Go Back   Anime Forum > General Anime/Manga & Cosplay > General Anime topics

General Anime topics Anime topics, like: What is the most violent anime etc. ( COSPLAY SUBFORUM )

Unread 09-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Resting SupermodResting Senior mod Exp'
Flightleader Dragon

Points: 48,683, Level: 100 Points: 48,683, Level: 100 Points: 48,683, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via MSN to +Masamune+ Send a message via Skype™ to +Masamune+
Default Re: Anime news

The full Dubbed episodes of Higurashi no naku koro ni(First Season) is out as a DVD box set now
i still prefer subs though

"Tell me what you cherish the most, give me the pleasure of taking it away."
Unread 10-01-2009, 01:45 AM
Magic Clan
OC Guild
Resting Senior Section Leader Mod
Master Mage

Points: 47,856, Level: 100 Points: 47,856, Level: 100 Points: 47,856, Level: 100
Asamoya Has shown honour and chivalryAsamoya Has shown honour and chivalryAsamoya Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via AIM to Asamoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasamuneSephiroth View Post
The full Dubbed episodes of Higurashi no naku koro ni(First Season) is out as a DVD box set now
i still prefer subs though
Lol, I bought it too! I had most of it but I gave it to a friend because the box set was more gory! XD

Inuyasha Kanketsu-hen trailers were posted today on the Shonen Sunday website.
Looks good!
Unread 10-01-2009, 01:52 AM
Resting SupermodResting Senior mod Exp'
Flightleader Dragon

Points: 48,683, Level: 100 Points: 48,683, Level: 100 Points: 48,683, Level: 100
+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via MSN to +Masamune+ Send a message via Skype™ to +Masamune+

i dont think i will make the deadline for inuyasha for the manga -__- im only on 231

"Tell me what you cherish the most, give me the pleasure of taking it away."
Unread 10-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Resting Supermod
OC Guild 1
Grandmaster Mage

Points: 76,627, Level: 100 Points: 76,627, Level: 100 Points: 76,627, Level: 100
GohanMaster has a spectacular aura about themGohanMaster has a spectacular aura about themGohanMaster has a spectacular aura about themGohanMaster has a spectacular aura about themGohanMaster has a spectacular aura about them

If any one has any anime news they would like to share, please post it in here

Maybe you're the reason why all the doors are closed.
So you could open one that leads you to the perfect road.
Like a lightning bolt, your heart will blow.
And when it's time, you'll know.

Link: Feel free to click and watch this special link

Unread 10-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Blogger
Super donator
Guardian Dragon
ADMIN
Representatives Leader

Points: 121,244, Level: 100 Points: 121,244, Level: 100 Points: 121,244, Level: 100
Dragonlady is a splendid one to beholdDragonlady is a splendid one to beholdDragonlady is a splendid one to beholdDragonlady is a splendid one to beholdDragonlady is a splendid one to beholdDragonlady is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragonlady Send a message via MSN to Dragonlady Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonlady Send a message via Skype™ to Dragonlady

Controversial 'Anime Hall of Fame' Officially Canceled
on 2009-10-03 01:14 EDT

The Japanese government has officially cancelled its plans to build the proposed national media arts center — better known by its nickname, the "anime hall of fame" — on Thursday. Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Tatsuo Kawabata comfirmed his previously stated intent when he said, "We've decided not to build an animation facility after reviewing the supplementary budget for the fiscal year through March." Under the leadership of Yukio Hatoyama, Kawabata's Democratic Party of Japan (DPJ) removed the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) from power for only the second time in 54 years.

The LDP had been planning the 11.7-billion-yen (about US$123-million) center as a place to exhibit anime, manga, films, and other forms of culture. However, back in May, Hatoyama called the center a "national manga kissaten (café)" and criticized it as a bureaucracy created for the interests of Tarō Asō, the man that Hatoyama replaced as Prime Minister. Asō argued that the center's plans actually predate his administration, but he also said that it would promote his larger proposal to use his country's "soft power" in anime, manga, and similar areas of culture to create jobs and reverse the economic downturn.

Even manga creators and animators were divided on the issue of the National Media Arts Center. The center's backers included Revolutionary Girl Utena creator Chiho Saito and Pokémon producer Tsunekazu Ishihara, while Gundam creator Yoshiyuki Tomino and character designer Yoshikazu Yasuhiko publicly criticized the plans.

Source: The Japan Times
Unread 10-20-2009, 01:50 AM

swordswoman
Blogger
Super donator
OC Guild 4
RPG'er
KING

Points: 209,630, Level: 100 Points: 209,630, Level: 100 Points: 209,630, Level: 100
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%
Saber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Saber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
Controversial 'Anime Hall of Fame' Officially Canceled
on 2009-10-03 01:14 EDT

The Japanese government has officially cancelled its plans to build the proposed national media arts center — better known by its nickname, the "anime hall of fame" — on Thursday. Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Tatsuo Kawabata comfirmed his previously stated intent when he said, "We've decided not to build an animation facility after reviewing the supplementary budget for the fiscal year through March." Under the leadership of Yukio Hatoyama, Kawabata's Democratic Party of Japan (DPJ) removed the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) from power for only the second time in 54 years.

