I say about this dork? He's your cliche clumsy, gutless, tongue tied, hopeless and moronic male harem lead. Even though that's the classic formula for male harem leads, he still gets on my nerves. Even Tsukune from Rosario to Vampire is more respectable than Sakura and I hate that guy. CURSe YOU FOR STEALING KURUMU'S HEART FROM ME! SHE'S MINE YOU PRICK!

Also, uncontrollable diarrhea when an angel's halo is removed? I'm sorry, but is diarrhea supposed to be funny? I could have accepted that the angels would turn pale and make disturbing faces, but diarrhea? Look, a fart joke can be funny if used at the right moment, that's cool. But seriously, I fail to see the humor in a being's uncontrollable bladder or "hole". The same feeling goes towards vomiting.

The only character in the entire show that I felt the LEAST bit of admiration for, was Shizuki. Her sanity among the rest of the cast made her likable to me, however that didn't last long either.

I could go on, but I'll just wrap this up.

People of course liked this show and I respect that, no need to defy their likes and dislikes, however, for me, after seeing this show, It struck a nerve.
-It's bad enough that the story is incredibly ludicrous, even for anime standards.
-It's bad enough that the show contains slapstick comedy at its worst.
-It's bad enough that every single character is unlikable and the one character I had hopes for, also sucked in the end.
-It's bad enough that this show has the most boring NPCs I have ever seen, not even worth mentioning.
-It's bad enough that they rely solely on blood, gore and running gags to get people to laugh.
-It's bad enough that the non-slapstick comedic aspects of the show are lost rather quickly.
-It's bad enough that each episode was about 15 minutes or less.

No all those things are slightly tolerable, but the one person who made me hate this piece of garbage to no bounds is Dokuro-chan herself. She has got to be the most annoying, dimwitted, short tempered, retarded anime angel I've ever seen in my life. Her running gag.....OHHHHHHHHH......that STUPID GAG! That annoying club, that irritating resurrection spell!
I don't mind that they use it once or twice per episode, but sometimes they rely solely on that gag to get the laughs. In all honesty, it gets old quicker than my jokes, so old, that seeing it over and over and over and over and OVER AND OVER AND OOOOOVEEEEERRRRR AGAIN, DROVE ME INSANE!!!!!
It made me rip my hair out, ask my parents to measure my level of sanity, almost made me retire from blood and gore...thank goodness I survived.

In conclusion, this show receives the official G-saster rating of 4/10
Why not a 1? Because I can understand and respect that the writers wanted to come up with something different. Sadly, I consider their end product a total failure.

This is without a doubt, THE WORST ANIME I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!
I've seen some mediocre anime before, like Arcade Gamer Fubuki, Hanappe Bazooka, Puni Puni Poemy. They're not masterpieces by any means, but they're DEFINITELY more tolerable than this......this piece of cow dung.

I'll tell you this Dokuro-chan: If you did exist and I obtained the opportunity to remove that helo from your head, I'LL DESTROY YOU!!! I'LL SNAP YOUR LEGS, FEED YOUR DIARRHEA YOUR SAKURA FOR BREAKFAST, STOMP ON YOUR HEART AND SEND YOU TO THE DARKEST DEPTHS OF HADES!!!!
FUCK THIS SHOW, FUCK IT TO DAMNATION OF MANKIND.
This show made me question the very sanity of the human race.
This show gives me diarrhea every time I think about it.
This show made my ears burn from day 11.'
"The manga says its quite up there in quality, yet its genre is mature and echi so expect blood and pointless fanservice."
Fanservice? FANSERVICE? WHAT PRAY TELL WAS FANSERVICEY ABOUT IT?! DOKURO-CHAN HERSELF? I WOULDN'T BANG HER FOR ALL THE MONEY ON EARTH AND MARS COMBINED!
This show is so FUCKING destrucitizing, DAMN IT!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! "Head explodes"

Huff.....huff....huff......huff. I'm....the...O...G-man....and I....need.....water......until next time doods and peeps......"Falls asleep"

Last edited by Overlord-G; 01-31-2011 at 06:30 AM.
Unread 04-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Resting Supermod
OC Guild 1
Grandmaster Mage

Points: 76,627, Level: 100 Points: 76,627, Level: 100 Points: 76,627, Level: 100
GohanMaster has a spectacular aura about themGohanMaster has a spectacular aura about themGohanMaster has a spectacular aura about themGohanMaster has a spectacular aura about themGohanMaster has a spectacular aura about them
Default Re: 5th G-View Controversial Edition: Dokuro-chan

