Go Back   Anime Forum > Battle Arena > Battle Arena > Battle Arena - Manga/Anime Edition:

Battle Arena - Manga/Anime Edition: Where only Anime/Manga characters face off

Unread 01-06-2015, 04:02 PM

Points: 1,003, Level: 18 Points: 1,003, Level: 18 Points: 1,003, Level: 18
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
damaverickblast is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tien vs. Freeza.

It depends. In the manga im not sure Tien has a chance. In Anime he overcomes Frieza and Cell because of the fillier Yamcha >>>>>>>>> Olibu.
Unread 01-08-2015, 04:02 AM
Banned

Drago will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Drago

Tien, who hurt SemiPerfect Cell before he finished his training, vs Freeza, who's weaker than Android 18. Yeah, Imma go Tien on this one.

Unless Freeza blows up the planet before Tien kills him. Then, Freeza takes it.
Unread 01-08-2015, 11:20 PM
Resting Senior mod
Super donator
Fire breathing Dragon

Points: 42,493, Level: 100 Points: 42,493, Level: 100 Points: 42,493, Level: 100
WZRD Has shown honour and chivalryWZRD Has shown honour and chivalryWZRD Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via Skype™ to WZRD

Tien takes it easily. He never stopped training after the Cell Saga. He and Chaoutzu dodged the human extinction attack. And also, he had the courage to go up against Super Buu (Gotenks absorbed). Well, that doesn't mean much except the fact that he had to attain some kind of great power to believe he could do some damage to buu at that point. Just saying.

GRAPHICS | TUTORIALS | REQUESTS
Unread 01-08-2015, 11:35 PM
Banned

Drago will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Drago

Funny thing is, we don't know how much damage Tien did to Buu thanks to the latter's regeneration. Tien is nowhere near as strong as Buu, but the pink blob has a weakness to Ki based attacks, so might have done some damage. His Tri-Beam even emits a bright enough light when it's fired to blind 16 (who did just have part of his brain blown out) & 18 momentarily. It wouldn't be too far off to say Tien hurt him and Buu regenerated the damage before we could see him.

But anyway, Tien. XD
Unread 01-09-2015, 10:25 AM
Resting Senior mod
Super donator
Fire breathing Dragon

Points: 42,493, Level: 100 Points: 42,493, Level: 100 Points: 42,493, Level: 100
WZRD Has shown honour and chivalryWZRD Has shown honour and chivalryWZRD Has shown honour and chivalry

Lol, you're right. I didn't even think about that. There was smoke and when it cleared, he was undamaged. Also, that specific tri-beam attack was enough to impress Mystic Gohan. Also, he blasted away Super Buu's blast before that. Also, he was wearing a cool outfit. Okay, now I'm just giving random accolades ;p But yeah, Tien takes it.

However, Frieza's getting a boost in the new movie. Should be interesting to see.

Unread 01-09-2015, 05:48 PM
Banned

ShineCero has a little shamelful behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to ShineCero

This thread is 4 years old

Anyways, for the topic, Tien's victory over Freeza won't happen considering that it nearly doesn't have that much feat to even put him on that level. His notable feat was pinning down Second Form Cell, which by the way, didn't really "damage" him, just stall him for a bit. And there are move that can kill stronger opponents that they normally couldn't do. Such as Piccolo's Makankōsappō can pierce through Raditz. Krillin's Kienzan can cut through Nappa, Freeza and possibly stronger characters. If Tien is somehow in the big league because he deflected a blast fro Bootenks, then should SSJ Goku be something to talk about after punching Ultimate Boo to stop him from killing Vegeta?

I don't know how Krillin (Strongest Earthling) can measure up to Freeza, but if he can't, then Tien shouldn't be touching this battle.
Unread 01-09-2015, 10:03 PM
Resting Senior mod
Super donator
Fire breathing Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineCero View Post
If Tien is somehow in the big league because he deflected a blast fro Bootenks, then should SSJ Goku be something to talk about after punching Ultimate Boo to stop him from killing Vegeta?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WZRD View Post
Also, that specific tri-beam attack was enough to impress Mystic Gohan. Also, he blasted away Super Buu's blast before that. Also, he was wearing a cool outfit. Okay, now I'm just giving random accolades ;p
Yeah...I don't think you caught that I was kidding

However, I wasn't kidding with my choice of winner. And take note, the OP says Mecha Frieza. With that said, let me ask a simple question...what level is Mecha Frieza on? That's a serious question. When did he give any indication that he's on the same level as original Frieza? When did Trunks give him a chance to? Other than the giant ball I have absolutely no reason to believe that Mecha Frieza is anywhere near the level of the real deal. Unless you can convince me otherwise.

