Go Back   Anime Forum > Extended Discussion > Extended Discussion and Debate forums > Extended Discussion Forum

Extended Discussion Forum Extended Discussion and debate

Unread 12-17-2014, 06:05 AM

Points: 2,890, Level: 34 Points: 2,890, Level: 34 Points: 2,890, Level: 34
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
The Watch Dog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why do men run the world?

The OP is just terrible and wreaks of misandry, historical ignorance (Go look up Marry Queen of Scotts, Isabella of Spain and a dozen other brutal, violent and mass murdering women..hell Mao's mistress likely is responsible for upwards of twenty million deaths..so..what now?) and bigotry. OP also ignores that women rape as often as men do but shaming and counter rape accusations easily silence that, or how the majority of cases of severe emotional abuse involve mothers destroying their own kids. How most of the infamous online bullying cases involved girls tormenting other girls or boys and not the evil dong monsters.

Men and Women, black, white whatever we belong to the same god damn species and have the same cultures some of which are absurdly messed up. Our tenacity and ruthlessness has propelled us from walking on all fours to standing erect to mastering the world..But those same qualities that are a boon to us can also be a nightmare.

I'd also point out that Spartan women essentially ran the country given their men were dumb mindless soldier fetishists...and Helots were still ritualistically murdered for the lulz and children still beaten to death in training...

Really this has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with humanity itself.
Unread 12-18-2014, 06:30 PM
Deleted

funnyjunk is on a distinguished road

spartan women were gnarly bruh. i would LOVE to see what theyd do to the misandrists who think theyre feminists
Unread 12-19-2014, 08:14 AM

Points: 2,890, Level: 34 Points: 2,890, Level: 34 Points: 2,890, Level: 34
The Watch Dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyjunk View Post
spartan women were gnarly bruh. i would LOVE to see what theyd do to the misandrists who think theyre feminists

The Feminazi's are the ultimate expression of self importance, self indulgence and placing your ego and yourself above the collective. Worse still its a perversion of a genuine struggle...a worthy cause.

They'd be the antithesis of Spartan women in fact I'm pretty sure their entire set of values is an affront to the variant of stoicism and the religious practices of the people of Lycurgus. they'd probably react the way the way hardcore muslims do and declare them essentially apostates, unnatural and likely go for the kill.

Not that, that's good or anything its just..These were incredibly strong women Who were also women of blood and fire.

What's the story Aristotle tells?

A spartan boy nine or ten who is learning foraging skills steals a particularly aggressive rooster from a Spartan citizens lands. This isn't illegal as its part of the agoge training to learn how to forage and the skill since its an essential in pre canned food warfare. Getting caught though? Yeah that's a no, no and you'll be beaten with a brass rod as thick as a thumb for it.

So the boy is caught but he stuffs the chicken inside his robe. The Spartan officer in charge of training them questions the boy for something like thirty minutes. The boy apparently was stealing from his own farm and his mother comes out to watch

mother sees the boy who is now pissing himself, and in obvious physical agony, blood begins to pool at his feet as the interrogation continues. Soldier knows he has the chicken, knows the chickens actually a rooster and is tearing his stomach apart with its feet and spurs, his beak. Spartan commander continues to abuse him making it a lesson in how to resist torture but also to possess the nous to know when to abandon "being tough" and admitting defeat so that you can still be of use to the "polis" in some fashion.

Boys pride wont let him confess and take his beating, Spartan commander worried the boys going to bleed to death offers him an out, says he wont report this, boy doesn't have to catch the beating

boys pride is blustered

boy ends up being disemboweled by said Rooster and drops dead..his mom

she SMILES and looks at the Spartan warrior and says "A vainglorious soldier is an affront of the Spartoi" and THANKS THE MAN..for essentially facilitating the death of her son. Sure you have to be a pretty effed up human being to be happy your son died before he could disappoint you on the field..but it also takes a shitton of guts to stand there and essentially watch your son be ripped to pieces by an angry bird. These were hard women

And the other anecdote? When mothers and wives would look at their sons and husbands marching to war together and telling them "come back with your shield, or come back on it" because coming back without it as a surrendered man made you no man at all?

