Go Back   Anime Forum > Role Playing Games > Members own rules RPG: Game Play threads > Members own rules RPG: Thread Joining planning & Notifications

Members own rules RPG: Thread Joining planning & Notifications Ask to join a game, or plan to make threads for people to join here.

Unread 04-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Blogger
OC Guild
RPG'er
Warrior

Points: 48,977, Level: 100 Points: 48,977, Level: 100 Points: 48,977, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Veku Has shown honour and chivalryVeku Has shown honour and chivalryVeku Has shown honour and chivalry
Default The World Awakens (Post-Apocalyptic World) Discussion Thread

On December 21, 2012, the world changed forever. A series of disasters tore apart the world as we knew it. Tsunamis, earthquakes, tornadoes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes...

It all lasted 13 days. Then, everything stopped.

The lives of millions ended. It was tragic.

In addition to all the turmoil, the atmosphere began to change and everything on Earth fell into a deep sleep. One that didn't end for another 13 days.

The human race began to change, as if by fate after the sleep.

Technology turned haywire and nucleur weapons destroyed everything as we knew it.

People started destroying all things technological. Those which they couldn't destroy were thrown into shadowed corners, to be never seen or spoken of again.

Cities fell into irreparable states, with plants overgrowing sky scrapers and rivers flowing through streets. The calamities stopped and the 'new' human race built itself up again.

However, the human race is still thriving, but life is different.

The nuclear explosions altered the DNA of a third of the population. Now, the world has been over run by zombies.

For the past 12 months, they haven't been much of a threat. Until scientists realized that their bite can change humans into creatures such as them. Then, it became a problem.

What do you guys think? I'd like to discuss this idea further. If you have ideas or like it as is, then please tell me your thoughts.

Is that the best you can do?
Unread 04-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Citizen: Dragon Clan.
Resting Mod
Winged Dragon

Points: 24,283, Level: 100 Points: 24,283, Level: 100 Points: 24,283, Level: 100
Catriinaa has shown loyalty and contrubutedCatriinaa has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via Skype™ to Catriinaa
Default Re: The World Awakens (Post-Apocalyptic World) Discussion Thread

So these zombies... are they the living dead... or living but just act like zombies because nuclear screwed them up?

-Had a great time on this site. Missing you all x
Unread 04-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Veteran member
OC Guild 1
RPG'er

Points: 24,422, Level: 100 Points: 24,422, Level: 100 Points: 24,422, Level: 100
Raditzthehairball has shown loyalty and contrubutedRaditzthehairball has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via MSN to Raditzthehairball Send a message via Yahoo to Raditzthehairball

i think it's both XDDDDD it's a great plot ,veku
I'll tell if i have any idea
Unread 04-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Citizen: Dragon Clan.
Resting Mod
Winged Dragon

Points: 19,750, Level: 97 Points: 19,750, Level: 97 Points: 19,750, Level: 97
Mebiusu has shown loyalty and contrubutedMebiusu has shown loyalty and contrubuted

I switched off at zombies ... I don't particularly like them, and they creep me out a little. I think what would be better is that the radiation alters the DNA of an animal and turns it into a super animal, or an unknown creature. so something like ...

The radiation from the nuclear explosions caused an unexpected change in the DNA of wildlife, causing it to evolve at frightening speeds. It is said that some animals have become so powerful they have to eat a human life every hour. The forests are off limits. What could these creatures turn into? With only a few thousand left of the human population, and most of them poisoned by radiation, is there really any Hope ...?

Something like that, just not zombies.
Unread 04-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Blogger
OC Guild
RPG'er
Warrior

Points: 48,977, Level: 100 Points: 48,977, Level: 100 Points: 48,977, Level: 100
Veku Has shown honour and chivalryVeku Has shown honour and chivalryVeku Has shown honour and chivalry

Well, we could also take an I Am Legend approach and make them genetically altered hmanoids who can only attack at night.

@Cat: A bit o' both xD

Unread 04-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Citizen: Magic Clan. Nikikeya
OC Guild
RPG'er
Neophite Mage

Points: 9,118, Level: 66 Points: 9,118, Level: 66 Points: 9,118, Level: 66
Goku-sama will become famous soon enough

It sounds simular to the RPG SunDancer was gonna do: Brave New World. I love it!! x333

Zombie RPG FTW!!!

Well if technology is dead that means they're living off the land and doing things the old fasioned way (Which I LOVE) also means no cars/gun/phones etc. Or fridge or stoves, or showers (Stinky XD)

The city folk will mostly die out within a month T^T

XDD

I WANT THIS RPG NAO!!!

Misfits- Pascal & Sayer ||| CoS- Jack, Kidd, Tobias, Natalie, Ivy, Birch, Vej & Kasir||| FMA:COAL- Edward, Alphonse, Winrey, Hues, Havoc, Fury, Breda, Fallman, Hawkeye, Sheska, Izumi, Pinako, Trisha, Claire, Lavinia and a bunch of random people... xD
Unread 04-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Blogger
OC Guild
RPG'er
Warrior

Ah, cars should be fine. Along with guns..

but yeah, it should be fun x3

Unread 04-08-2011, 03:48 AM
Citizen: Magic Clan. Nikikeya
OC Guild
RPG'er
Neophite Mage

Points: 9,118, Level: 66 Points: 9,118, Level: 66 Points: 9,118, Level: 66
Goku-sama will become famous soon enough

What? You said that they trashed all technology? So how in the nine hells did they miss the damn cars? Guns maybe, but cars or stuff like that would have been wasted.

Besides, Cars need fuel, which is pumped outta the ground by mechines, and shipped via mechines. So unless they find a gasline somewhere theyre screwed, better off to use Bikes or Horses.

Either way, cant wait to start. x33

Misfits- Pascal & Sayer ||| CoS- Jack, Kidd, Tobias, Natalie, Ivy, Birch, Vej & Kasir||| FMA:COAL- Edward, Alphonse, Winrey, Hues, Havoc, Fury, Breda, Fallman, Hawkeye, Sheska, Izumi, Pinako, Trisha, Claire, Lavinia and a bunch of random people... xD
Unread 04-08-2011, 05:21 AM
Blogger
OC Guild
RPG'er
Warrior

Yeah, that's why I put up a discussion thread first.

I mean, cars would serve as a travel resource. After all, this is the entire world we're dealing with. They would also serve as an anti-god mode escape method. Because if one hundred zombies crowded ten humans with nothing but a pistol each, and they somehow manage to escape, it would be considered unrealistic and stupid. Either way, it's up to you guys. This is the discussion thread after all. x3

Unread 04-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Veteran member
OC Guild 1
RPG'er

Points: 24,422, Level: 100 Points: 24,422, Level: 100 Points: 24,422, Level: 100
Raditzthehairball has shown loyalty and contrubutedRaditzthehairball has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via MSN to Raditzthehairball Send a message via Yahoo to Raditzthehairball

duh, in L4D only 4 survival and yet , they survived XDDDDDDDDDD ( not to mention there are special infected zombies )