Go Back   Anime Forum > Role Playing Games > Paragraph Roleplay:

Paragraph Roleplay: Paragraph post, Rules Based RPG.

Unread 12-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Citizen
Resting Mod
Youngling Dragon

Points: 5,573, Level: 51 Points: 5,573, Level: 51 Points: 5,573, Level: 51
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Leilah has shown loyalty and contrubutedLeilah has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Default Devlin & Keira (1x1 RP)

[[OOC: Okay, so an RPing buddy from waaaay back has joined AF and we wanted to do a story together as a 1x1, meaning just the two of us. I've done one of these before and it was approved, but I just wanted to throw it out there that if I start this and the mod would rather there not be a 1x1, I totally get it. Just let me know if it's a problem!]]

"Ah, here we are," Keira announced to no one in particular as she entered the gates of the village market. Beyond the stalls, off to the left, she saw small stone farmhouses and wooden cottages in the near distance. They were far less prosperous than those of her wild homeland, though she noted with surprise that their dwellings seemed neat and well kept, at odds with the impression of poverty.

The market was alive, considering the temperature and size. For such a small village, seeming to hold nor more than a few hundred, there had to be at least a thousand or more lining the streets. She'd been hoping for seclusion. Why else would she have set foot in a peasant village? If she hadn't been in such dire need of supplies, she wouldn't even have bothered.

Keira drew her fur-lined cloak closer against the chill of the day and set off for the blacksmith.

[[OOC: For anyone curious and wanting a visual aid as to my character, here it is:]]
Click here to see full text

Click here ---->

Last edited by Leilah; 12-04-2014 at 11:04 PM.
Unread 12-04-2014, 05:13 PM

Points: 999, Level: 17 Points: 999, Level: 17 Points: 999, Level: 17
DevlinKain is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Devlin & Keira (1x1 RP)

Alas, after a long rest, Devlin had finally decided to get Tetsusaiga sharpened. She had seen so many battles and sliced through so many different kinds of flesh her sharp edges began to dull. Devlin could not allow this. He arrived in a town, a shanty by comparison to what he was used to on Darsha, the evlen demon planet where he reigned as a Prince. He looked around, hood covering his face and his red eyes glowed in the shadow the hood made over his head. As he walked, his sword glowed faintly on his hip, pulsing, demanding itself to be sharpened. The many townsfolk who littered the streets stared at Devlin with awe, as he stood around 6"10', and his sword was just as intimidating. He walked slowly towards the blacksmith, coin purse in hand. "This better be enough, I do not have time to barter nor will I accept being scammed or taken advantage of." Devlin opened the door to the blacksmith, and spoke to the smither at his forge.

"How much to get this sword sharpened?" The blacksmith looked over the sword, and his eyes lit up. "This, this is a magical elven blade? I have only ever seen this one other time!" Devlin's eyes closed, as he tried to think who would have a sword like that, metal from his home planet.

"It matters not. I need to have this sword sharpened. How much?" The smither ran his hand across the flat side of the blade. "Well, I take it if I try to gouge you, you seem like the type of person who wouldn't take too well to that. Am I rightt?"

Devlin looked at the smither with squinted eyes and simply said, "Aye. I will separate your head from your body and carry it as a trophy through this town." The smither's eyes widened. "20 sens please." Devlin smiled. That seemed reasonable.

The smith took Devlin's sword, and he sat indian style against the wall adjacent to the forge. The heat did not bother him. He wanted to watch and make sure his sword was treated with care and not let it out of his sight. He had done that once before, and he will never lose Tetsusaiga again.

Unread 12-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Citizen
Resting Mod
Youngling Dragon

Leilah has shown loyalty and contrubutedLeilah has shown loyalty and contrubuted

Keira made her way through the throngs of people, past the stalls with their colorful linens, gems, animals in cages, cooking meats, brewing ales and the other dozen or so stands she passed without so much as a glance. Those kinds of things were as uninteresting to her as the rock she'd just sent hurtling down the path in front of her feet. Fine linen? Her cloak she'd made from the hide of deer. Gems? Ridiculous baubles meant only to be fought over out of greed.

And those poor creatures locked in cages... the only thing amidst the place she held any kind of attention for. Such a crime it was in her homeland to cage a wild being. An animal was meant to run free, not be bought for one's amusement. But she was only passing through, as it were, and there was nothing she could do for them now.

Her breath formed frozen clouds in the cold air with each exhale, watching the people conduct their business without any disregard for her appearance. Good. Exactly as it should be. It meant she had done well to blend.

