Go Back   Anime Forum > ANIME FORUM: Information Centre. Welcome to our kingdom > Site News and Staffing > Suggestions

Suggestions Make your Suggestions here

Unread 03-24-2017, 11:06 PM
Citizen

Points: 1,477, Level: 22 Points: 1,477, Level: 22 Points: 1,477, Level: 22
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
TrevorPhillips is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MP4 Player

So fair use copyrights that protect amvs on youtube cannot be used here?
I mean i guess it makes sense.
Its just too bad.

But if not for AMV. What about my use of mp4? Short snippets of other youtube videos used in the extended discussion forum?
Or the funny ones. I have excerpts from SNL and vines and vlogs that i would love to share.
I understand i can just post a link to youtube. But often times, atleast for myself i refuse to click a link to youtube. It inturrupts my time i spend browsing here and i dont want to have to leave and come back for a quick 1-2 minute video.
Unread 03-26-2017, 08:00 AM
Super donator
Fighter
Citizen Representative

Points: 25,841, Level: 100 Points: 25,841, Level: 100 Points: 25,841, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
NightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalry

There seems to some confusion about this topic, I think Ascended and Saber get it and some other members, but I need to clarify.

1. This is not about AF becoming a host site, it's about AF streaming from cloud sites like MediaFire, where we can easily upload files, however unlike YouTube these sites do not play uploaded files, yet if we incorporate apps such as MP4 player on forums like ours we can stream them on our forum.

2. As for images, it's much like Photobucket, you don't need an app to display these, simply use the [img]***[/img] option

3. Now to understand the MP4 option you will need to create an account with mediafire.com then log in. Then to get a better understanding of how it works check out all my stuff click this link https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles this will give you access to everything I have ever uploaded ... there are more than 160 AMVS many that have been banned by You Tube

Next click on my MP4 folder https://www.mediafire.com/#gdr8797u55z04

This will display a playlist of all my work, click on any file and it will give you opportunity to DL to your HD.

4. Now to the MP4 steaming option, if you scroll to to the far right hand side of any file you will see an arrow... click on this and it will give you the option to share this file or copy the link. Now, if we had an MP4 player you could past this link with [mp4]XXX[/mp4] ... then magically it will be streamed, but only when admin have included the mp4 app!

Note as I said, you will need to create an account an account with mediafire to do all this, it's free, but for optimal service and file retention unless downloaded or steamed under three months it will cost you about a measly $3 a month, but to avoid any cost, simply DL your files every couple months.

To upload your own files go to your MediaFire homepage

Last edited by NightAl AmV; 03-26-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Unread 04-12-2017, 03:20 PM
Super donator
Fighter
Citizen Representative

Points: 25,841, Level: 100 Points: 25,841, Level: 100 Points: 25,841, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
NightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalry

Ok! One more post then I promise to stop being a pest.

I figure this MP4 player is to hard, ah well at least I tried

Could have been a great app
Unread 04-12-2017, 06:19 PM
Citizen

Points: 1,477, Level: 22 Points: 1,477, Level: 22 Points: 1,477, Level: 22
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
TrevorPhillips is an unknown quantity at this point

I think its something vbulleten would have to be the ones to make the app and then admin would be the one to impliment it into his site.
Right?