Wow, a 3 out of 10, dang. I agree, the plot does sound a little ridiculous from what I have read, but then again, it sounds kind of interesting. I just don't like the name Sakura so much, when I hear it, I picture the girl from Naruto, not a clumsy, gutless, tongue tied, hopeless guy, lol but that sounds kinda funny XD
I think your review/rant was well done, although, you could add a picture of what the anime looks like lol But very good, thanks for sharing
Unread 04-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Citizen

Overlord-G has shown loyalty and contrubutedOverlord-G has shown loyalty and contrubuted

Quote:
Originally Posted by GohanMaster View Post
Wow, a 3 out of 10, dang. I agree, the plot does sound a little ridiculous from what I have read, but then again, it sounds kind of interesting. I just don't like the name Sakura so much, when I hear it, I picture the girl from Naruto, not a clumsy, gutless, tongue tied, hopeless guy, lol but that sounds kinda funny XD
I think your review/rant was well done, although, you could add a picture of what the anime looks like lol But very good, thanks for sharing
You're right, I should post a pic, I'll do it now. The reason is that like I said, MasamuneSephiroth already reviewed the show, so I didn't add much of the intro, but I'll add the picture at least.
Unread 04-26-2010, 12:13 AM
(formerly Yuri K) Magic Clan Leader
Queen of Cosplay
Blogger
Lady Of The Lake

Points: 28,690, Level: 100 Points: 28,690, Level: 100 Points: 28,690, Level: 100
Activity: 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
Pidge Has AscendedPidge Has AscendedPidge Has AscendedPidge Has AscendedPidge Has AscendedPidge Has Ascended

yes good review but i agree with you the show doesn't sound good at all. and i also agree with gm sakura is a girls name and doesn't sound right for a boy.
Unread 04-26-2010, 12:51 AM
Resting SupermodResting Senior mod Exp'
Flightleader Dragon

Points: 48,683, Level: 100 Points: 48,683, Level: 100 Points: 48,683, Level: 100
+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via MSN to +Masamune+ Send a message via Skype™ to +Masamune+

the phrase i went by when i watched this anime was "Its so bad that its good" its an anime that is not to be taken seriously at all, which is why they made the episodes 15 mins. long and its mainly an anime the animators just wanted to mess around with. its kinda like what they did with "Excel Saga" and "Puni Puni Poemi" which was experimental anime. im a fan of gory anime and randomness and although the immature diarrhea joke and the constant magic song used with Excaliborg was not needed, i enjoyed watching it because of the crude humor and randomness. like the scene when they turned the students head into a monkey was hilarious to me xD. regardless of that, its not an anime for everyone and im more lenient on the ratings i give on my reviews. if you want a truly horrible anime to watch, i suggest you watch Space Thunder Kids and tell me which one you like more lol great job on the review

"Tell me what you cherish the most, give me the pleasure of taking it away."
Unread 04-26-2010, 01:34 AM
Citizen

You make a valid point Sephiroth, and for your words, I'll increase the rating to a 4/10, since I DO respect the writers' efforts to bring something new. However, my full explanation was sent to you via PM.
Unread 04-26-2010, 03:03 AM
Citizen

Points: 5,391, Level: 50 Points: 5,391, Level: 50 Points: 5,391, Level: 50
dxs925 is on a distinguished road

I freakin loved this one lol, just because the guy who made it, actually went through with it lol. That guys my hero!
Unread 05-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Royal Clan
Resting Supermod
Sir. Tupac - the Valiant
Knight At Arms

Points: 74,211, Level: 100 Points: 74,211, Level: 100 Points: 74,211, Level: 100
tupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of light

Hahahaha!A 4 rating Emperor?
I agree though that it has no real story plot or anything like that but i think we can stomach the fact that its a short anime.Watachable if you feel like something random and funny to take up 15-20 minutes of your time but if you want something with impact then look somewhere else.

Set by Shanks
죽음은 고통에서 내 릴리즈 될 것입니다

Unread 05-28-2010, 01:16 AM
Citizen

As I said, I applaud and support mindless comedy. The catch is......IT HAS TO BE FUNNY! Whcih this show is......for only 30 seconds in my eyes.
Unread 05-30-2010, 03:53 AM
Royal Clan
Resting Supermod
Sir. Tupac - the Valiant
Knight At Arms

Points: 74,211, Level: 100 Points: 74,211, Level: 100 Points: 74,211, Level: 100
tupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of light

Agreed,its more riduculous than funny at times. Some parts you really start to squirm a little.

Set by Shanks
죽음은 고통에서 내 릴리즈 될 것입니다