Go Back   Anime Forum > Naruto World > Naruto World > Naruto Manga

Unread 02-28-2015, 08:41 PM
Veteran member

Points: 74,826, Level: 100 Points: 74,826, Level: 100 Points: 74,826, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Tadashi has a spectacular aura about themTadashi has a spectacular aura about themTadashi has a spectacular aura about themTadashi has a spectacular aura about them
Default What went wrong with Sakura?

Most Naruto Fans don't like or even hate Sakura. And a lot of you also do. What do you think went wrong with her? And how could she have been possibly improved? What changes would you do for Sakura?

Hunter x Hunter
Unread 02-28-2015, 08:47 PM
Banned

ShineCero has a little shamelful behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to ShineCero
Default Re: What went wrong with Sakura?

Sakura has an unhealthy obsession with a person who never shown any interest to her until the end. She fell in love with him because he was a bad boy, that's it. Yet, Naruto on the other hand, busted his cans saving her from all trials, even risking his life. He took the burden of getting Sasuke back (which break down mentally because of it) and Sakura never did anything to own up to it. Other than few apologies here and there.

This is why fans hated Sakura. She never did anything redeeming, acted out of her own selfish desires and get other people, including those who never had anything in the first place to do things for her just so she can become happy.

===

If I were to make Sakura into a better person?
  • Getting rid of obsession with Sasuke
  • Actually bonded a sort of older sister personality
  • Getting rid of leaving the burdens onto something else
  • Make her useful in terms of battle combat

Last edited by ShineCero; 03-01-2015 at 12:52 AM.
Unread 02-28-2015, 11:12 PM
Veteran member

Points: 57,898, Level: 100 Points: 57,898, Level: 100 Points: 57,898, Level: 100
Jcoss Has shown honour and chivalryJcoss Has shown honour and chivalryJcoss Has shown honour and chivalryJcoss Has shown honour and chivalry

ShineCero hit all the points regarding Sakura that could improve her character and most of the points why people hated her.
Izuna(Renamon)/Tamamo(Vulpix), Vulpix(Tamomo), Nio/Flare/Aurora
Unread 03-01-2015, 05:03 AM
Citizen

Points: 2,332, Level: 31 Points: 2,332, Level: 31 Points: 2,332, Level: 31
Neoghoster Akira has shown loyalty and contrubutedNeoghoster Akira has shown loyalty and contrubuted

Spoilers below:

Well, one thing about her that I wish I understood was that episode when she looses her memory (Naruto Shippuden). At the end of the episode she suddenly glows and then fades (getting more and more transparent) and disappear leaving Ino totally surprised.

Besides that, concerning her relationship with the village, I used to like her until before the point when she decides to imprison Naruto with a promise that is more like a curse. After that I started to think that she was becoming psychologically unstable, wanting to "become like Sasuke" and stepping on her own identity.
Unread 03-01-2015, 11:58 PM
Veteran member

Points: 57,898, Level: 100 Points: 57,898, Level: 100 Points: 57,898, Level: 100
Jcoss Has shown honour and chivalryJcoss Has shown honour and chivalryJcoss Has shown honour and chivalryJcoss Has shown honour and chivalry

that was an episode? I thought it was a OVA clip that corresponded with the Movie Road to Ninja called Road to Sakura.
Izuna(Renamon)/Tamamo(Vulpix), Vulpix(Tamomo), Nio/Flare/Aurora
Unread 03-02-2015, 12:59 AM
Citizen

Points: 2,332, Level: 31 Points: 2,332, Level: 31 Points: 2,332, Level: 31
Neoghoster Akira has shown loyalty and contrubutedNeoghoster Akira has shown loyalty and contrubuted

Fear not my friend.

Probably it is because the fan who uploaded the video included both Shippunden and the specials under the same label calling it "episode". Although strange for wiki and youtube are not reliable sources and comit this sort of mistake all the time I hope the questions remain understandable since Ovas are episodes too.

In a nutshell, possibly a fan mistake.
Unread 03-02-2015, 11:07 PM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Blogger

Points: 3,006, Level: 35 Points: 3,006, Level: 35 Points: 3,006, Level: 35
ragna will become famous soon enough

HEY. actually look at this post. it was not made by me, but whenever someone brings up hating Sakura.
"I love Sakura. I wish Kishimoto treated her better. I wish her (and Kakashi) had a bigger role in Sasuke’s redemption. I wish she got her own arc outside Team 7. I wish Sasuke was redeemed 3 arcs ago so it wouldn’t look so rushed. I wish Kishimoto hadn’t wasted chapters and chapters on stuff that didn’t really mattered. I could go on for weeks.

But I also have to accept she’s his character, not mine.

In the world of Naruto, forgiveness is a weird thing, it does not work the same way it does in real life. Kishimoto seems to believe that the worst thing you can do is breaking or giving up on your bonds.

The fans, of course, don’t have to agree with this. A lot can be said about how good or bad his execution is. But I have noticed a lot of people are very selective when it comes to judging relationships in this manga.

