Go Back   Anime Forum > ANIME FORUM: Information Centre. Welcome to our kingdom > Site News and Staffing > Mods needed and staffing

Mods needed and staffing Staff aplications and changes. Apply here

Unread 06-18-2016, 11:56 AM
Super donator
Fighter
Citizen Representative

Points: 25,841, Level: 100 Points: 25,841, Level: 100 Points: 25,841, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
NightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalry
Default Re: Staff needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended Vegeta View Post
Its your site and it runs best with me in the background.
I disagree, you are a wonderful guy Ascended, a brilliant marketer, great friend, motivator and extraordinary leader, how the heck can AF survive with you in the background?

You have some brilliant staff (Saber etc), but nothing motivates more than the creator, nothing thrills member's more than when the big boss responds to their posts. I speak from experience mate, I was a mod and designer for many years, but as soon as admin withdrew from posting the site was doomed.

I would be happy to offer my experience to this site, but your commitment and presence is critical!!!!
Unread 06-18-2016, 08:01 PM
(maternity leave) Super Moderator /Senior Moderator Experience
Sir Vegeta1: The Warrior
Blogger
Community Mod
OC Guild
RPG'er
Knight At Arms

Points: 92,008, Level: 100 Points: 92,008, Level: 100 Points: 92,008, Level: 100
Activity: 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
Vegeta has a spectacular aura about themVegeta has a spectacular aura about themVegeta has a spectacular aura about themVegeta has a spectacular aura about themVegeta has a spectacular aura about them

he does respond and stuff hes just letting us run it while he just watches and he posts he will be forever here dont worry about that and he will forever encourage everyone to do the things they love

my characters from ecaz list of my ocs general amvs members own amvs dragonball z/gt AF anime and manga
Unread 06-19-2016, 01:03 AM

swordswoman
Blogger
Super donator
OC Guild 4
RPG'er
KING

Points: 209,955, Level: 100 Points: 209,955, Level: 100 Points: 209,955, Level: 100
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
Saber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Saber

NightAl I think Ascended Vegeta just means he will not be able to be online all the time and he wants us to have the freedom of running the site. He does work full time and it limits his online time but he is also always watching and does come online still.
But I do agree too that we like to see the Creator Boss onlineYou make a good point. And thanks for calling me brilliant!

Last edited by Saber; 06-19-2016 at 01:08 AM.
Unread 06-19-2016, 12:01 PM
Super donator
Fighter
Citizen Representative

Points: 25,841, Level: 100 Points: 25,841, Level: 100 Points: 25,841, Level: 100
NightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalry

Just to clarify, I love Ascended and my post was not to criticize ... as I made it clear I have nothing but heaps of respect for Ascended ... but I have been hurt, I supported a very successful site for 6 years (Video Haven) then suddenly admin lost interest and the site died.

I'm not saying that Ascended has lost interest, but I feel very nervous when admin say they want to stay in the background, based on past experience this freaks me out. I lost many friends on Haven Video and since have become non involved ...I'm to damn old to give this commitment again until Ascended reached out to me on YouTube, and I had hope again.

As you can see I am 100% in ... I donate, post and treat you all like family, I don't want to loose this again!!!

I stand on my concern, you are our linch pin Ascended ... The King ... you have many dedicated members, but if you stand in the background, I can't help feeling we are lost, and I don't ever wanna be lost again!

I can see how Saber and Vegeta have defended you, that's loyalty, and I am loyal too, but I will always speak my mind ....what say you my King?
Unread 06-20-2016, 09:24 AM
Site Creator

Points: 381,052, Level: 100 Points: 381,052, Level: 100 Points: 381,052, Level: 100
Ascended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAl AmV View Post
Just to clarify, I love Ascended and my post was not to criticize ... as I made it clear I have nothing but heaps of respect for Ascended ... but I have been hurt, I supported a very successful site for 6 years (Video Haven) then suddenly admin lost interest and the site died.

I'm not saying that Ascended has lost interest, but I feel very nervous when admin say they want to stay in the background, based on past experience this freaks me out. I lost many friends on Haven Video and since have become non involved ...I'm to damn old to give this commitment again until Ascended reached out to me on YouTube, and I had hope again.

As you can see I am 100% in ... I donate, post and treat you all like family, I don't want to loose this again!!!

I stand on my concern, you are our linch pin Ascended ... The King ... you have many dedicated members, but if you stand in the background, I can't help feeling we are lost, and I don't ever wanna be lost again!