To say nothing of how they were totally okay with mass killings in the dead of night to maintain slavery and how they viewed "I'm going to come and rape you in the dead of night" as an actual challenge "if this man actually force himself on me before I stab him to death then it just means he'll breed me some excellent soldiers"

These were hard, unforgiving and incredibly tough and powerful women who were just as vicious and bigoted as the men folk. In fact its sort of proof that "equality just means we're all equally crappy"

Spartan women would look at Zoe Quin and demand she tied to a column and left to die of exposure as an ironic punishment for being too self indulgent and vain basically.

Last edited by The Watch Dog; 12-19-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Unread 11-13-2015, 12:15 AM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Royal Subject

Points: 2,500, Level: 32 Points: 2,500, Level: 32 Points: 2,500, Level: 32
KD7BWB has shown loyalty and contrubutedKD7BWB has shown loyalty and contrubuted

No longer available

Last edited by KD7BWB; 03-30-2017 at 02:11 AM.
Unread 02-01-2017, 11:50 PM
Citizen

Points: 10,064, Level: 69 Points: 10,064, Level: 69 Points: 10,064, Level: 69
anime mistress has much shamelfulbehaviour in the pastanime mistress has much shamelfulbehaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD7BWB View Post
Ever notice how many topics are in this forum that are posted by people that haven't even been here in years; to manage their own forum? Hmmm ...

Anyway, this one seems to be something that is predicated on the notion of women being somehow benevolent and honorable. Here's a list of notorious women in history:

http://www.toptenfamous.com/top-10-most-evil-women-of-history/

Here's some more, a few are duplicates:

http://www.wonderslist.com/10-most-evil-women-in-the-history/

Here's a description of the life of a 'noble' female. She was having a lot of fun!:

http://www.abacom.com/~jkrause/bathory.html

Read this stuff, some of this is so troubling it makes me want to throw up. It's so dark, and so evil, that nobody can make this stuff up. These are real people, who actually lived. Some, not even a long time ago.

I'm not saying women are the only ones to point fingers at. There are male monsters out there too. Just as many, probably. But a sexist comment about the value of women in the culture is very poor form.

So what if I choose to make challenging discussions and watch peoples reactions without logging in? (Just like most members watch this website without logging in) Initiating the debate and making people think is what is most important. In addition its fun to make a challenging thread, sit back and watch you all tare each other apart.

I think you miss my point however. Dark as it my be (as you put it), men have the power and are generally the ones that used to burn women as witches through fear of their power and the ones that start wars.
Notable women are not the point.
I am sorry of this topic makes you sick but men's abuse of the world and their abuse of women makes me sick.
I carry no bad feelings to you personally but without debate their is no chance for change.
I raise the question again. Why do men run the world?
Unread 02-22-2017, 05:01 AM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Royal Subject

Points: 2,500, Level: 32 Points: 2,500, Level: 32 Points: 2,500, Level: 32
KD7BWB has shown loyalty and contrubutedKD7BWB has shown loyalty and contrubuted

No longer available

Last edited by KD7BWB; 03-30-2017 at 04:15 AM.
Unread 03-25-2017, 04:05 PM
Royal Clan
Blogger
Sir. Tien: the Dedicated
Knight At Arms

Points: 47,687, Level: 100 Points: 47,687, Level: 100 Points: 47,687, Level: 100
Tien has a spectacular aura about themTien has a spectacular aura about themTien has a spectacular aura about themTien has a spectacular aura about themTien has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
If I were you, I would study history for the last 3,000 years or so, and see how many women were rulers, kings, empresses; etc. And then how many were also military types that ran large armies. Some of that is listed here:
But how do you suppose this compares to the number of men in those positions? I don't think anyone is honestly saying that not a single powerful woman has ever existed, just that throughout history men have held a higher position of power. Demonstrating that exceptions to the rule exist doesn't disprove this.

