Go Back   Anime Forum > General Anime/Manga & Cosplay > General Manga Discussion

General Manga Discussion Mangas that don't have their own category.

Unread 10-15-2011, 08:55 PM

Points: 2,414, Level: 31 Points: 2,414, Level: 31 Points: 2,414, Level: 31
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
captain ryno is on a distinguished road
Angry Shonen Jump going from volumes to digital

as a man of manga, i love shonen jump: getting to see my favorite manga in big pages, seeing the front cover and fan art, and getting a free card once and a while. but just recently, ... i don't like them that much anymore. as you see from the title, shonen jump is going digital. WTF!!!? this is the worse they have ever done!!! it will start next year, somewhere in spring, and this is the worse! the only way you can read them now is on you Ipad, Iphone or Ipod touch.

i agree with this guy on this:

and if you don't believe me (and trust me, i didn't at first) click here: http://shonenjump.viz.com/WeeklySJ

i am sick and tried of this bullcrap, and if they go and do this, well, i'll just buy VIZ's single books instead. so, what are you're thoughts on this?
Unread 10-16-2011, 12:03 AM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Blogger
RPG'er
Warrior

Points: 27,795, Level: 100 Points: 27,795, Level: 100 Points: 27,795, Level: 100
Zionist Has shown honour and chivalryZionist Has shown honour and chivalryZionist Has shown honour and chivalry
Default Re: Shonen Jump Canceled In Favor of Weekly Digital Releases?!

You didn't actually read that page did you

"On January 30, 2012, Weekly SHONEN JUMP Alpha is coming online. Every week you can read Bakuman, Bleach, Naruto, Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, One Piece and Toriko through the VIZ Manga App (iPhone, iPad or iPod touch) or your web browser soon after it's published in Japan!"

Meaning you'll be able to read VIZ Scans on your iPod, iPhone or iPad. It never said it's being cancelled from paperback Read before overreacting
Unread 10-16-2011, 12:08 AM
Citizen
Resting Mod

Points: 6,950, Level: 57 Points: 6,950, Level: 57 Points: 6,950, Level: 57
Halibel is on a distinguished road

Waaat no way,,like you, i look forward to it the colored pages , fan art,, new mangas and the occasional
card. I'll miss it not being in paper
Unread 10-16-2011, 07:50 AM
Banned

Syn has much shamelfulbehaviour in the pastSyn has much shamelfulbehaviour in the past
Send a message via Skype™ to Syn

I don't buy Shonen Jump basically because we have our own manga anthology magazines - and SJ is a little expensive round these parts. But yeah, it didn't say anything about cancelling print, it just says certain manga titles will be available digitally. So don't get your boxers/knickers in a twist.
Unread 10-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Citizen
Resting Mod

Points: 6,950, Level: 57 Points: 6,950, Level: 57 Points: 6,950, Level: 57
Halibel is on a distinguished road

Shonen Jumps announcement :

Viz Media announced at the New York Comic Con this weekend that they plan to phase out the print edition of Shonen Jump magazine and replace it with Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha, a digital publication offered through their website and their various iOS Viz Manga applications.

Accoridng to the press release, Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha will feature serializations of Bakuman, Bleach, Naruto, One Piece and other manga “only two weeks after it debuts in Japan’s massively popular Weekly Shonen Jump Magazine. Currently, Japanese releases are often several months to years ahead of North American print titles; Weekly SJ Alpha eliminates the delay in unprecedented fashion.” To help North American readers catch up, they plan to release “a limited collection of digital graphic novel speed-ups” that will bring readers up-to-date with Japanese releases.

This will all begin next year..
Unread 10-16-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionist View Post

"On January 30, 2012, Weekly SHONEN JUMP Alpha is coming online. Every week you can read Bakuman, Bleach, Naruto, Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, One Piece and Toriko through the VIZ Manga App (iPhone, iPad or iPod touch) or your web browser soon after it's published in Japan!"

Meaning you'll be able to read VIZ Scans on your iPod, iPhone or iPad. It never said it's being cancelled from paperback Read before overreacting

no, i understand that, but that's the problem. they are stopping the hard copys of shonen jump! i don't want a digitail copy that i have to scrol, click and by complete accident of the device itself, have to go back and re-read what i was reading. not to metion it would take some time to go to one page to the next. i also liked the way the hard copys you can see every little detail without screanting just to see the background characters (not that that's a problem with the small hard copys) but if they make it for iphones, people would have to zoom in, and again, by accident, go to the next page.
Unread 10-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Banned

ShineCero has a little shamelful behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to ShineCero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionist View Post

This.

Misleading Title is Misleading
Unread 10-16-2011, 08:12 PM

i mislead NOTHING!!! they are "canceling" the hard copys, not shonen jump themselfs!
Unread 10-17-2011, 01:26 AM
Resting Supermod
Grandmaster Mage

Points: 34,381, Level: 100 Points: 34,381, Level: 100 Points: 34,381, Level: 100
Kanoke Has shown honour and chivalryKanoke Has shown honour and chivalryKanoke Has shown honour and chivalryKanoke Has shown honour and chivalry

Shonen Jump is going from monthly and on paper to weekly and digital. Implies cancellation of monthly volumes.
Unread 10-17-2011, 01:28 AM
Banned

ShineCero has a little shamelful behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to ShineCero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanoke View Post
Shonen Jump is going from monthly and on paper to weekly and digital. Implies cancellation of monthly volumes.
Then the title should have said, Shonen Jump goes from Volumes to Digital. Instead of Shonen Jump itself getting canned.

Tags
shonen jump