Go Back   Anime Forum > Extended Discussion > Extended Discussion and Debate forums > Philosophical Discussion

Unread 05-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Citizen
OC Guild 1
RPG'er

Points: 6,466, Level: 55 Points: 6,466, Level: 55 Points: 6,466, Level: 55
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
MissDark has shown loyalty and contrubutedMissDark has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via Yahoo to MissDark
Default Why does love hurt?

Why does love hurt? It's only seen in movies and rarely in real lives that love has a happy ending. Actually love shouldn't end but it ends. People cut their hand with blade because they got hurt in love. Some even suicide. But the question remains why does love hurt?
Unread 05-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Royal Clan
Resting Supermod
Sir. Tupac - the Valiant
Knight At Arms

Points: 76,954, Level: 100 Points: 76,954, Level: 100 Points: 76,954, Level: 100
tupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Why does love hurt?

Many many reasons....one i can think of right of the bat is that picture life like riding a motorcycle.You usually wear a helmet and have a safety feature that protects us.But once we fall in love...we take off the helmet...the walls that we build around ourselves to protect ourselves.Riding without a helmet is the best feeling in the world but once we fall....we get hurt real bad because that safety net is not there.

Set by Shanks
죽음은 고통에서 내 릴리즈 될 것입니다

Unread 05-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Citizen
OC Guild 1
RPG'er

Points: 6,466, Level: 55 Points: 6,466, Level: 55 Points: 6,466, Level: 55
MissDark has shown loyalty and contrubutedMissDark has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via Yahoo to MissDark

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac115 View Post
Many many reasons....one i can think of right of the bat is that picture life like riding a motorcycle.You usually wear a helmet and have a safety feature that protects us.But once we fall in love...we take off the helmet...the walls that we build around ourselves to protect ourselves.Riding without a helmet is the best feeling in the world but once we fall....we get hurt real bad because that safety net is not there.
But why we fall..?
Unread 05-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Deleted

animegirl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to animegirl Send a message via Yahoo to animegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDark View Post
But why we fall..?
Because you cant always stay on

You just need to learn from your experiences and keep looking forward...
Unread 05-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Citizen: Dragon Clan.
Winged Dragon

Points: 23,768, Level: 100 Points: 23,768, Level: 100 Points: 23,768, Level: 100
sakura has shown loyalty and contrubutedsakura has shown loyalty and contrubuted

I wish I knew the answer to that cause that way I could solve my problem...Anyway I beleive that the reason love hurts is because is like losing a part of yourself.When you love someone you give yourself to him/her.He/she becomes a part of your lifeYou spend time together, you share all your secrets.It is a very unique relationship..But sometimes this stops to exist for the one of the two(or maybe both).The reasons are many but not always obvious.Maybe the one of the two wasn't so 'serious' about it.The point is that when this happens ,and if the one that left you is truly importand to you, is like losing the earth under your feet.You lose a part of your heart and just because it's so difficult to return in the reality you used to live before, you find yourself in a dead end.Some people can't bear this so either they become depressed or try to kill themselves cause they think they can't live without the one they lost.It's very difficult to have feelings for someone that doesn't even talk to you anymore.I think this can easily drive someone mad.
Unread 05-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Royal Clan
Resting Supermod
Sir. Tupac - the Valiant
Knight At Arms

Points: 76,954, Level: 100 Points: 76,954, Level: 100 Points: 76,954, Level: 100
tupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDark View Post
But why we fall..?
Because we "fall" in love too. Just kidding.

Seriously speaking though...i cant really give a straight answer to that..there are many hypothesis to why people fall in love...scientific research indicates that love is triggered by certain chemicals.Ever heard of the lines "love chemistry" or "love is intoxicating"?There werent too wrong about that.First attraction is a result of a combination of three neurochemicals: phenylethylamine, norepinephrine and dopamine.I wont go too deeply into them but in summary these causes your heart to race,causes you to have that euphoric feeling of joy when feeling in love and makes us more excited.Chemicals in the brain...when we fall in love these chemicals are released in abundance and we get hooked on it just like any drug..It feels good and "intoxicating" and when we lose the reason for that euphoria...its like withdrawal symptoms.Drug addicts and those just out of love hold many similarities...Well this is just speaking scientifically.

Personally i prefer falling in love is just "human nature" argument.

Set by Shanks
죽음은 고통에서 내 릴리즈 될 것입니다

Unread 07-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Veteran member

Points: 9,939, Level: 68 Points: 9,939, Level: 68 Points: 9,939, Level: 68
Eruner has shown loyalty and contrubutedEruner has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via Skype™ to Eruner

Love doesnt hurt. Maybe dissapointment hurts, but love??
Such feeling, when you love someone, makes you happy. And it doesnt hurt you but encourages you.
[/I][URL="http://animeforum.org.uk/showthread.php?t=13520&highlight=eruner"]Eruner (OC)[/URL]--------[URL="http://eruner.deviantart.com"]DeviantArt [/URL]--------[URL="http://animeforum.org.uk/showthread.php?t=14628"]My cards[/URL]
Unread 07-08-2011, 12:47 AM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
OC Guild 1
RPG'er
Fighter

Points: 11,794, Level: 75 Points: 11,794, Level: 75 Points: 11,794, Level: 75
~Ayu~ has shown loyalty and contrubuted~Ayu~ has shown loyalty and contrubuted

I just read in a book that break-ups or even love hurts because it triggers the same pain receptors like when you are hurt physically.

Unread 07-08-2011, 12:57 AM
Citizen

Points: 5,241, Level: 49 Points: 5,241, Level: 49 Points: 5,241, Level: 49
wwfcdude is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to wwfcdude

well considering cardio myopithy (spelling?) is a weakening of the heart due to a emotional shock, people can die from losing their partners due to accident or old age. it happens in nature aswell. but love hurts. its the fact that if you feel so strongly for someone, and then their not there for you due to circumstances, either in your hands or someones elses, it cuts you emotionally. my friend is still messed up from nearly 2 years ago and he hasnt got much confidence with girls.

but i personnaly dont have any respect for people who try harming themselves when they split up with a partner. it happens. pick yourself up, dust yourself off cus hell, its going to happen again and again. come on, were all grown up(ish ) we know it'll happen sometime.
Unread 08-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Citizen
BloggerOC Guild 2
Resting Mod
Master Mage

Points: 23,319, Level: 100 Points: 23,319, Level: 100 Points: 23,319, Level: 100
KozaKuraHaiNe Has shown honour and chivalryKozaKuraHaiNe Has shown honour and chivalryKozaKuraHaiNe Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via MSN to KozaKuraHaiNe Send a message via Skype™ to KozaKuraHaiNe

I don't think love hurts, but I do think that love creates a higher chance of getting hurt, if you know what I mean. I'm not very comfortable nor familiar with love-related things.