Go Back   Anime Forum > Naruto World > Naruto World > Naruto anime

Unread 06-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Veteran member

Points: 52,987, Level: 100 Points: 52,987, Level: 100 Points: 52,987, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Aiyami has shown loyalty and contrubutedAiyami has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Default Re: Dubbed Or Subbed

Okay, I must change my evaluation on subs.

I absolutely love the subs now. My sister and I are still making fun of the Japanese that we heard on the second Inuyasha movie. We've seen the movie in English dub and in sub and we both agree that the sub was better. Because of this moment:

English- Sango. Come into my arms.
Japanese- SAN-GO!

It's over-expressed, and we CRACKED UP.

Another thing, subs are SO DARN EMOTIONAL!!! I watched the episode of Fullmetal, where Al confronts Ed about artificial souls, and I was so close to tears, because those darn Japanese get to you, man. They sneak into your conscience and play with your feels.

One minute your laughing so hard, you feel as if you'll have a heart attack laughing, the next, you're bawling your freaking eyes out, wondering why you were laughing earlier
Best Friends: LoopyPanda Sukichu
Unread 06-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Banned

Indiveren has shown loyalty and contrubutedIndiveren has shown loyalty and contrubuted

even the subs can be wrong at times though, i only know because i kinda caught on to a few words and started to realize that they translated things in a slightly diffrent way. but once i know japanese i will be watching anime in subs (or raw, meaning no subs, all japanese (and quicker to get))
Unread 06-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Citizen

Points: 6,958, Level: 58 Points: 6,958, Level: 58 Points: 6,958, Level: 58
PusoPimp will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to PusoPimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago View Post
I prefer them sounding like grown men, rather than teenage women. XD

Like Initial Lotus into Primary Lotus into Hidden Lotus. It was changed into Primary, Hidden, True Hidden. Loopy Fist pissed me off, but since it wasn't a mistranslation, I didn't count it. Chidori was another one though.

If you can show me a Shippuden translation not handled by Disney XD, I would love to see it. Cause my biggest complaint about it was that it sounded like the lines were forced. They knew the lines didn't fit, so they jammed them in there so they fit.
Hm, I guess you have a point there lol. But I mean I guess when you take like Sasuke for example I mean...12 year old boys just don't sound like that XD. If they made his voice any deeper for Shippuden he would sound like Barry White or something. Oddly Tobi and Madara sound a lot like him XD. If it wasn't so cool sounding I'd have called it ridiculous

So they mistranslated a few attack names huh. Honestly doesn't bother me very much. For loopy fist I don't know just what they were doing with that in the dub I will say that though yes. I mean, I have the uncut DVDs of that and at first Guy and Tsunade still refer to the stuff in Lee's bottle as ''elixir'' but then like 5 minutes later Kimmimaro picked up the bottle, sniffs it and says "Is this...sake. Then...is he?? Well then, it won't hurt when I kill him" or something along those lines. I also recall somebody refferred to suiken, they might have said Drunken fist uncut too...I'll have to double check.

Truthfully clips of it are hard to come by on YouTube that weren't recorded with a camera off someone's TV. There are a few specific parts I'd show Jiraiya's death scene, Orichimaru's backstory flashback from before his fight with Sasuke, or for that matter any clip of Sasuke after he learns the truth about Itachi where it shows him angry. But these are all I can find in the first 5 pages that were after disney that weren't full fights.
Click here to see full text

These are mostly Naruto centered scenes and while improves Maile Flanagan is still sorta....hit and miss in her performance. So these aren't the best clips in the world to support my statement but as I said, they were all I could find. I did arrange them nice in order though

Last edited by PusoPimp; 06-07-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Unread 06-29-2013, 04:44 AM
Banned

Drago will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Drago

My voice was pretty deep at that age. Hell, it might have been deeper.

Rasengan was also called Energy Sphere at first, but that was quickly fixed.

What's funny is that those clips almost prove my point. Hinata's speech, Naruto's speech to Minato, they both sound forced out. It sounds like no emotion is being put into them or exaggerated emotion is. It's not consistent. At least not to me.
Unread 07-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Citizen

That's something there lol. Mine more or less literally changed overnight when I was about 14 XD.

That sounds....odd. Glad they decided not to continue lol.

Yeah, as I said these aren't the best clips in the world to support my point, but that's LITERALLY all I could find in the way of normal clips. Tony Oliver's little Minato speech was the only part I'd say is something of an example of that. There are better examples, Yuri Lowenthal got so much better as Sasuke the perception one has of the character almost changes (from emo kid who can't get over himself and sits in hit room listening to metal cutting himself to sadist who sits in his room cutting squirrels while planning to shoot up his school), Richard Cansino improved a lot as Jiraiya to a point where it really never seemed like he was reading lines anymore and his scenes near the death scene were award worthy if there were still awards for that except fot BTVA (which he did get a nomination in). Kate Higgins got better as Sakura in that she never sounds corny or bad, since they're gonna be releasing the 5 Kage Summit dub next week I'll reserve any verdicts about her for then. Sadly Maile Flannagan REALY doesn't help anyone in scenes like those, but she at least goes through the routine things without coming off as cheesy now. The way she delivered that "Aww c'mon we just peed together" line from the fillers to Sasuke would be great to show the improvements in goofier scenes too. Alas finding any of those is like pulling teeth.
Unread 07-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Banned

Ain't it though? XD Damn. lol

Same here. Hahahaha!

*sigh* I'll just have to start looking them up on YT then and hope that they haven't been removed yet. XD
Unread 07-09-2013, 01:16 AM
(formerly Yuri K) Magic Clan Leader
Queen of Cosplay
Blogger
Lady Of The Lake

Points: 29,430, Level: 100 Points: 29,430, Level: 100 Points: 29,430, Level: 100
Activity: 76%
Activity: 76% Activity: 76% Activity: 76%
Pidge Has AscendedPidge Has AscendedPidge Has AscendedPidge Has AscendedPidge Has AscendedPidge Has Ascended

either dub or sub is good. i just tend to like the dub more because that is what i started watching naruto in dub and i look forward to hearing one of my favorite voice actor in any anime and with naruto as long as it is it has a lot of my favorite voice actors.
Unread 07-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago View Post
Ain't it though? XD Damn. lol

Same here. Hahahaha!

*sigh* I'll just have to start looking them up on YT then and hope that they haven't been removed yet. XD
Yeah...I woke up and was like....WTF??!

Sadly they've removed everything except for a few fights. Even those are kinda edited so the voices are deeper (probably how they duck bots removing them).
Unread 07-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Banned

We both like the dub. We're just disagreeing on which one we like more. I prefer Part 1's dub and Puso prefers Shippuden's dub.

My voice got deeper around 9 years old and kept getting deeper as I got older. Sasuke's dub voice was higher than mine (and higher than his Japanese voice) now that I can remember it.

One YouTuber told me that the bots aim pretty heavily at the tags used. It's their first search criteria, so people avoiding them use different tags than what their video actually is.
Unread 07-16-2013, 05:08 AM
Citizen

Yeah, no version is bad!

9.........dang you're just a walking hormone ain't ya lol.

Yes tags are big, title too. They analyze everything before blocking from what I understand. I've been sorta plugging sources in my description and that's sorta kept them off me for the most part. I'll just say like "Check out Naruto here:" and link to the hulu and crunchyroll and the like and say t watch it on tv or whatever. But making the voices deeper seems to work for some uploaders. No that that's what I upload specifically, there may be different copyrite rules about that.