Go Back   Anime Forum > Extended Discussion > Extended Discussion and Debate forums > Philosophical Discussion

Unread 09-12-2016, 12:16 PM
Super donator
Fighter
Citizen Representative

Points: 26,768, Level: 100 Points: 26,768, Level: 100 Points: 26,768, Level: 100
Activity: 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
NightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalry
Default Re: Why does love hurt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboy30 View Post
What did you sue for??
I sued for custody, my ex was inviting all kinds of men into her home and she was beaten up twice and my 7 year son was also beaten by one of the so called lovers. The judge had no hesitation in giving me custody,

This is why I say love hurts, it broke my heart to see my son with scars across his backside ... but I guess the pain we both felt gave me the final victory, however, it was not a total victory for my son who needed to be separated from his mother (whom he still loved) ... he is now 36 years old and although he is happily married with 3 kids of his own, he still needs counseling.

Yes love hurts!!!
Unread 02-19-2017, 12:15 PM
Senior Moderator Section Leader

Points: 4,159, Level: 43 Points: 4,159, Level: 43 Points: 4,159, Level: 43
Activity: 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
Superior Has shown honour and chivalrySuperior Has shown honour and chivalrySuperior Has shown honour and chivalrySuperior Has shown honour and chivalry

It does hurt, but I've always tried to learn from that pain and move on. If it was an incredible painful, there's some level of joy to be found there for getting to experience something good enough to hurt so much, in some situations anyway.
Unread 02-24-2017, 07:26 AM
Citizen

Points: 2,189, Level: 29 Points: 2,189, Level: 29 Points: 2,189, Level: 29
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
TrevorPhillips is an unknown quantity at this point

Being happily married myself i can say beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Love only hurts if youre too childish and/or immature to handle love.

Thats not to say its not all perfect love all the time. Its how you handle the bumps in the road that determine if it hurts or not.

The adult thing to do is suck it up and deal with your partners shortcomings misgivings and general crap.
The childish thing to do is to sit there and wallow in piss and tears and pity and wait for things to get better or fall apart completely.
Unread 02-26-2017, 02:18 PM
Citizen
OC Guild 1
RPG'er

Points: 6,466, Level: 55 Points: 6,466, Level: 55 Points: 6,466, Level: 55
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
MissDark has shown loyalty and contrubutedMissDark has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via Yahoo to MissDark

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAl AmV View Post
I sued for custody, my ex was inviting all kinds of men into her home and she was beaten up twice and my 7 year son was also beaten by one of the so called lovers. The judge had no hesitation in giving me custody,

This is why I say love hurts, it broke my heart to see my son with scars across his backside ... but I guess the pain we both felt gave me the final victory, however, it was not a total victory for my son who needed to be separated from his mother (whom he still loved) ... he is now 36 years old and although he is happily married with 3 kids of his own, he still needs counseling.

Yes love hurts!!!
I am so sorry to hear you and your son had to go through all these. I can't say everything will be alright. Scars will remain but I know both of you have survived through it. I wish you a happy life ahead.
Unread 05-15-2018, 10:54 PM

swordswoman
Blogger
Super donator
OC Guild 4
RPG'er
KING

Points: 222,813, Level: 100 Points: 222,813, Level: 100 Points: 222,813, Level: 100
Activity: 72%
Activity: 72% Activity: 72% Activity: 72%
Saber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Saber

I think love hurts because we expose our inner self when we fall in love. And this phase bares our emotions and leads to vunerability. This can cause personal pain.

Unread 09-28-2018, 05:52 PM

Points: 2,524, Level: 32 Points: 2,524, Level: 32 Points: 2,524, Level: 32
Activity: 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
Kakashi Hatake is on a distinguished road

To yearn for things we want and not being able to grasp it. Including love. It hurts to break away from someone who you have spent a lot of valuable time with. Physically, emotionally and mentally. Humans yearn for companionship.
Unread 10-04-2018, 12:06 AM

swordswoman
Blogger
Super donator
OC Guild 4
RPG'er
KING

Points: 222,813, Level: 100 Points: 222,813, Level: 100 Points: 222,813, Level: 100
Saber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to behold

I have tried to break away from letting emotions of loving someone tear me up and disturb me so much I cannot think calmly. The hurt is something that feels physically painful even though it is just emotions. I am trying to create safe time to be emotional and out of control by loving someone. So that I at least have a time to express the emotions and not squash them down. If you squash them down it messes up your body and mind and ultimately your spirit.
If we did not have pain at the losing of someone precious we would not know how precious that person was to us.

Unread 10-13-2018, 04:34 AM
Senior Mod Exp
Resting Supermod
OC Guild 1
Grandmaster Mage

Points: 88,123, Level: 100 Points: 88,123, Level: 100 Points: 88,123, Level: 100
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
GohanMaster is a glorious beacon of lightGohanMaster is a glorious beacon of lightGohanMaster is a glorious beacon of lightGohanMaster is a glorious beacon of lightGohanMaster is a glorious beacon of light

I think it is not "love" that hurts, it is that feeling of not having someone or having that same feeling between two people that hurts.
That feeling of needing someone to hold, to care for, to be there for you.
When people are young, like teenager, they tend to think they "need" to have a relationship.
They think they "need" to find their soulmate in High School or College or else it is to late.
They create this really high expectation of what love is based on what they have seen or experienced in the past with people who might not have been the best suit for them.
One of my friends freshman year in High School crushed on this boy since 7th grade. She finally was able to go out with him, but for no longer then a month.
In that month's time, they have both claimed to love each other. They did everything together, they shared food, held hands, shared cloths, everything. When it was broken off, she was devastated. He broke up with her because she was clingy. She became very depressed and started to self harm. The reason wasn't because of love it's self, it was because she forced those emotions she thought love was on someone who didn't feel the same. It was not love that hurt her, it was her misguided way of what a relationship was that hurt her. Love and a crush are two very different things. I don't believe that everyone experiences love, but I do believe everyone has a soulmate, it will just take time looking.
That's how I feel love is sometime when your young and sometimes desperate.

But I mean, Love works on mysterious ways.

There are other times when it is way more complicated then this.

However, maybe it is I that is misguided. Who is to say I know what love is or why it hurts?

Everyone has there own opinion.

I have not experienced such pain from love itself, but I know people have.

Last edited by GohanMaster; 10-13-2018 at 04:43 AM.
Unread 10-14-2018, 10:24 PM
Site Creator

Points: 386,791, Level: 100 Points: 386,791, Level: 100 Points: 386,791, Level: 100
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%
Ascended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAl AmV View Post

Yes love hurts!!!
Agreed. true love for our children trumps love for others or ourselves. every time. Even animals know and do this. if you are not prioritising your children over your own pleasers or others, your sick and lower than an animal. If that you then **uck you, burn in hell.

in a nutshell , true love hurts because in true love you put others happiness above your own pain.

Please hit my Youtube FSN video link -> Link

RPG charater links - Dark Elf Lord - Fairy Lord

Talking /Thinking

Unread 11-29-2018, 05:44 PM

swordswoman
Blogger
Super donator
OC Guild 4
RPG'er
KING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended Vegeta View Post
Agreed. true love for our children trumps love for others or ourselves. every time. Even animals know and do this. if you are not prioritising your children over your own pleasers or others, your sick and lower than an animal. If that you then **uck you, burn in hell.

in a nutshell , true love hurts because in true love you put others happiness above your own pain.
This is very true to put others happiness above your own pain, and is a very good thing and truly honourable.