Go Back   Anime Forum > Extended Discussion > Extended Discussion and Debate forums > Extended Discussion Forum

Extended Discussion Forum Extended Discussion and debate

Unread 12-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Citizen: Magic Clan.
Resting Mod
Expert Mage

Points: 31,790, Level: 100 Points: 31,790, Level: 100 Points: 31,790, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
kibou Has shown honour and chivalrykibou Has shown honour and chivalrykibou Has shown honour and chivalry
Default Gray Hair !!

Grey hair color typically occurs naturally as people age. For some people this can happen at a very young age (i.e.: at the age of 10). The same can be said for white hair.

like me for instance, i'm 22 years old and i have some gray hair as well XD

here you can discuss about What causes gray hair at a young age, What's the average age of having gray hair? Do you have one? how do you feel about it if you do ??

-Signature by Mobi-dono-
Unread 12-22-2009, 08:57 AM
Citizen
BloggerOC Guild 2
Resting Mod
Master Mage

Points: 23,319, Level: 100 Points: 23,319, Level: 100 Points: 23,319, Level: 100
KozaKuraHaiNe Has shown honour and chivalryKozaKuraHaiNe Has shown honour and chivalryKozaKuraHaiNe Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via MSN to KozaKuraHaiNe Send a message via Skype™ to KozaKuraHaiNe
Default Re: Gray Hair !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibou View Post
Grey hair color typically occurs naturally as people age. For some people this can happen at a very young age (i.e.: at the age of 10). The same can be said for white hair.

like me for instance, i'm 22 years old and i have some gray hair as well XD

here you can discuss about What causes gray hair at a young age, What's the average age of having gray hair? Do you have one? how do you feel about it if you do ??
My sister has unique hair. Her few strands of white hair are half black and half white. And she is 15 :'D

I think young people having grey hair is caused by stress. Although I don't know how it's possible, many people believe it's true.

I don't have grey hair yet, though. If I do get grey hair, I don't think it's necessary to pull it out, I heard if you pull one out, more will grow.

There is no average age of having grey hair, I think.
Unread 12-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Citizen: Dragon Clan.
Winged Dragon

Points: 7,120, Level: 58 Points: 7,120, Level: 58 Points: 7,120, Level: 58
AgainandAgain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to AgainandAgain

Under the scalp, a tube of tissue called the hair follicle surrounds the root of every hair strand. Each follicle contains a number of pigment cells that produce melanin, the polymer that gives the growing shaft of hair its color. Usually these pigment cells continuously produce melanin, but if your body stops generating it, the strand of hair will have very little pigment to paint over it’s normally transparent hue; this base-transparency will then present itself as gray, white, or silver.
Researchers have shown that gender plays a role in graying. The average male starts to gray around age 30, while women typically began to notice lighter strands around age 35. In some families, many members develop white hair in their 20s.
Unread 12-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Royal Clan
Resting Supermod
Sir. Tupac - the Valiant
Knight At Arms

Points: 76,954, Level: 100 Points: 76,954, Level: 100 Points: 76,954, Level: 100
tupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of light

Well thats why we have the "magic" that is called hair dyes.

Seriously though,you wont believe the amount of grey hair i have,or rather used to have,i had them when i was 12 believe it or not.I think what KozakuraHaine said is a possibility,stress does play a part in grey hair growth.

Recently when i started growing out my hair these pass few years,i lost most of my Grey hair.[I had to shave my head in the army so the grey hair went byebye.]Then went i start caring for my hair,it seems i have lost all of them.I can proudly say now that i dont have any grey hair.

Set by Shanks
죽음은 고통에서 내 릴리즈 될 것입니다

Unread 12-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Citizen Magic Clan
Resting Supermod
OC Guild
Grandmaster Mage
Expert Mage

Points: 82,425, Level: 100 Points: 82,425, Level: 100 Points: 82,425, Level: 100
~Ai~ is a glorious beacon of light~Ai~ is a glorious beacon of light~Ai~ is a glorious beacon of light~Ai~ is a glorious beacon of light~Ai~ is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to ~Ai~

I've had about 3 gray hairs now not good xD
i think stress is a big cause of gray hair at a young age but im not entirely sure, it may be completely about genetics
Unread 12-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Citizen: Magic Clan.
Resting Mod
Expert Mage

Points: 31,790, Level: 100 Points: 31,790, Level: 100 Points: 31,790, Level: 100
kibou Has shown honour and chivalrykibou Has shown honour and chivalrykibou Has shown honour and chivalry

i've read that if you Pluck one gray hair and two more will grow back is completely false.
that's not the reason for having more gray hair.

The reason hair goes gray is because of the loss of melanin, which is the pigment in our hair (and skin) that gives it it's colour. Melanin is produced by cells that are called melanocytes. These melanocytes eventually die and so the production of melanin is stopped. The concentration of melanin in the hair shaft decreases and where there is no colour there is gray. And then when the melanin disappears completely the hair is white. It is not known exactly how hair loses its pigment.

Hair dyes can ruin your hair if used frequently

oh and look what i also read about the subject
"Smokers are 4 times more likely to have gray hair than nonsmokers and smoking has been conclusively linked to accelerated hair loss."

