Go Back   Anime Forum > General Anime/Manga & Cosplay > General Anime topics

General Anime topics Anime topics, like: What is the most violent anime etc. ( COSPLAY SUBFORUM )

Unread 08-11-2009, 05:09 AM
Senior Mod Exp
Resting Supermod
OC Guild 1
Grandmaster Mage

Points: 82,944, Level: 100 Points: 82,944, Level: 100 Points: 82,944, Level: 100
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
GohanMaster has a spectacular aura about themGohanMaster has a spectacular aura about themGohanMaster has a spectacular aura about themGohanMaster has a spectacular aura about themGohanMaster has a spectacular aura about them
Default How has anime Effected you?

How has anime Effected you?

Has it made you loose focus in school/work or other events?

Has it made you a better or worse person?

Has it taught you new things to prepare your self for in the future, or has it made you afraid ?

Feel free to answer all, or some of the question and Discuss other peoples opinions
Unread 08-11-2009, 05:41 AM
Royal Clan
Knight At Arms

Points: 8,052, Level: 62 Points: 8,052, Level: 62 Points: 8,052, Level: 62
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Ash: the Angel of Battle Has shown honour and chivalryAsh: the Angel of Battle Has shown honour and chivalryAsh: the Angel of Battle Has shown honour and chivalry
Default Re: How has anime Effected you?

Watching and drawing anime has inspired me and allowed me to dream, to create, to fight, and to dare to go farther than I ever thought I could. It's one of the bigger parts of my life.

To do these things completely is to attain the ultimate...
Unread 08-11-2009, 05:43 AM
Senior Mod Exp
Resting Supermod
OC Guild 1
Grandmaster Mage

Points: 82,944, Level: 100 Points: 82,944, Level: 100 Points: 82,944, Level: 100
GohanMaster has a spectacular aura about themGohanMaster has a spectacular aura about themGohanMaster has a spectacular aura about themGohanMaster has a spectacular aura about themGohanMaster has a spectacular aura about them

So anime has effected you in a good positive way, and inspired you to do things you never thought you would do?
That's cool, I think anime inspires a lot of good in others
Unread 08-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Super donator
Sir. Stahlie: The Protector
Knight At Arms

Points: 27,666, Level: 100 Points: 27,666, Level: 100 Points: 27,666, Level: 100
stahlie Has shown honour and chivalrystahlie Has shown honour and chivalrystahlie Has shown honour and chivalry

How has anime Effected you?
Quite dramatically. I found that the normal offerings on TV just don't cut it anymore, and I'm spending more and more time streaming the latest stuff, and hunting down archives, to watch what I have missed in the last ten years... as for impact, well, I'm developing a real broad mind of late. I get the feeling, that compared to my peer age group, I can accept almost anything at this point.

Has it made you loose focus in school/work or other events?
Being retired I have the Luxury of time- time I can spend? waste? well anyway, time is available to me for my latest, greatest hobby... as for focus, well, I use it to learn japanese, so technically it's a study aid.

Has it made you a better or worse person?
Better. See above, broad minded. It also tweaks my imagination in numerous, subtle ways. A fogey my age even using 'imagination' in his vocabulary is almost a non sequitur...

Has it taught you new things to prepare your self for in the future, or has it made you afraid ?
I'm at the age where I'm basically fear-proof. Frankly, it's been a good life, that has gotten better because I have a harmless diversion in Anime, that keeps my (limited) mind active and sharp... I can honestly thank Anime for helping me learn Japanese. (Something I'll need next year.) and for giving me a common ground for discourse with... well, like the people here at this forum.
Unread 08-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Citizen
Resting Mod

Points: 10,776, Level: 71 Points: 10,776, Level: 71 Points: 10,776, Level: 71
Ebetzer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ebetzer

It has given me a special interrest and occupation which i apreciate very much
Also evolvet my imagination a great deal.

MANGA, LOVE AND CRAZYNESS TO THE WORLD!

Death, Terror and Chaos ... My job here is done
Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes!
Beware I'm the 'Mod-God' of One Piece! xD

Thoughts
*Actions*
Talking

All the detailed info about my RPG: http://www.animeforum.org.uk/showthr...linear#post428

Im a girl!!!! http://www.animeforum.org.uk/showthr...=6674#post6674
Unread 08-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Senior Mod Exp
Resting Supermod
OC Guild 1
Grandmaster Mage

I think anime has effected me in a positive way. I have gained new friends, met new people, became more involved with things, and learned a new style to draw an everything. Anime, has only inspired me like many others, it has also given me a chance to be with people who share the same interests as me. I do tend to loose focus on somethings, wishing i was watching anime or drawing it or somthing, but nothing bad. And I think in a way, anime has indeed made me a better person, it has taught me a lot and inspired me to try things i would have never thought i would try.
Unread 08-12-2009, 01:53 AM
(formerly Yuri K) Magic Clan Leader
Queen of Cosplay
Blogger
Lady Of The Lake

Points: 29,281, Level: 100 Points: 29,281, Level: 100 Points: 29,281, Level: 100
Activity: 52%
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%
Pidge Has AscendedPidge Has AscendedPidge Has AscendedPidge Has AscendedPidge Has AscendedPidge Has Ascended

well it doesn't make me losse focus if anything it help me. with anime its something i look forward to. if i have a bad day all i have to do is watch my favorite anime or just listen to one of my favorite voice actors and it seem to help. i have learn a lot and still learn very neat thing. i really like learn about verything that goes into the anime.
Unread 08-12-2009, 04:15 AM
Senior Mod Exp
Resting Supermod
OC Guild 1
Grandmaster Mage

Nicely said Sakura
I think anime is something for us all to look forward to, like what Sakura said, if she is having a bad day she would watch her anime of favorite voice actor and things turn out better, the same is for me, anime helps me relax sometimes when im unhappy or somthing
Unread 08-12-2009, 07:43 AM
Citizen: Dragon Clan.
Hatchling Dragon

Points: 6,018, Level: 53 Points: 6,018, Level: 53 Points: 6,018, Level: 53
Ruyaji is on a distinguished road

I really think it would be more interesting asking this about each anime and not all of them.
I think Death note effected me a bit.
just to sit think how boring my life is and what would i do if i would get the Death Note. =]
nothing else really...
Unread 08-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Citizen: Magic Clan.
Neophite Mage

Points: 4,646, Level: 46 Points: 4,646, Level: 46 Points: 4,646, Level: 46
Rosiel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Rosiel

Overall, I think anime has had a positive impact on my life. Like others have said, it gave me a new hobby, I met new people, and I learned a new art style that I have really come to appreciate. Also, I think it has made me a more open-minded person, because I will accept just about anyone no matter who they are or what they like to do. This is partly because I don't like getting teased about the things that I like, like anime.

On the other hand, anime sometimes makes it hard for me to get my work done...I am easily distracted by my favorite shows. And it's probably given me unrealistic expectations for a boyfriend! Because who doesn't have a small anime crush...hahaha.