The LDP had been planning the 11.7-billion-yen (about US$123-million) center as a place to exhibit anime, manga, films, and other forms of culture. However, back in May, Hatoyama called the center a "national manga kissaten (café)" and criticized it as a bureaucracy created for the interests of Tarō Asō, the man that Hatoyama replaced as Prime Minister. Asō argued that the center's plans actually predate his administration, but he also said that it would promote his larger proposal to use his country's "soft power" in anime, manga, and similar areas of culture to create jobs and reverse the economic downturn.

Even manga creators and animators were divided on the issue of the National Media Arts Center. The center's backers included Revolutionary Girl Utena creator Chiho Saito and Pokémon producer Tsunekazu Ishihara, while Gundam creator Yoshiyuki Tomino and character designer Yoshikazu Yasuhiko publicly criticized the plans.

Source: The Japan Times
This was very interesting news. I think it would have been an excellent way to promote the industry. If you have no venue maybe an industry like anime will thrive but it will not make that extra special leap into immortality. I mean where would the black and white movies be if it wasnt for the cinemas that showed them in the early days.

Unread 10-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Magic Clan
OC Guild
Resting Senior Section Leader Mod
Master Mage

Points: 47,856, Level: 100 Points: 47,856, Level: 100 Points: 47,856, Level: 100
Asamoya Has shown honour and chivalryAsamoya Has shown honour and chivalryAsamoya Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via AIM to Asamoya

Ryukishi07's (The creator of Higurashi and Umineko) best friend and scriptor, BT, has passed away on July 10th. Here is Ryukishi07's translated blog post:

"Today, I have some very sad news to report.

On July 10 of this year.
BT passed away due to an illness.

I decided to wait for the character poll, made possible by all of those volunteers, to finish before making this announcement.
After all, it was an event which BT poured all of his heart and soul into.
Now that it has passed smoothly, I feel that it's right time to make this announcement, and I sincerely apologize for not explaining his long absence previously...

He was not only my very best friend, but also my very first reader.
I wrote both Higurashi and Umineko because I wanted to surprise him.

During the several months that passed since that day.
I forgot the joy of writing.

However, I know better than anyone else that if I stop writing because of him, he would be the most sad.
So I must write.
But he will no longer read it.

I think I'll use today as a chance to set my heart back to square one.
No, perhaps it's just the same as always.
I think I'll start writing again for him to read.

BT left behind more than his heart and feelings.
The debug system he frequently remodeled is now an essential part of the way we complete these complicated productions in such a short period of time.
We'll use that system in the upcoming crunch time...no, we'll probably keep on using it forever.

I plan to continue working on these along with him forever.

To all of you who socialized with BT at special events, thank you very much.
He truly treasured all the unique gifts given to him, and he always had them arranged by his side.
Also, he said that he enjoyed socializing with you more than anything else, and he would always participate in doujin events no matter how busy he was.

I am deeply grateful to all of our fans.
Thank you very much.

BT, thanks so much.
If I hadn't met you, I wouldn't be who I am today.

So, if I stop writing, it will be as though I never met you...
So, I'll grit my teeth and write.
As I remember what you taught me."
Unread 10-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Banned

Callum is on a distinguished road

Did any one post about Shin Chan creator passing away?
Unread 10-25-2009, 04:12 AM
Citizen: Magic Clan.
Resting Mod
Expert Mage

Points: 37,626, Level: 100 Points: 37,626, Level: 100 Points: 37,626, Level: 100
~Shana~ has shown loyalty and contrubuted~Shana~ has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via MSN to ~Shana~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Shana~

I posted that. It was really shocking news.

EDIT:

SHUGO CHARA IS ENDING

The January issue of Kodansha's Nakayoshi magazine is confirming on Tuesday that the Peach-Pit manga duo are ending their Shugo Chara! magical girl manga in the next issue on December 28.

Del Rey will publish the eighth of the 10 current volumes of the manga in North America in January. The Crunchyroll website has been streaming the television anime adaptation, and it has also been simulcasting its Shugo Chara!! Doki— sequel. ANN is hosting the videos as well.

Last edited by ~Shana~; 11-30-2009 at 05:31 AM.
Unread 12-30-2009, 02:58 AM

swordswoman
Blogger
Super donator
OC Guild 4
RPG'er
KING

Points: 209,630, Level: 100 Points: 209,630, Level: 100 Points: 209,630, Level: 100
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%
Saber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Saber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shana~ View Post
I posted that. It was really shocking news.

EDIT:

SHUGO CHARA IS ENDING

The January issue of Kodansha's Nakayoshi magazine is confirming on Tuesday that the Peach-Pit manga duo are ending their Shugo Chara! magical girl manga in the next issue on December 28.

Del Rey will publish the eighth of the 10 current volumes of the manga in North America in January. The Crunchyroll website has been streaming the television anime adaptation, and it has also been simulcasting its Shugo Chara!! Doki— sequel. ANN is hosting the videos as well.
Aw thats sad news that it is ending. I love this anime.I guess I will have to start at the beginning of the manga and the anime and make it like its a new series. Its quite long so it would be fun to do that. I find with good animes you always see something different and learn something new in the storyline or between the characters.
Thanks for this Shana.

Tags
anime, anime news, manga, manga news, news