Let’s make a short list of people that have done pretty f***ed up things and were forgiven by those they hurt:

- Neji: Physically and mentally beat Hinata. He almost killed her. He beat her up so bad her heart was still weak weeks after. I don’t remember if he ever apologized onscreen. She forgave him and they were cool with each other.

- Gaara: threatened his siblings to the point they were terrified of him. They forgave him. He destroyed Rock Lee’s leg and almost killed him in his sleep. Forgiven.

- Sasuke: Ran his arm through Naruto’s body. Threatened him plenty of times. The Sasuke situation put him under such emotional stress he hyperventilated and fainted when confronted with the possibility that he couldn’t be redeemed. Naruto lost his arm because of him. Forgiven.

- Itachi: Killed his whole family and then mentally tortured his brother, traumatizing him for life. Then he mentally tortures him again, years later, when Sasuke was starting to heal with the help of Team 7. Joined the Akatsuki, an organization responsible for killing a lot of people. Forgiven.

- Obito: Probably one of the worst contenders. Responsible for half the bad things in this manga. Strangled Konan. Is responsible for every death in the Kyuubi attack, including Naruto’s parents. Not only is he forgiven, he gets to meet his crush in the afterlife, who receives him with open arms.

So why is Sakura singled out? Why is her character thrown into a trashcan because she decides to forgive the person that hurt her? Is it because she’s a girl? Is it because she’s in love with the person she forgives? Is it a bit of both? If you can accept that all the people above were forgiven but you can’t accept Sakura forgiving Sasuke, ask yourself: why is that?"

TL;DR
before you get on sakura's case, make sure you take a good, long look at several other characters in Naruto. Didn't Kishimoto treat Sakura's character like garbage? my apologies if this isn't right.

OH AND

http://fyeahcontroversialcharacters....fending-sakura
Also, get on Naruto's case for forgiving and continuing to chase Sasuke. she doesn't get all the hate she deserves.

Last edited by Drago; 03-09-2015 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Cursing.
Unread 03-02-2015, 11:21 PM
Banned

LoopyPanda is infamous around these partsLoopyPanda is infamous around these parts

Some people I know don't hate Sakura solely over the fact that she kept chasing after Sasuke (because then again Naruto was just as persistent, so if that aspect has to be disliked, Naruto shouldn't be excluded from it lol)

I tended to like her (but there were plenty of times where I wish she didn't act so abrasive) because becoming Tsunade's pupil, there was this girl whose parents had no fancy bloodlikne or any crazy eye magic (). She was the oddball out because in cmparison to her squad mates, she was ultimately inferior to them but pushed herself to meet their levels.

Though I did not like how she didn't take that training with her as an occupation (then again, it is possibly ambiguous whether or not she is a full time parent. But I don't think Sasuke is very fit to be a full time parent). Some things only she could do, and I was a bit saddened she didn't have as good an end as her friends did (side note: dang those are some synchronized due dates for those kids lmao).

Some people perceived her to be rather annoying and senseless initially (and probably still annoying). Probably because she bore some resemblance to Beauty from Bobobo, who constantly got onto her team's lack of unity/fighting skills despite not really having any of her own.

I just felt rather pitied for her since she gets a lot of crap for having no special family technique of an sort that makes her unique. Though I enjoyed her role in the Chuunin Exam arc very much so. But then she went back to being a side character until she was taught under Tsunade. (Perhaps I feel more relatable to her because I want to be in the medical field too and I think that's hecka rad )

I have yet to hear people hate on her just cause she's a female though, considering Sasuke is more effectively hated than her. From what I see on the fanbase forums like it.

And she hasn't done anything really to hurt other people or kill them or anything so I'm not suyre why she has to be 'forgiven'.

Last edited by LoopyPanda; 03-02-2015 at 11:23 PM.
Unread 03-02-2015, 11:30 PM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Blogger

Points: 3,006, Level: 35 Points: 3,006, Level: 35 Points: 3,006, Level: 35
ragna will become famous soon enough

You don't see why she has to be forgiven because there's no real reason for her to be.

Is it her fault that she's a side character? No, Kishimoto treated her character like she was worthless, even at the last panel she appeared in. She could have appeared as so much more than a woman cleaning her house. Maybe as a nurse? Assisting Tsunade? Kishimoto could have done so much more with her...

But, at least she worked hard to get to her level. She wasn't gifted or apart of a special bloodline like Sasuke. She worked and trained to get where she is.

Really? i've seen so many people hate her because of her unreasonable crush on Sasuke? plenty of fangirls i've seen have ranted about it. I've been on FF.net, deviantart, quizilla when it was still around and big...

She is deeply flawed, still. but that's to be expected from a bunch of the other characters in Naruto.

