Go Back   Anime Forum > Extended Discussion > Extended Discussion and Debate forums > Extended Discussion Forum

Extended Discussion Forum Extended Discussion and debate

Unread 07-10-2009, 12:45 AM

swordswoman
Blogger
Super donator
OC Guild 4
RPG'er
KING

Points: 207,399, Level: 100 Points: 207,399, Level: 100 Points: 207,399, Level: 100
Activity: 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%
Saber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Saber
Default do celebrities have a right to the same privacy as me or you?

do celebrities have a right to the same privacy as me or you?

The newspapers in England have just been frowned upon for their latest intrusion into the lives of some celebs and they have got hold of their voice mails and published them. The News of the World is renowned for this sort of thing.
Do you think this comes with the territory if you are a celebrity, so to speak, and do you think its fair as they court the cameras when they want to?

Or do you think they have a right to their privacy as much as you or me, or more so?

Unread 07-10-2009, 01:04 AM

Points: 4,083, Level: 42 Points: 4,083, Level: 42 Points: 4,083, Level: 42
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
strawberry is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to strawberry Send a message via MSN to strawberry
Default Re: do celebrities have a right to the same privacy as me or you?

o i think they definitley should unless they are in public but if they are in their home or the privacy of their phones or schedules are being broadcasted then i think thats wrong
Unread 07-10-2009, 01:16 AM

swordswoman
Blogger
Super donator
OC Guild 4
RPG'er
KING

Points: 207,399, Level: 100 Points: 207,399, Level: 100 Points: 207,399, Level: 100
Activity: 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%
Saber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Saber

I think they should be allowed some privacy because they can agree celebrity time where they are open for the public eye to home in on them.
I do how ever think that they have to be prepared to cope with the pappparazzi trying to track them down for snaps cos thats what people want ,is to see their favourite star unexpectedly.
However I think a line should be drawn when they are trying to check voice mails and people sell on to a newspaper who is in their hotel that week. Because someone pays with their credit card they know who they are, even if they dont recgonise them.Its too much and we lose good people due to the ridiculous pressure they are put under for phots and write ups.

Unread 07-10-2009, 03:43 AM
Resting Supermod
OC Guild 1
Grandmaster Mage

Points: 76,627, Level: 100 Points: 76,627, Level: 100 Points: 76,627, Level: 100
GohanMaster has a spectacular aura about themGohanMaster has a spectacular aura about themGohanMaster has a spectacular aura about themGohanMaster has a spectacular aura about themGohanMaster has a spectacular aura about them

I think that everyone deserves to have there own Privacy, Even celebrities, but to bad that can never happen. When you make a choice to be a celebrity, you better be prepared to feel as if your being stalked by strangers all the time and you better be prepared to see random people who you don't no screaming out your name. If you do not want all of the attenction for random people, don't be a celebrity. Yes it is a bit sad that they can't do anything without being watched or filmed or having there pictures taken, and I do think that they should be able to do there own personal things with out it being displaied on the news rack every morning. People dont rely care, about what happens to who in real life, but if its in the news paper or in a magi zen they get so emotional and its like everyone must no wbout this so called "Important" news of a famous person walking across the street with messy hair. Honostly Some celebrities WANT THIS ATTENTION! Some get married to people they don't like to everyone will no, but some celebrities rely dont like the attention wich causes pressure and stress that makes them do drugs which influences kids and so on. I think I might be getting off topic, so Ima just say People dont deserve to get spyed on all the time, EVERYONE NEEDS space and privacy, dosnt matter who they are, and it dosnt matter why, its something we all need
Unread 07-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Citizen

Points: 7,493, Level: 60 Points: 7,493, Level: 60 Points: 7,493, Level: 60
Pink Bismuth is on a distinguished road

Of course I think they deserve to be left alone whether in public or private and I don't see why people are so interested in the first place. Honestly they are just like everyone else, the only difference is that they are in a line of work that causes them to be well known. It's truly unfair they work to keep us entertained and we repay them by gawking at them like idiots.
Unread 07-23-2009, 11:40 PM
Citizen: Magic Clan.
Resting Mod
Novice Mage

Points: 6,134, Level: 53 Points: 6,134, Level: 53 Points: 6,134, Level: 53
Raven will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Raven

Well, of course they have the right to the same privacy. They are people just like us, right? Of course when you become a star there is a price to pay. In a way though they have to accept that they will have somewhat less privacy, after all they are famous and people won't just go away. I think the paparazzi just goes overboard by a lot.
Unread 07-25-2009, 01:50 AM
Resting SupermodResting Senior mod Exp'
Flightleader Dragon

Points: 48,683, Level: 100 Points: 48,683, Level: 100 Points: 48,683, Level: 100
+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via MSN to +Masamune+ Send a message via Skype™ to +Masamune+

what bothers me is how people are so dead set on bringing a person down after they reach a high point in popularity threw their talents.
They are humans just like me or you, they where just gifted with a talent to help them through life.
To destroy their life with envy is just wrong.

"Tell me what you cherish the most, give me the pleasure of taking it away."
Unread 07-25-2009, 03:24 AM
Royal Clan
Knight At Arms

Points: 7,455, Level: 60 Points: 7,455, Level: 60 Points: 7,455, Level: 60
Ash: the Angel of Battle Has shown honour and chivalryAsh: the Angel of Battle Has shown honour and chivalryAsh: the Angel of Battle Has shown honour and chivalry

I don't get why there's such a huge fuss about the lives of celebrities. I mean they are just like us. Some of us have the same amount of talent they do. They have a right to their privacy just like us too. It's completely stupid. Frankly I don't care what Jet Li does in his spare time, and his one of my favorite action stars. I don't know why people think that their lives are any different from ours.

To do these things completely is to attain the ultimate...
Unread 07-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Citizen
Resting Senior Section Leader Mod

Points: 26,297, Level: 100 Points: 26,297, Level: 100 Points: 26,297, Level: 100
wevenger has shown loyalty and contrubutedwevenger has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via Yahoo to wevenger

All of us needs privacy.. Like your secrets, it is considered as a private thing.. Celebrities need privacy. And those paparazzi should respect the celebrities to have privacy. We all deserves our own privacy..
Unread 07-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Super donator
Sir. Stahlie: The Protector
Knight At Arms

Points: 27,117, Level: 100 Points: 27,117, Level: 100 Points: 27,117, Level: 100
stahlie Has shown honour and chivalrystahlie Has shown honour and chivalrystahlie Has shown honour and chivalry

Today's paparazzi resembles a Piranha more than a journalist- jouno's had a rule of thumb they followed concerning celeb's and particularly their family members. Today it seems there is no sense of fair play on their part.

I think you DO surrender some privacy by becoming a public figure. But hounding them at camera-point 24/7 is just harassment. I had to deal with overzealous paparazzi in my role as a cop- I locked up more than one for trespass and disturbing the peace. ( I was a New York area cop, so yeah there were celebs around.) They were so focussed on their 'prey' they would still be shooting pics while I was trying to take them into custody.... just crazy!

Last edited by stahlie; 12-11-2009 at 12:28 PM.

Tags
celebrities, newspapers, privacy rights, saber