Go Back   Anime Forum > Extended Discussion > Extended Discussion and Debate forums > Philosophical Discussion

Unread 05-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Resting Mod
Warrior

Points: 9,970, Level: 69 Points: 9,970, Level: 69 Points: 9,970, Level: 69
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
DustPebbles has shown loyalty and contrubutedDustPebbles has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via MSN to DustPebbles Send a message via Yahoo to DustPebbles
Default Re: Why the heck are humans addicted to anger and hate?

As always, it's an issue of balance of things, anger and love. One defines the other.

Hating something does not necessarily mean that it's bad. It could be that someone's only stating their opinion towards something. What matters is how we release 'hate'.

Those who take drastic actions such as taking lives or harming others give the connotation of badness, not anger itself. I mean one can hate a fruit and it won't change the way the world revolves around the sun or how others lead their lives. It's just a feeling of releasing frustration to get satisfaction by saying/expressing what you feel.

Besides, we use the word 'hate' excessively. I think it's a 'dislike' most of the time, but we humans LOVE to generalise things.
Unread 05-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Baned Spambot

Points: 5,804, Level: 52 Points: 5,804, Level: 52 Points: 5,804, Level: 52
The Nazi is an unknown quantity at this point

I know why I'm addicted to it - it's fun as hell.

And I'm pretty sure a lot of others agree.
Unread 05-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Royal Clan
Resting Supermod
Sir. Tupac - the Valiant
Knight At Arms

Points: 76,954, Level: 100 Points: 76,954, Level: 100 Points: 76,954, Level: 100
tupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of light

It is certainly easier to hate somone and get angry rather than be patient and relate.
Humans are impulsive creatures.
In the news,bad news sells better than good ones,thats an undeniable fact.The headlines and front pages nowadays are usually about negative stuff.Murder,some sort of criminal thats been caught or the political situation in Thailand.
Why do they sell better,i do have a theory though about its a bit nihilistic but here goes,people like to hear bad news because they find a little comfort in knowing that others lives are more messed up than theirs.Misery finds company.

Set by Shanks
죽음은 고통에서 내 릴리즈 될 것입니다

Unread 06-10-2010, 05:09 AM
Citizen: Magic Clan.
Adept Mage

Points: 9,254, Level: 66 Points: 9,254, Level: 66 Points: 9,254, Level: 66
Rika Furude has shown loyalty and contrubutedRika Furude has shown loyalty and contrubuted

I think its not that we are addicted to hate and anger.To me its more like in certain situations its easily to hate or get angry then be patient.

There are times when our emotions gets the better of us and we display the uglier side to our human nature that we usually keep supressed.

Unread 06-12-2010, 08:02 AM

Points: 3,280, Level: 37 Points: 3,280, Level: 37 Points: 3,280, Level: 37
IceMelody is on a distinguished road

Addicted to anger? Well, I don't think anyone would get angry for no reason unless another person provoked him/her. Anger and Hatred exists because living-things exist, without things that have a life, how can anyone get angry? =/

Well, now I don't understand what I wrote now.
Unread 06-14-2010, 04:11 PM

Points: 3,078, Level: 36 Points: 3,078, Level: 36 Points: 3,078, Level: 36
loaxe is on a distinguished road

IMO people are 'addicted' to anger and hate because it's interesting. I mean in your post you mentioned about newspapers only mentioning 'outrage after outrage'. Though it's a cruel truth, people would be more interested in reading about something like that rather then someone doing a good deed. Also the media only shows those types of stories, and what the media sees, the people see (vice versa).

People are 'addicted' to hate and anger because it's instinct. For example, people naturally see everything from their point of view; if person A goes against a moral belief of person B then B would perceive that A was wrong, therefore A is ignorant and stubborn. Either of which can lead to person B getting angry at A.