At last she heard the familiar clink of hammer on metal, the smell of coal and flame and liquid steel. She hurried forward to the forge, almost knocking people over in the process. The sooner she conducted her business, the sooner she could leave this place and retreat back into the wilds as was her home. Keira approached the shop draped in dark purple fabric that fell to the dusty ground, only to be greeted by a pair of glittering black eyes in a tanned, lined face. The man looked rough, his face covered in soot.

"Excuse me," she said as politely as possible. "Are you Silas Agallon?"

He wiped his hands on his apron. "I am."

"Good. This is your lucky day, Silas. I've been told that your smithing is the best in all of Rhodes."

"You were told right."

"Wonderful. In that case, I require..." Her gaze suddenly caught something glittering out of the corner of her eye. Something the likes of which she'd never seen before, though looked awfully familiar. "Um, pardon me, sir, but... that sword there... is that an elven blade?"

Click here ---->
Unread 12-04-2014, 05:55 PM

Devlin looked over as he saw Keira. My, was she beautiful, but Devlin had no time for these kind of distractions. His eyes closed as he focused his attention back to his blade. He did not want to speak, but something about this, person, made him respond.

"It is. A blade forged from my homeland. It is none of your concern, though, female. This blade belongs to me." Devlin fixed his eyes back on his blade, and made a motion towards the smither with his hand. "I do not wish to wait while you conduct more business. Finish my sword smither, or we will have a problem." The smither looked over at him, and trembled a little. The look in the eyes of this demon, it was not normal. The evil in his eyes shook the smither, as he stopped talking to the new lady in the store and went back over to Tetsusaiga to finish working on it.

Devlin stared idly at the female. Something about her made his insides tingle. He did not know what this was, nor did he like what he felt. He stood up, and walked to the other side of the forge, where 2 wooden chairs were set up next to one another. He sat down in one, placed his right ankle on his left knee, and kicked back to wait for Tetsusaiga. He did not know who she was, nor where she came from, but something about her shocked him. His best bet...stay as far away from her as possible. He had other matters to tend to, and could not get caught up in trivial conversation or banter.

Unread 12-04-2014, 09:50 PM
Citizen
Resting Mod
Youngling Dragon

Keira flicked a glance at the stranger, clenching her teeth, violet eyes narrow. It was clear that this man, whoever he was, had little to no regard for anyone other than himself. She wasn't so much a people person herself, but she knew how to conduct herself politely to others. Unless of course they showed her no courtesy in return. In that case, she cast her morals aside. And what was worse was the way he stared at her, as though she were a piece of meat. As though his eyes were bearing into her soul. It made her shudder with disgust.

As the blacksmith was no longer at her aid, being cast off, she turned her attention to the rude elf perched arrogantly in his chair. She did not close the distance, but instead rest her back against the counter, crossing her arms over her chest. "You there. Elf," she hissed. "I know you believe it to be none of my concern, be it that I'm simply a female or that you find yourself threatened of my prowess, but that blade... it's not of this world. That much I can sense."

And it was true. The power radiating from the blade was enough to make the hair on her neck stand on end. It's what had caught her attention so suddenly. She could sense the magic pulsating from its core. A dark, evil magic the likes of which she had never seen before. The stuff of legends.

"Now, since you so rudely interrupted my transaction with your arrogance, I must now wait until your business is conducted before I can be on my way. Meaning I am stuck here far longer than I intended to be, and you are now stuck the victim of my impatience."

Click here ---->
Unread 12-04-2014, 10:06 PM

Devlin stared devilishly at the female. "Hmph! I am NO ONE's victim elf. I don't understand why you are so concerned about my blade. It's just a sword from my home. Nothing more. You need not worry about where it came from or its power." Devlin shrugged his shoulders and closed his eyes and turned his head away from the female elf.

"Oh, and by the way, I can smell the demon on you. So if we are going to discuss anything, let's discuss why there is a part demon wandering around these parts." Devlin sniffed his nostrils again, and made a shrewd face as he glanced away. "I may be part demon, but you are not a demon I've sensed before. Kinda weird." He watched as the smither had just about finished his blade. Devlin stood up from his chair, dwarfing the little female. He walked to the counter, and the blacksmith met him.

"20 sens please." Devlin threw the money on the counter, and the blacksmith handed him his sword with honor, palms up and the blade laying on its side on his palms. Devlin grabbed the handle, and snatched it from his hands. The blacksmith pulled his hands away quickly, trying not to be cut by the blade.

"The next time I come in to have my sword looked at human, you better prioritize her, and finish the work." Devlin sheathed his blade, and turned around and pulled his hood further down. He walked by the female and stopped. He turned his head slightly towards her.