Quote:
Theresa May in Britain, and Angela Merkel in Germany; both countries are (although Britain will be leaving) are presently members of the EU Parliament. A rather large group. Many members of that Parliament are women.

In the United States, a spectacular number of state governors and members of Congress, are (and have been) women.
Again, you are just pointing out exceptions.

None of this refutes Anime Mistress's claim that men run the world.
Unread 03-25-2017, 08:20 PM
Citizen

Points: 2,189, Level: 29 Points: 2,189, Level: 29 Points: 2,189, Level: 29
TrevorPhillips is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok i didnt want to touch this cancer infested shitshow. But i feel i have to.

What do you define as "ruling the world"? Because technically speaking NOONE rules the world. PEOPLE rule bits and pieces of this world. But they do not rule together.

I circle back to the information that defeated the wage gap myth. Men spend longer hours working. Pull more overtime. Strive to achieve more from their position of employment. Less likely to take sick days and cannot take maternity leave.
Therefore you can postulate men are infact better than women when it comes to working.
Society knows this. Society accepts this. Society LIKES this. So it makes sense that men being better workers would be more likely to be democratically elected by society as a result.

Look to the other shitshow in recent news that was the 2016 american elections.
Identity politics. Hillary Clinton however incompetant and corrupt and all around bad of a person she was. Played identity politics. And lost. "Vote for me to be the first female president" was the foundation of many of her talking p9ints.
And america responded by still voting for trump.

Im not saying thats why she lost or he won.
But clearly being a woman. Will not win you the election.

Being a woman in a position of power means you have to be the exception to the norm.
Alot of the most successful women. Have no family. Have no kids. Have nothing to distract them from their position. The vast majority of women will not forsake family for their jobs. They simply are not biologically or evolutionarily or sociologically made to do something like that.

So to answer the question. Why do men rule the world? They dont.
Why do men hold more positions of power and authority in the world? Because men are better at it than women so society elects the person better suited to run the show.

Last edited by TrevorPhillips; 03-25-2017 at 08:22 PM.
Unread 03-26-2017, 05:04 AM
Super donator
Fighter
Citizen Representative

Points: 26,768, Level: 100 Points: 26,768, Level: 100 Points: 26,768, Level: 100
Activity: 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
NightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorPhillips View Post
e to.

What do you define as "ruling the world"? Because technically speaking NOONE rules the world. PEOPLE rule bits and pieces of this world. But they do not rule together.

I essentially agree with that statement. One could argue that the Caesars (or kings) of Rome ruled the known world, but not all of it! On the other hand a women ... Queen Victoria ruled much of the world via The British Empire, but, again, not all off it.

Hitler wanted to rule the world, so did Attila The Hun and Alexandra, but they all failed!

Now, when it comes to modern equality in business, it can be argued that men rule, but I think that is being slowly turned around and women are turning the tables.

Politically and economically , however, no one can ever rule the whole world, be it male or female!
Unread 03-26-2017, 09:24 AM
Royal Clan
Blogger
Sir. Tien: the Dedicated
Knight At Arms

Points: 47,687, Level: 100 Points: 47,687, Level: 100 Points: 47,687, Level: 100
Tien has a spectacular aura about themTien has a spectacular aura about themTien has a spectacular aura about themTien has a spectacular aura about themTien has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorPhillips View Post
They simply are not biologically or evolutionarily or sociologically made to do something like that.
Do you have any evidence to support your claim? Just because something may make sense to you from an evolutionary perspective that doesn't mean it's actually true. That's just conjecture. I'm not sure there's much scientific evidence that gender roles are biologically hardwired into people. Societies may use biology as a justification for gender roles (which vary a great deal from culture to culture; more than you'd expect if it was primarily biological) but that doesn't mean they're directly caused by biology.

Tags
men, power