Also, I can't let you downplay Tien's sacrifice like that Whether it damaged Cell or not, that doesn't change the fact that Tien was holding down the main villain. And that was before they all began training for the Cell Games. If pre-cell games Tien can pull off something like that...don't you think end of DBZ Tien can have a nice showing against "Mecha" Frieza?

Unread 01-09-2015, 11:38 PM
Banned

ShineCero has a little shamelful behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to ShineCero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WZRD View Post
Yeah...I don't think you caught that I was kidding
I was talking more in general, even though I do understand that you're just joking.

Quote:
However, I wasn't kidding with my choice of winner. And take note, the OP says Mecha Frieza. With that said, let me ask a simple question...what level is Mecha Frieza on? That's a serious question. When did he give any indication that he's on the same level as original Frieza? When did Trunks give him a chance to? Other than the giant ball I have absolutely no reason to believe that Mecha Frieza is anywhere near the level of the real deal. Unless you can convince me otherwise.
Chapter: 329 (DBZ 135), P14.1
Cold: “A small planet…Wouldn’t it be better if you just wiped it out in one shot?”
Freeza: “That wouldn’t satisfy me…I want to make [Goku] well acquainted with my powered-up self…”

Chapter: 330 (DBZ 136), P13.3-4
Cold: “The Earthlings don’t matter, but the Super Saiyan alone we absolutely must exterminate, by any means. The one who holds the greatest power in the universe must without a doubt be our clan”
Freeza: “We can definitely defeat him if we go at him together, Papa. And I’ve powered up too, so I think I can probably go alone.”

Cold: “The Earthlings don’t matter, but the Super Saiyan alone we absolutely must exterminate, by any means. The one who holds the greatest power in the universe must without a doubt be our clan”
Freeza: “We can definitely defeat him if we go at him together, Papa. And I’ve powered up too, so I think I can probably go alone.”

Quote:
Also, I can't let you downplay Tien's sacrifice like that Whether it damaged Cell or not, that doesn't change the fact that Tien was holding down the main villain. And that was before they all began training for the Cell Games. If pre-cell games Tien can pull off something like that...don't you think end of DBZ Tien can have a nice showing against "Mecha" Frieza?
Nope. I honestly don't think Tien can even match any of the Freeza forms quite honestly. Most likely first or second form, but anything else is stretching it.
Unread 01-12-2015, 10:49 PM
Resting Senior mod
Super donator
Fire breathing Dragon

Quote:
I was talking more in general, even though I do understand that you're just joking.
Gotcha.

Quote:
Chapter: 329 (DBZ 135), P14.1
Cold: “A small planet…Wouldn’t it be better if you just wiped it out in one shot?”
Freeza: “That wouldn’t satisfy me…I want to make [Goku] well acquainted with my powered-up self…”

What I got from that is Mecha Frieza can still destroy a planet. And that he got a power up. Kudos. But just like the running gag on Tien, Mecha Frieza didn't showcase any of the feats to back it up. Trunks dominated the guy. Sliced through him like butter (which probably means he didn't get anymore durable in the mecha form).

Quote:
Nope. I honestly don't think Tien can even match any of the Freeza forms quite honestly. Most likely first or second form, but anything else is stretching it.
But with this, not only are you implying that Mecha Frieza is on par with Imperfect Cell. You're implying that Frieza still can't be touched by certain Z warriors in the Buu Saga. Long after Mecha Frieza's appearance. Come on, dude. I shouldn't have to tell you that's a stretch.

Honestly, neither Mecha Frieza or Tien have the feats to definitively say who wins this one. In the end, it all comes down to logic. Tien holding down Cell and the fact that he NEVER stopped training throughout the Buu Saga (except when the planet exploded and that brief party they had after defeating Buu), seems like enough to edge it to him.

Unread 01-15-2015, 02:28 PM
Citizen

Points: 5,988, Level: 53 Points: 5,988, Level: 53 Points: 5,988, Level: 53
PusoPimp will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to PusoPimp

Well I'd think it obvious that certain ones still aren't able to mess with Frieza by the Buu saga. I mean, I guess we really don't know what kind of increases they got from training with King Kai but for Yamcha and Chiaotzu that was the best they ever got, Yajirobe only got up to training with Kami and there's no implication he got any stronger after that and Master Roshi really didn't get much stronger at all in Z, I doubt I even need to mention Puar and Oolong. I doubt any of them could do anything against Frieza. As for Tien...he was able to hold Cell back but didn't damage him, just held him down. He was able to make Buu flinch when he absorbed Gotenks which really didn't do much damage to him (in the dub of the anime he said he felt it, but it felt like a mosquito bite to him, not sure how canon that was though). So...what that would do to Frieza is kinda a question mark to me, baring in ming he also couldn't muster the power to make Perfect Cell so much as flinch during the beam clash WITH help from others kinda doubt he could win, but I think he puts up a fight.