"You know, as pretty as you are, you should not concern yourself with strangers or make comments about weapons you know nothing of. Some might take offense or become defensive to protect it. Just saying." Devlin turned his head forward, and walked out of the forge. As he walked out, he thought to himself...

Who was she? I wanted to ask her name, but she was making too many observations about Tetsusaiga. No matter, I have to go find this bounty. Once I have killed this drake, I will absorb the power into Tetsusaiga and finish what I started so long ago. Once I find Vegeta and Gohan, I will prove to them that I AM the strongest warrior this galaxy has ever seen.

Devlin walked the streets, the people moving out of his way as they saw him coming. Even regular humans could sense him walking and would move. Almost like sensing someone following you and no one is there.

Unread 12-04-2014, 11:01 PM
Citizen
Resting Mod
Youngling Dragon

She happily watched him go, although she couldn't shake the feeling that she'd be seeing him again. And what did he mean 'Defensive to protect it?' Did he just threaten her? Insults she could take, but a death threat was a different matter altogether.

But it wasn't like she could do anything about it now. She hadn't a weapon, and she was certainly not going after that man without a proper defensive tool.

She sighed and turned back to the counter. "I apologize for that... unfortunate interaction." The last words stung with an edge of poison. "Now as I previously stated, I've been told that you are the best smith in all of Rhodes, and I would trust no one less skilled with this task." She rummaged about inside of her cloak. "Now, I understand that a blacksmith doesn't usually concern himself with such things... aha!" From within she produced several bits of wood, raw and unpolished, and a coil of string, setting them one by one on the counter. "...but I was also told that you're a bit of a bowyer as well."

The blacksmith stared blankly at the pieces. "You want me to make you a bow?"

"Not just any bow," she reasoned. "The finest bow, crafted from the sacred Goshinboku. I've traveled many years in search of it, for it is said it's bark has spiritual powers. Thus why I intrust only you to make it."

The man pondered for a moment, picking up each piece in his hands and turning them over. The minutes seemed to tick by. "200 sens," he said finally.

Keira cringed. "200 sens? But that's all I..." It was every last sen to her name. However, she had known it wouldn't be cheap. The time she'd spent in search of the Goshinboku could not be for nothing. She had to have this bow.

She held out her hand. "A reasonable price indeed," she said through gritted teeth. The smithy took her hand in his.

"You won't like the time frame." When Keira didn't respond he said, "Two days."

Her heart dropped into her stomach. Two days was far longer than she had anticipated. She had no money for room and board, or even food for that matter. She'd depleted her rations of venison and stale bread before she'd arrived and as far as she could tell, there wasn't a good hunting ground for miles. But... she couldn't deny this opportunity. "O-of course," she sighed. "If that is all. I shall pay you when you are finished. Do not disappoint me, Silas Agallon. There shall be dire consequences if you try to cheat me."

Penniless, hungry and irritated beyond reason, she left the forge in search of a place to sleep for the evening.

Click here ---->
Unread 12-05-2014, 12:10 AM

Devlin continued walking through the village through the hordes of people, bumping some on the shoulder, while children ran around him with their ooh's and ahhh's. Devlin sharply looked at some, and was amused by their "ahhhhh" screams as they ran away from him. As he reached the end of the village, getting ready to leave the city, he heard his name called.

"DEVLIN!" a man shouted, and the noise of the crowd went silent. Devlin slowly turned his head and looked over his shoulder, his eyes glowing red in the black shadow his hood cast upon his face.

"I do not have time for autographs, human. I have other business to tend to." Devlin then turned his head back forward and took a step. The man spoke, yet again, this time, with more discernment in his voice.

"YOU WILL ADDRESS ME! I am Galeon, hero of this village, and I know who you are Devlin. Your evil deeds have spread across this land, and many have requested that sword of yours. Tetsega, Tetsga, whatever the hell that thing's name is." The lack of respect for his sword angered Devlin, and he turned and faced Galeon. Galeon's eyes opened wide as he finally saw Devlin's eyes stare deeply into his.

"How dare you. How dare you disrespect my sword. This sword has seen more action than you have dreamed of. She has slayed more people than stand in this village. Her name is Tetsusaiga, and you would do well to remember that, if not, you will never forget in death." Devlin drew Tetsusaiga, the old blade, and Galeon and his men laughed. They looked upon the old blade and pointed as their gaffaws got deeper.