Rather then hating or being angered it's easier to love and accept, but naturally humans are always on guard about these things. Our minds are complicated, thus chosing a complicated path.
Unread 07-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Citizen

Points: 5,848, Level: 52 Points: 5,848, Level: 52 Points: 5,848, Level: 52
Shanks115 has shown loyalty and contrubutedShanks115 has shown loyalty and contrubuted

Its easier to hate and be angry than to love and be accepting.Its more interesting to hear person A butting heads with person B rather than Person A loves person B.The news overglorifies what is categorized as front page material,the hatred and anger of certain people.Murder makes great headlines and a riot makes the primetime news.Its hard to deny that we like hear such things.
Unread 07-04-2010, 05:22 AM
Archived

Points: 4,371, Level: 44 Points: 4,371, Level: 44 Points: 4,371, Level: 44
Izumi168 is on a distinguished road

Its an evolutionery thing imo, traits driven by sexual and natural selection alike. i don't think addicted is a correct word to use here. Living organism have always been fighting and killing each other even since the origin of life. The reason why you think humans are ''addicted'' to anger or hatred is due to the media. I'm not saying that the media is bad, in fact it opens our eyes to the fact that the world isn't all good and nice. Without the media, we would be living in our own worlds, ignorant of everything. isn't that worse? And yes bad news sells, but personally I do not find it something to worry or bothered about. Bad news is imo more important than good news because only then can we change the world for the better. Ignorance is not bliss.
Unread 07-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Citizen: Dragon Clan.
Resting Mod
Youngling Dragon

Points: 9,361, Level: 67 Points: 9,361, Level: 67 Points: 9,361, Level: 67
The Grindel Katinka has shown loyalty and contrubutedThe Grindel Katinka has shown loyalty and contrubuted

From a perspective point of view humans suffer from a variety of disorders not classified or even found in the animal kingdom. With higher sentience comes higher understanding and of course, higher levels of emotion.

Emotion in and of itself is nothing singular to humanity as animals can express basic moods and understanding. A dog for instance can express that it understands the command sit by following the order and it can express joy when you come home by licking your face.

On the same tack animals do not understand greed or envy which we humans do. Animals have no concept of murder, good or evil either. They understand want and need and to an extent basic emotion and even empathy. Ideally, humans have a much more vast capacity for emotion, help, and harm to everything around them.

The biggest reason the media glorifies death and destruction is to remind the masses "this could have been you" and keep the general populace on their toes and keep the citizens from becoming complacent. Complacency brings indulgence and indulgence brings greed and so on and so forth in a vicious spiraling cycle until nobody cares about what they have.

As an example I'll use one of my best friends.

Much like my friend Mikey who was shot four times during an armed robbery while trying to save the lives of his friends; people find it easier to take than to give. He was almost killed in the robbery and the life he almost gave is something not many would offer in the same instance. The gunman however had no qualms with simply trying to take Mikey's life for the sake of convenience. My friend got no limelight or glory. Instead, the people who commented on the online news stories vilified him and his friends saying they had it coming for having nice things that other people would want to take.

It stems from the vast array of emotions humans are capable of. Like animals we want things we like and it is an easy way out to simply take them. A dog who wants another dog's bone will fight the other dog over it. Humans seem to be devolving back into that mindset more than ever in the present day. Seeing as the human brain has evolved in layers over the more basic functions it isn't really surprising that we as a race seem to be going back to basics.

In closing, it is easier to hate than to love and easier to take than to give.

(sorry for the massive post guys ^^;)

You got a job- I ain't got one, you got a wad- I got a shotgun, You got a guard- I got a squad, you here to work and I'm here to ROB~ Tech N9ne
Unread 07-10-2010, 03:34 AM
Citizen

Points: 5,421, Level: 50 Points: 5,421, Level: 50 Points: 5,421, Level: 50
animeluver2003 is on a distinguished road

It's probably because that's how many of us learn to survive...to live with our lives..When We or when people suffer...the fortunate ones tend to look let go and move one..but many others are confined by the past and unable to move on..to a point where they can no longer see any good only the ugliness...the hate and anger is all that fill their eyes...sadly its the only way they can express themselves...protect themselves...they fear if they start to see the good...or look to the bright side....to have faith..nd belive in something or someone again...that one day they will lose it...So instead of getting hurt once again..they keep to themselves..and let anger and hate consume them....its a means to live for them...

Then again..its different for many ppl...

SO Ill Continue TO WALk....EvnIfALone...