Go Back   Anime Forum > Extended Discussion > Extended Discussion and Debate forums > Philosophical Discussion

Unread 05-04-2016, 02:35 PM

Points: 1,188, Level: 19 Points: 1,188, Level: 19 Points: 1,188, Level: 19
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
MADKuroko will become famous soon enough
Post Your Opinion: Does real friends exist?

Does real friends exist?

There are different levels of friendship that aren't really obvious on the surface. It's only when you reach to a point when you needed help from your friends so you know who is being true to you. I used to have friends that are close to me like my family. But those things didn't last forever as I was isolated with a misunderstanding. My once so called "brothers" had left me because I didn't spend enough time with them even though I did everyday after school. The thing is that, does real friends really exist? Do real friends only need you when they need you? I can't differentiate between a real and a fake friend.

Isolation is never a fun thing to have.
Unread 05-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Royal Subject

Points: 2,500, Level: 32 Points: 2,500, Level: 32 Points: 2,500, Level: 32
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
KD7BWB has shown loyalty and contrubutedKD7BWB has shown loyalty and contrubuted

No longer available

Last edited by KD7BWB; 03-30-2017 at 03:18 AM.
Unread 09-25-2016, 05:13 PM
Senior Mod Exp
Knight

Points: 14,700, Level: 83 Points: 14,700, Level: 83 Points: 14,700, Level: 83
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
Elementalkatana has a spectacular aura about themElementalkatana has a spectacular aura about themElementalkatana has a spectacular aura about themElementalkatana has a spectacular aura about them
Default Re: Your Opinion: Does real friends exist?

1. Does real friends really exist?
If you really believe that, so ... yeah, they exist. It is hard to believe in a good people's character . Some kindnesses actually have another intention to be made. That can let us very confused.

2. Can you find a true friend among the crowd?
Maybe so, but if you not find, so be yourself this true friend, be that friend whom you are searching. Show or teach to everyone.What keeps you from being this true friend?

3. Do real friends only need you when they need you?
Sometimes friends remember things that only a person could do it in a best way. So they appears and ask for help because you are best on do that. Not because he/she is not a good friend or selfish, but because he/she followed different path than you imagined before. No life is attached to another life. And remember, he/she do not forget you completely, that is an incredible honor, so does not cause disappointment.

4. I can't differentiate between a real and a fake friend.

Yes, you can. You just need to look with heart and listen yourself. So you will see that fake friends make you cry, they don't like you, their action are evil to your wellfare. These are fake friends, these are people who do not let you evolve in life.

" God's in his heaven. All's right with the world " - Nerv Slogan
Unread 09-26-2016, 10:16 AM
Senior Moderator Experience

Community Mod
Great Wyvern

Points: 8,203, Level: 63 Points: 8,203, Level: 63 Points: 8,203, Level: 63
Activity: 56%
Activity: 56% Activity: 56% Activity: 56%
lio-sama Has shown honour and chivalrylio-sama Has shown honour and chivalrylio-sama Has shown honour and chivalrylio-sama Has shown honour and chivalry

I have to say, I'm not sure I have a few friends from high school and all, but we don't spend so much time together and I think it's healthy for a relationship between friends. Now I've started university and I've gotten to know a few people but I'm a bit sad because they don't feel real and It's unpleasant to feel like that. But I'd like to believe real friend exist.

Half dog demons: Lio-sama, dorkycats, SPINAL133
Unread 09-28-2016, 03:36 PM
Super donator
Fighter
Citizen Representative

Points: 26,768, Level: 100 Points: 26,768, Level: 100 Points: 26,768, Level: 100
Activity: 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
NightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalry

True fiends may exist in some peoples lives, but not mine. I used to believe in true friendship and honestly believed that over the years I had made a few true fiends, but I was sadly mistaken.

I am a sucker when it comes to friends, I ask nothing except a shoulder to cry on when I'm down, on the other hand I have given 100% to any friend I have ever had ... money, emotional support, trust and above all, loyalty, but now they have all gone and all that's left is deep bitterness. On every occasion when I suffered hard times over the years, without exception my so called friends ditched me. The only true friend I ever had is my mother, but she is now 83 and in a nursing home, suffering from dementia and Parkinson's disease, I did however become her carer for 6 years after my father died, but now, not even she is capable of returning my love and friendship.

The same can be said for internet friends, I do not hear anymore from cyber friends who, over many years, I developed close ties with. I supported their sites, made promotional videos for them and donated much time and money. I have no clue how to make contact with them but they all know I have a Youtube account, yet not a word from any of them! (If you ever read this Kate, Alex, Andy, Lisa etc ... thanks for nothing ... when the chips were down you just simply walked away without so much as a goodbye or thank you) .. am I bitter? ... you bet I am!!

Like most forums AF has a system of sending 'Friend requests' and I have sent quite a few, but not for karma or rep power, I genuinely like everyone I have contacted on this site, but call me a cynic ... I think the term 'friend request' should be re named 'temporary acquaintance request'

Make no mistake, after a lifetime of losing and being used by every friend I ever had I choose to be a loner, it's safer that way,

No! true friendship is not a reality for me and at 63 I have given up hope of ever finding it, the closest I will ever get is the unrequited love I have for certain anime characters, they don't pretend to return my friendship, but, safely ensconced on my hard drives they are always there for me and never let me down, even when their season has ended!
Unread 02-19-2017, 12:12 PM
Senior Moderator Section Leader

Points: 4,141, Level: 43 Points: 4,141, Level: 43 Points: 4,141, Level: 43
Activity: 92%
Activity: 92% Activity: 92% Activity: 92%
Superior Has shown honour and chivalrySuperior Has shown honour and chivalrySuperior Has shown honour and chivalrySuperior Has shown honour and chivalry

1. Does real friends really exist?
They certainly do.

2. Can you find a true friend among the crowd?
It's possible, just more difficult.

3. Do real friends only need you when they need you?
If they know you're good at something and ask you for assistance, I don't see why not.

4. I can't differentiate between a real and a fake friend.
Yes you can, fake friends are never around when things get difficult or you need help, a real friend usually would be.