Go Back   Anime Forum > General Anime/Manga & Cosplay > General Manga Discussion

General Manga Discussion Mangas that don't have their own category.

Unread 07-13-2014, 09:11 PM
Citizen: Magic Clan.
Blogger
Expert Mage

Points: 18,674, Level: 94 Points: 18,674, Level: 94 Points: 18,674, Level: 94
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Misaki has shown loyalty and contrubutedMisaki has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via MSN to Misaki
Default Tokyo Ghoul

T o k y o G h o u l
Tōkyō Kushu [トーキョーグール)]

Age rating: 18+ The series Tokyo Ghoul contain themes or scenes that may not be suitable for very young readers.

Quote:
Strange murders are happening in Tokyo. Due to liquid evidence at the scene, the police conclude the attacks are the results of 'eater' type ghouls. College buddies Kaneki and Hide come up with the idea that ghouls are imitating humans so that's why they haven't ever seen one. Little did they know that their theory may very well become reality.
So basically there are Ghouls that are living amongst humans, disguised as humans and unfortunately ..eating humans! Kaneki is the main character of this managa and he is a fairly innocent 18 year old guy and this manga follows him and all the other characters, both human and ghoul, that he comes across. I have found this to be one of the most thought provoking mangas I have read so far... it really questions your morals!

I think the character designs are gorgeous and I personally found this manga to be really interesting straight from the start and I was wondering if any of you guys have read it? It has just recently got an anime and I think episode 2 is the most recently released. (One thing is for sure, don't google Tokyo Ghoul as there are hundreds of spoilers online, especially in the images section )

If you haven't read this then you really should.. like right now
Unread 11-19-2014, 02:17 AM
Banned

LoopyPanda is infamous around these partsLoopyPanda is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Tokyo Ghoul

I'm liking it so far. The pacing's quite to my liking, lots of time for buildup and world-building.

One thing I never understood, however. How come they can't any human food except for coffee/water and nothing else (Since I've yet to hear mention of drinking normal beverages besides those two)? There anything special in coffee? Or is that never explained?
Unread 11-29-2014, 07:37 PM
Blogger
Expert Mage

Misaki has shown loyalty and contrubutedMisaki has shown loyalty and contrubuted

The pace in the manga is much better than the anime - they rushed that a heck of a lot

Yeah I never really got why coffee.. it doesn't explain it as far as I know!

Tokyo Ghoul manga finished on chapter 143 But there is another manga, presumably a sequel, called Tokyo Ghoul:re that starts in a slightly different time frame with different characters but it looks as if they're about to start tying together
Unread 11-29-2014, 07:54 PM
Banned

LoopyPanda is infamous around these partsLoopyPanda is infamous around these parts

I'm liking the pacing and exposition a lot for the manga.

I googled as specific as possible and no explanation's popped up. XD

That better be explained in the sequel thingy tho. They can drink water and coffee, but nothing else it seems. I guess it's because the coffee is mostly water and a small amount of coffee beans.
Unread 11-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Blogger
Expert Mage

Lmao I was just about to google it too! Of all the unaswered questions in this manga the coffee is the most important
Yeah and they never say that they particularly LOVE the taste of coffee - maybe they're just glad it's something they can tolerate? And it appears to stave off their hunger somewhat. Just seems a little random!
Unread 11-29-2014, 08:02 PM
Banned

That's such a pet peeve of mine; they make an exception and outright refuse to explain it as if it was some random occurence one ghoul found out by accident. and nobody found the scientific reason. By this logic they should be able to drink leaf-infused teas of some sort.
Unread 01-05-2015, 05:17 PM

Points: 1,520, Level: 23 Points: 1,520, Level: 23 Points: 1,520, Level: 23
Dual Structure is on a distinguished road

I watched anime and I may say I like it more then manga.
It's because some things in manga are happening to fast.
For example death of Hinami's mother.
But from the other side I like how Touka and Kaneki are training in manga.
Oh, and there is one more thing,I don't like how Sui-san is drawing Amon and Mato in manga.
Unread 06-07-2015, 02:54 AM
Banned

Man oh man my fav arc is currently the Aogori Tree arc since that one is when Kaneki gets his stuff together and his level of cool spikes.
Unread 06-08-2015, 07:43 AM

Points: 1,330, Level: 21 Points: 1,330, Level: 21 Points: 1,330, Level: 21
Zeroz is on a distinguished road

I'm currently reading the Sequel Manga ":Re" and I absolutely love it.
I started off watching the anime when it premiered and quickly noticed some dissatisfaction from the fans who read the series, so after season 1 ended I went on a reading binge(something I haven't done since starting one piece) and ended up becoming sort of a fan boy.

Season 2 started off great but the quality declined, either because it was following an old concept of the manga or it was just laziness on the studios behalf, The anime ending was terrible, the only reason why some may have enjoyed it was because of the acoustic version of the first opening playing while Kaneki walks.

Manga has more in depth build when it comes to characters, In centered around Kaneki instead of him being M.I.A like in the anime.

:Re just wrapped up an arc that was full of events with a phenomenal set up for the next arc.
I highly recommend Readers to check this series out. It's more than action and gore.
Unread 07-31-2015, 04:30 PM
Banned

Finally finished reading the main series. Me at the end:

It ended on terms I would expect of a series with a sequel, so I'm looking forward to starting TG rE.

I almost cried at the end when
Click here to see full text
Juuzou was at the hospital visiting Shinohara. EVERYONE DIED well, not everyone. But a lot XD
I ALSO CAN'T BELIEVE Takatsuki Sen is Yoshimura's child! I wasn't expecting that at all! I just thought she'd be a human who also hates ghouls, not the One-eyed Owl.

And WHERE THE HECKIE IS HIDEYOSHI?!

So many questions...

Last edited by LoopyPanda; 08-15-2015 at 07:24 AM.

Tags
tokyo ghoul kushu manga