"Oh my God boss, look at that piece of shit he is wielding! This is the legendary elven demon we have heard so much about? He carries around a rusted blade! We can take him! I don't know why anyone would pay 50000 sens for that blade, but it's a piece of crap, and I'd be happy to end him to make that money!" Galeon and his men drew their swords and axes. 2 of the men in the back pulled arrows from their quiver and drew their bows.

Devlin looked on, and an evil smile creepily manifested on his face. Finally, some action. Dev knew this would be a good chance to test the work of the smither. If this blade didn't do what he needed, his next stop...the forge.

Unread 12-05-2014, 02:34 AM
Citizen
Resting Mod
Youngling Dragon

She didn't get far when she heard a commotion in the street ahead. 'Probably a thief,' she thought, disinterested. It was common in a poor village and she needn't waste her worries on peasants. Instead she scanned the buildings for any sign of an inn. A stable, even, would do just fine. Anyplace that offered her some amount of shelter from the bitter night approaching. Rhodes was farther north than her homeland, but the temperature surprised her nonetheless. Limeros was warm and temperate, even in the bleakest winter months, with rolling green hills, abundant wildlife and acres upon acres of rich, dense forests. Rhodes, by comparison, seemed dusty and gray as far as the eye could see.

She was beginning to regret her decision to board the ship that brought her here. There were a few hundred miles and a vast ocean between her and her home. It wasn't like she could just turn back.

Her nose suddenly caught the scent of yeast on the air. Someone was baking fresh bread and they were close. She sniffed again. It was coming from... just beyond the congregating peasants. Her stomach growled. It'd been nearly a full day since she'd had anything to eat and she was famished. Crowd be damned, she gave in to temptation and sauntered forward.

The closer she came, the more she regretted doing so. What had started as a small gathering had suddenly drawn the attention of the entire market. There was shouting. A lot of it. And it wasn't anything nice. She could make out the voices of at least three men, one of which sounded awfully like...

"No."

She shoved her way through the crowd, needing to see for herself what her ears already told her to be true. There he was, the stranger from the forge, smack dab in the middle of the square, his sword drawn and a chilling smile playing across his lips. And across from him stood four others, murderous intent in their eyes.

"...And I'd be happy to end him to make that money!" She heard one of the men threaten before he drew his sword.

The stranger didn't move. In fact, he looked downright pleased with himself. His eyes... had they always been that color? She couldn't remember. They glittered the deep crimson of blood. He had an aura about him. She could feel it in her bones. It pulsed through her veins, made the hair on the back of her neck stand on end. It felt as though she were vibrating with his energy. She'd never felt anything like it before.

There was something about it... about him that compelled her, that drew her in, and suddenly, without warning, she found herself in the middle of it all, standing between the stranger from the forge and the four men with swords.

It was then that she got a good look at the company. And something about them seemed awfully familiar, though she couldn't' quite place it. That something, though, filled her with an instant hatred and loathing.

"Is there a problem here, gentlemen?"

Click here ---->

Last edited by Leilah; 12-05-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Unread 12-05-2014, 04:35 PM

"Out of the way wolf demon," Devlin said as he gazed over at the woman. "This is NONE of your concern. Again, sticking your nose into business that is not yours. You could get hurt. You don't even have a weapon. These men, they desire my blade, and I shall give it to them." Devlin fixated his glare back onto the leader of the men standing in front of him.

"Kill me, KILL ME?" Devlin shouted, responding to the comment of killing him and taking his sword. "MANY HAVE TRIED TO KILL ME!" Devlin's eyes began to start pulsing and glowing red, his muscles began to strengthen and become ripped. His grip on the handle of Tetsusaiga tightened, and he pulled the sword above his head, aiming the point at the men and assuming an top attack samurai style, sliding his feet offset, shoulders apart, in the ground.

Galeon looked at Devlin. "Ha, you pathetic worm, NO ONE will stop our force. We are the Black Haven, and we WILL not tolerate your insolence. Woman, stand aside, I do agree with him that this is none of your concern, and before you get caught in the crossfire and are mistaken to be his partner, you will..."

"SHE IS NOT MY PARTNER! I DO NOT NEED A PARTNER TO DESTROY YOU ALL!" Devlin's aura began to glow red with anger, a dark almost black/red smoke began to steam off of him, as if he had just jumped into a hot springs the same color. The villagers all began to step back, but none had seen this kind of creature before. Their curiousity kept them out there, in harms way. Devlin cared not. If these spectators wanted to die alongside this group of men, so be it. He would kill everyone in this town before he let someone disrespect him or threaten to take his sword.

"Move girl, I do not wish to harm you, but if I must, you will die alongside these fools. 1.....2...."