Also, about fighting skills? Why are a character's fighting skills the only thing considered "valuable"? why not personality traits? why not virtues? it's a big issue in otome game fandoms, people hate on the heroines for being "useless" and unable to fight and match the fighting skills of those around them. it often doesn't occur to the haters that people can be a "strong" and "valuable" without needing to be a ninja or whatever. a bunch of female characters can be targeted due to this.

WHY CAN'T we cuss. LIKE STOP. WE'RE NOT ELEVEN. We're on the internet, we can curse.

Last edited by Drago; 03-09-2015 at 05:53 AM.
Unread 03-03-2015, 12:23 AM
Banned

ShineCero has a little shamelful behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to ShineCero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragna View Post
HEY. actually look at this post. it was not made by me, but whenever someone brings up hating Sakura.
"I love Sakura. I wish Kishimoto treated her better. I wish her (and Kakashi) had a bigger role in Sasuke’s redemption. I wish she got her own arc outside Team 7. I wish Sasuke was redeemed 3 arcs ago so it wouldn’t look so rushed. I wish Kishimoto hadn’t wasted chapters and chapters on stuff that didn’t really mattered. I could go on for weeks.

But I also have to accept she’s his character, not mine.

In the world of Naruto, forgiveness is a weird thing, it does not work the same way it does in real life. Kishimoto seems to believe that the worst thing you can do is breaking or giving up on your bonds.

The fans, of course, don’t have to agree with this. A lot can be said about how good or bad his execution is. But I have noticed a lot of people are very selective when it comes to judging relationships in this manga.

Let’s make a short list of people that have done pretty fucked up things and were forgiven by those they hurt:

- Neji: Physically and mentally beat Hinata. He almost killed her. He beat her up so bad her heart was still weak weeks after. I don’t remember if he ever apologized onscreen. She forgave him and they were cool with each other.

- Gaara: threatened his siblings to the point they were terrified of him. They forgave him. He destroyed Rock Lee’s leg and almost killed him in his sleep. Forgiven.

- Sasuke: Ran his arm through Naruto’s body. Threatened him plenty of times. The Sasuke situation put him under such emotional stress he hyperventilated and fainted when confronted with the possibility that he couldn’t be redeemed. Naruto lost his arm because of him. Forgiven.

- Itachi: Killed his whole family and then mentally tortured his brother, traumatizing him for life. Then he mentally tortures him again, years later, when Sasuke was starting to heal with the help of Team 7. Joined the Akatsuki, an organization responsible for killing a lot of people. Forgiven.

- Obito: Probably one of the worst contenders. Responsible for half the bad things in this manga. Strangled Konan. Is responsible for every death in the Kyuubi attack, including Naruto’s parents. Not only is he forgiven, he gets to meet his crush in the afterlife, who receives him with open arms.

So why is Sakura singled out? Why is her character thrown into a trashcan because she decides to forgive the person that hurt her? Is it because she’s a girl? Is it because she’s in love with the person she forgives? Is it a bit of both? If you can accept that all the people above were forgiven but you can’t accept Sakura forgiving Sasuke, ask yourself: why is that?"

TL;DR
before you get on sakura's case, make sure you take a good, long look at several other characters in Naruto. Didn't Kishimoto treat Sakura's character like garbage? my apologies if this isn't right.

OH AND

http://fyeahcontroversialcharacters....fending-sakura
Also, get on Naruto's case for forgiving and continuing to chase Sasuke. she doesn't get all the hate she deserves.
Gender really has nothing to do with this. People hate Sakura because she's a poorly developed, written character who has no redeeming qualities. If she does, it's quickly shafted to the side, because "I luv Sasuke" mentality. She forced Naruto into a promise that he should have never kept and was driven down, costing lots of tension between his own teammates because of it.

And funny enough, Sakura isn't even the most hated character in the series. That title belongs to Sasuke. Sakura is generally dislike, but compare to other characters, the hate gears more towards them.

Also, those points are rather flawed:

Sasuke, Obito and Itachi was never forgiven by anyone aside from one or two people. Obito was only forgiven by Kakashi and Naruto. Itachi was forgiven only by Sasuke. However, their actions, was never seem to be forgiven.

Sasuke was never forgiven; Kakashi flat out stated that if it wasn't for Naruto (and that's why Naruto gets hate because he's so persistent on getting Sasuke), he'd be behind bars and never see a shade of sunlight ever again. Sasuke is flat out hated by the majority of the people and wanted him, Obito and Madara to perished, heck even Naruto is getting the hate for this Sasuke business.

Unlike those characters who get hated on, Neji and Gaara on the other hand, actually did something redeeming and risk their lives for their village and the like. That's why they were forgiven because they owned up to their mistakes and fought for that forgiveness. All Sakura did was whine and complain.

Quote:
WHY CAN'T we cuss. LIKE STOP. WE'RE NOT ELEVEN. We're on the internet, we can curse.
Because it's against the rules of the site, once again.

Last edited by ShineCero; 03-03-2015 at 12:29 AM.

Tags
naruto, naruto manga, ninja, sakura, sasuke