-Signature by Mobi-dono-
Unread 12-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Super donator
Sir. Stahlie: The Protector
Knight At Arms

Points: 27,666, Level: 100 Points: 27,666, Level: 100 Points: 27,666, Level: 100
stahlie Has shown honour and chivalrystahlie Has shown honour and chivalrystahlie Has shown honour and chivalry

I'm OLD, so I have a TON of the stuff... but looking in a mirror, I gotta say I probably have less than a lot of my contemporaries... Temples and beard, mostly... I have the odd strand on top too, but I am not totally taken over by that color.

My opinion is that stress is a major cause. Also, genetics has a role (just like with baldness). I started to show gray almost to the minute I hit twenty years old. It has been a creeping progression ever since.

Of course, at my age (soon to be 58 in February), I'm pretty well pleased just to HAVE any hair at all... the color be damned! (Again, judging by other guys my age, I did way better than average on that score.)

Well, you be the judges- use this most recent photo of me.

Unread 12-24-2009, 06:40 PM

swordswoman
Blogger
Super donator
OC Guild 4
RPG'er
KING

Points: 219,126, Level: 100 Points: 219,126, Level: 100 Points: 219,126, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Saber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Saber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac115 View Post
Well thats why we have the "magic" that is called hair dyes.

Seriously though,you wont believe the amount of grey hair i have,or rather used to have,i had them when i was 12 believe it or not.I think what KozakuraHaine said is a possibility,stress does play a part in grey hair growth.

Recently when i started growing out my hair these pass few years,i lost most of my Grey hair.[I had to shave my head in the army so the grey hair went byebye.]Then went i start caring for my hair,it seems i have lost all of them.I can proudly say now that i dont have any grey hair.
I am so pleased that a better life has now given you your dark hair back. Although grey hair is nothing to be ashamed of. In many cultures with grey hair comes wisdom and maybe it is a wise child who has grey hairs.
I have light coloured hair and a few strands have been silvery since I was 18. I think it doesnt show at all because my hair is so light.

I know some people who have very dark hair and grey hair shows more so they always dye it. My Mum has dyed her hair for many years so I have no idea what she would really look like if she let it all grow out.

My Grandpa used to dye his hair black and has done since he was about 40 I think. He had black hair originally so I have never seen him looking different. However my Nannan on my Mums side had snow white hair from about 40 and she looked super with it. Occasionally she used to do it Helsinki blonde but she looked better natural.

Oh and Stahlie you still have a good head of hair and not all gray.

Last edited by Saber; 12-24-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Unread 12-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Citizen: Dragon Clan.
Winged Dragon

Points: 23,768, Level: 100 Points: 23,768, Level: 100 Points: 23,768, Level: 100
sakura has shown loyalty and contrubutedsakura has shown loyalty and contrubuted

i've read that having grey hair at a young age has to do with genes.
also, stress is a major factor.people who are stressful tend to grow older more quickly.
so it can be natural and not.
of course having grey hair make you look older and it's concidered as bad for women mostly, who want to look young and beautiful always.
concerning men, grey hair might work for them as some look really sexy and sophisticated in grey hair.(takr george clooney as an exemple!!^^)
Unread 12-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Royal Clan
Resting Supermod
Sir. Tupac - the Valiant
Knight At Arms

Points: 76,954, Level: 100 Points: 76,954, Level: 100 Points: 76,954, Level: 100
tupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibou View Post
i've read that if you Pluck one gray hair and two more will grow back is completely false.
that's not the reason for having more gray hair.

The reason hair goes gray is because of the loss of melanin, which is the pigment in our hair (and skin) that gives it it's colour. Melanin is produced by cells that are called melanocytes. These melanocytes eventually die and so the production of melanin is stopped. The concentration of melanin in the hair shaft decreases and where there is no colour there is gray. And then when the melanin disappears completely the hair is white. It is not known exactly how hair loses its pigment.

Hair dyes can ruin your hair if used frequently

oh and look what i also read about the subject
"Smokers are 4 times more likely to have gray hair than nonsmokers and smoking has been conclusively linked to accelerated hair loss."
Thats Interesting to know Kibou.well i dont use Hair-dyes too frequently so i think my hair is fine and about the smoking part is that scientifically backed?I smoked more than i do now than when i was 12 thats for sure.
I also heard somewhere that Shellfish can help with Gray hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber View Post
I am so pleased that a better life has now given you your dark hair back. Although grey hair is nothing to be ashamed of. In many cultures with grey hair comes wisdom and maybe it is a wise child who has grey hairs.
I have light coloured hair and a few strands have been silvery since I was 18. I think it doesnt show at all because my hair is so light.

I know some people who have very dark hair and grey hair shows more so they always dye it. My Mum has dyed her hair for many years so I have no idea what she would really look like if she let it all grow out.

My Grandpa used to dye his hair black and has done since he was about 40 I think. He had black hair originally so I have never seen him looking different. However my Nannan on my Mums side had snow white hair from about 40 and she looked super with it. Occasionally she used to do it Helsinki blonde but she looked better natural.

Oh and Stahlie you still have a good head of hair and not all gray.
Thank you Your Majesty.I think that played a major part in my hair regaining its Vigor.
I have also heard of that,in certain cultures Gray hair is likened to wisdom but i think that was not the case for me.I was very naive as a child.

Dark hair does show gray hair more obviously,i have originally black hair so it shows very clearly when i was younger.
Grey hair can be embarrassing.

And Sir Stahlie You certainly have great hair for your age.
I be lucky if i have hair like yours at your age.i am worried about balding already...

Set by Shanks
죽음은 고통에서 내 릴리즈 될 것입니다

Tags
gray hair, human, kibou