I can see how Saber and Vegeta have defended you, that's loyalty, and I am loyal too, but I will always speak my mind ....what say you my King?
Thank you for your kind words. I do not think we have different views, I may have not explained properly. The background was just referring to the basic day to day decisions.

My beliefs and commitment to AF have not changed from those I original wrote in the information centre
The creator/owner. How decisions are made on AF. My power and how it is rarley used.
https://animeforum.org.uk/showthread.php?t=30256

I have not lost interest at all. Many people need this site and see it as a second home. Because of this and my love for them, no mater how quiet or difficult or whatever the personal cost, it has been in the past I have and will always keep it going, for them. Old members know through experiance over the last 7 years that I have always been there for them and the site and would nevr abendon them or it. Maybe that's why they have commented as they have above.

I am not talking about moving on and abandoning the site in any way.

I will continue to lead and inspire as always, but that is different to running the site day to day.
What I mean Is the staff and citizen reps need to (like in the past) make the day to day decisions. Yes with any major decisions going by me and me over seeing things. I am ultimately legaly responsible after all.
When we worked like this I the past I did not abandon the site or appear any less central to it. I had more time to create and develop Af and had more time to inspire the members be with them and to bring in new members. (Recognising Saber and Vegetas massive contribution) With the current very low staffing and no citizen reps, currently I am having to make most of the decisions on my own and even do many of the mod duties. That's not my role and takes me away from inspirational leadership.

For some context, When we had enough of them. the staff and citizen reps used to make all the day to day decisions as a group in the past, yes with me over seeing things and having an ultimate Vito if I felt it was needed. This gave people a sense of security and fairness in the way things were run.
When there is only one person making all the decisions, One persons unilateral decision can leave them being an easy target, and those that do not like the decision could use that to scare new members by pretending I was a tyrant that may ban them for no reason, or bully them unchecked. However, joint team decisions are hard to criticise and it is impossible for those that do not like the decision to find an individual to blame and target in that way.

Please hit my Youtube FSN video link -> Link

RPG charater links - Dark Elf Lord - Fairy Lord

Talking /Thinking

Unread 06-20-2016, 09:19 PM
Citizen: Dragon Clan.Community Moderator Gotta' Catch Em All (formerly GMART)

Points: 1,920, Level: 27 Points: 1,920, Level: 27 Points: 1,920, Level: 27
Activity: 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
UzumakiUpper has shown loyalty and contrubutedUzumakiUpper has shown loyalty and contrubuted

hey guys
i am happy to help and be a moderator
i am ready
Unread 06-21-2016, 10:15 AM
Super donator
Fighter
Citizen Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended Vegeta View Post
Thank you for your kind words. I do not think we have different views, I may have not explained properly. The background was just referring to the basic day to day decisions..

My apologies Ascended, I did misunderstand what you where saying ... my fault bro, I honestly thought you where abandoning us, I was wrong. , As I mentioned to Saber I have a had a serious case of flu which turned to pneumonia and I haven't been seen things rationally for a few days, again my sincere apologies.

I would love to help out as a mod, but as I mentioned recently, I still need to earn my way, at the moment I am still a novice here, yes I've been a mod before on other forums, but AF is a whole new ball game ... there are a few sub forums I am totally unfamiliar with, and actually I had to ask Vegeta what an RPG was LOL (she kindly told me it was Role Playing Games, how dumb am I?)

I am loving being part of the family and when I get my post count up a bit and maybe in a month or two I will apply to be a mod ... maybe as a first step ... a community mod. I enjoy welcoming and encouraging new members and always try to post 'welcome posts' for new members.

Thank you for your patience with me bro and again I am sorry, for the misunderstanding
Unread 06-21-2016, 05:37 PM

UzumakiUpper has shown loyalty and contrubutedUzumakiUpper has shown loyalty and contrubuted

Hey I will be happy to help
what do I need to do
Unread 06-21-2016, 05:37 PM

I've been saying hello to new members
and helping them out
Unread 06-21-2016, 05:56 PM
Site Creator

Points: 381,052, Level: 100 Points: 381,052, Level: 100 Points: 381,052, Level: 100
Ascended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAl AmV View Post
Thank you for your patience with me bro and again I am sorry, for the misunderstanding
No apology needed, probably my dyslexia playing up
And thank you for your commitment

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMART View Post
I've been saying hello to new members
and helping them out
That's a good start, Saber will advise you soon. If not, I will help.

What forum are you interested in? or do you want to be a community mod?

Please hit my Youtube FSN video link -> Link

RPG charater links - Dark Elf Lord - Fairy Lord

Talking /Thinking

Tags
animeforum, application, leaders, moderators, staff