Go Back   Anime Forum > Extended Discussion > Extended Discussion and Debate forums > Philosophical Discussion

Unread 08-23-2011, 03:55 PM

Points: 3,497, Level: 38 Points: 3,497, Level: 38 Points: 3,497, Level: 38
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Kaibusu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why does love hurt?

when its love you will "give your heart away" place it in their hands to protect it or destroy it. I've had mine destroyed but at the moment...its being protected again, picked right back up. Yet sometimes I still think about and miss the one i once loved, i realized she betrayed me and that i don't need her. Love hurts because you put all your trust into that person, and they can take it or break it.
Unread 08-28-2011, 12:58 AM
Banned

LoopyPanda is infamous around these partsLoopyPanda is infamous around these parts

Love hurts because it's like you lost a family member. But if you're cheated on by your signifigant other, than it hurts because they basically threw apart the love and part of yourself you gave to them. Like they literally stabbed you in the back.
Unread 09-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Wyrm Dragon

Points: 9,247, Level: 66 Points: 9,247, Level: 66 Points: 9,247, Level: 66
Merixcil will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Merixcil Send a message via Skype™ to Merixcil

Love doesn't hurt, having love taken away from you hurts. To be that open with someone and to feel that they are the answer to all your problems, only to find that they're able to walk away? No wonder it hurts us
Unread 09-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Citizen

Points: 12,892, Level: 78 Points: 12,892, Level: 78 Points: 12,892, Level: 78
A.C. ShAdoW will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to A.C. ShAdoW

Well for me personally it hurts because love makes you do stupid things. Yes i know it a common phrase use but it true. I see in a few friends of mine relationship where they are willing to a few blows just to keep the special some1 safe.

But majority feel actual emotional pain over physical pain through love. Well we feel this really since when we in are love, we give so much passion, joy and overall expression into what we do and say. Love is kinda this space that fills the empty void that most of us have.

So what i'm saying is, love hurts when we break up/ or move on etc, since metaphorically we are losing a part of us and left with a sheer emptiness. All that emotion we have just disappearing would obviously hurt us. But how we cope , will ultimately depend how much love truly hurts.

LiVe UR LiFe To ItS FuLl ExTeNd As U, "OnLy HaVe 1 ShOt Of LiFe"NeVeR GiVe Up In Ur DrEaM. Be StRoNg
Unread 09-19-2011, 11:57 PM
Citizen

Points: 7,482, Level: 60 Points: 7,482, Level: 60 Points: 7,482, Level: 60
xXAsbelXx is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to xXAsbelXx Send a message via Yahoo to xXAsbelXx Send a message via Skype™ to xXAsbelXx

It's one of those things when you begin to get closer and closer, it's just not meant to be sometimes. I'm not so sure how else to put it.
Unread 09-20-2011, 08:43 PM

Points: 3,497, Level: 38 Points: 3,497, Level: 38 Points: 3,497, Level: 38
Kaibusu is on a distinguished road

love hurts because you give your heart to that person you love and they can either take care of it or mash it up (metaphorically). love makes you trust people which can lead to hurt if they use your trust against you. It'll always hurt until you meet that person your meant to finally be with, maybe it'll hurt a little after that with fights and stuff but it'll hurt way less
Unread 09-21-2011, 02:12 AM
Citizen

Points: 86,942, Level: 100 Points: 86,942, Level: 100 Points: 86,942, Level: 100
~Sukichu~ has a spectacular aura about them~Sukichu~ has a spectacular aura about them~Sukichu~ has a spectacular aura about them~Sukichu~ has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Sukichu~

I personally think it's because you open up to someone and they either use it to their own advantage against you or they don't really have the same feelings that you do. It's bound to happen no matter how much you try and avoid it. You just have to see to it that you make it through and tell yourself that you gave it your best shot and you'll find the right person for you later on in life.
Unread 09-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Resting Senior mod
Super donator
Fire breathing Dragon

Points: 44,412, Level: 100 Points: 44,412, Level: 100 Points: 44,412, Level: 100
WZRD Has shown honour and chivalryWZRD Has shown honour and chivalryWZRD Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via Skype™ to WZRD

Love hurts because you're entrusting someone with your most intimate feelings. Leaving you vulnerable to hurt if they break that trust.

GRAPHICS | TUTORIALS | REQUESTS

Last edited by WZRD; 09-25-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: added
Unread 04-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Senior Mod Exp
Knight

Points: 14,700, Level: 83 Points: 14,700, Level: 83 Points: 14,700, Level: 83
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
Elementalkatana has a spectacular aura about themElementalkatana has a spectacular aura about themElementalkatana has a spectacular aura about themElementalkatana has a spectacular aura about them

Love does not mean you do not feel any pain. Unfortunately this is true.

Love reflects in different ways and actions for each of us. So each one has its way to show it and suffer too.

If we were to define it, we could say basically a simplified way that love is the union of various feelings such as affection, compassion, giving, understanding, loyalty, sincerity, and among others, also would have the opposite as hate , obsession, selfishness, jealousy and so on. Well, in conclusion, love does not necessarily mean you will feel good or just good things.

Love is the strongest feeling but it is also the most destructive. And by it be so wonderful, love carries the pain intensity as penitence or even punishment, for we feel something so unexpectedly strong.

And in the end, we must admit that crying for the end of love is something sad or bad, but can feel it really is incredibly wonderful. Or, we would not have so many people falling in love with the world even today.

" God's in his heaven. All's right with the world " - Nerv Slogan
Unread 04-09-2012, 03:39 AM
Citizen

Points: 5,960, Level: 53 Points: 5,960, Level: 53 Points: 5,960, Level: 53
dxs925 is on a distinguished road

Love is a gray topic, its very subjective, so everyone has different experiences and approaches to it.

This emotion goes back to the very fabric of who and what humans are. Extremely social creatures, where love and affection are needed for feeding the psyche feelings of selfworth and drive to find a love partner for life, and procreation follows.

Lets look at this from a psychological angle. Humans have this concept where if something works, don't change it. So...we hate change right? We being the social creatures that we are, lets say for example Guy meets Girl. Guy pursues Girl. Girl says oh what the hell, I'll give Guy a shot, he's cute and not psycho. Guy and Girl fall in love, for something like a year. All is good and everyday they text and call each other and spend lots of time together. Then one day, Guy forgets to call Girl, Girl gets angry. Guy says what the hell, it was only this one time. Guy is less in love and put off. Guy meets a New-Girl at work. Guy doesn't advance on New-Girl but New-Girl is 20x better than Girl...Girl calls Guy more and more. Guy gets annoyed from Girl. Guy finally breaks and says its over. Girl is devastated...in this hypothetical scenario Love Hurts....what happened?

Well, because Guy and Girl were in love and it was working so well for awhile the Girl was so accustomed to the affection and fluidity of the relationship that when one little thing was off, she flipped and was way to aggressive. This put the Guy off, he's still in love but another beautiful creature appears to show him that it might not be worth the stress. Such is life...
The Girl is crushed that the change occurred, no more calls from him, no more moments of affection. That's when it hurts, when it sinks in that you won't be able to feel those kinds of emotions or share those kinds of experiences with that person that you're soo accustomed to.