Go Back   Anime Forum > Extended Discussion > Extended Discussion and Debate forums > Political Discussion

Unread 04-05-2010, 10:04 PM

Points: 5,230, Level: 49 Points: 5,230, Level: 49 Points: 5,230, Level: 49
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Harrison N. Kore will become famous soon enough
Default What is wrong with the American judicial system?

Now, I have respect for the hood. Yo G'! However, one thing I incessantly keep hearing is that the American judicial system is bad. Now, why is that? What is wrong with it? Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the judicial system is the best that it can be right now. Some people cite there being judgments in the Courts that ultimately turn out false. That isn't a reason for the judicial system being bad. It just means that the decision was made incorrectly, most likely because of false information and new information that comes up over time.

In order to fault the judicial system, a person has to point out something in the judicial processes that are wrongful or corrupt, and I have yet to see that. Some people say that it's bad because of the corrupt, prejudiced judges, but, except for bail and court proceedings, the judge doesn't make a decision over the case whatsoever, normally. That's what the jury's purpose is. Some people even cite how it's all wrong, because the courts convict basically anybody that is an illegal drug user. Well, good. They're doing their job.

I don't agree with the drug laws. They're obviously pretty idiotic, but that doesn't mean that, when you get put into prison for using it, it's any fault of the courts. Courts are not there to make or change laws. They're there to enforce the law and interpret the case-by-case situation and relate it to the law. The General Assemblies, the Parliaments, the Congresses, etc. make the laws, not the courts. Honestly, some may not think this a big issue, but I do, because I constantly see people blaming the courts, the judges, the judicial system, etc. for their misfortunes, when they should really start looking at the man in the mirror for the person that is causing the mess in its life in the first place.

I mean, it may not be a valid source to characterize people who hate the judicial system, but I was just watching a video, where the parent of a murdered child started punching the defendant, right before the case even starts, and that parent was essentially arrested afterwords. Now, I then proceeded to read some of the comments on that video, and what one of them basically said was that this was the reason the judicial system is corrupt. They stopped that parent from punching the living daylights out of the defendant. If that's the gist of the complaints against the judicial system, then I think that any educated person can see why the criticism against it are unfounded at best.

Last edited by Harrison N. Kore; 04-05-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Unread 04-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Citizen

Points: 7,286, Level: 59 Points: 7,286, Level: 59 Points: 7,286, Level: 59
Wooter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Wooter Send a message via Skype™ to Wooter
Default Re: What is wrong with the American judicial system?

I don't see anything wrong with it at all.
What I do see wrong is in the British judicial system, just read this article and you'll understand.

Quote:
1]FURIOUS victims, cops and even a judge have blasted soft sentences after thugs cheated justice in THREE shocking cases.

2]In one a DOCTOR viciously attacked a man outside a bar and left him lying unconscious – but escaped a jail sentence.

3]In another a 16-year-old yob on bail for one attack nearly killed another teenager in an assault – but will be free in just two months.

4]And, finally, a female cop was scarred for life by a drunken brute who then walked FREE from court.

Last edited by tupac115; 04-06-2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Remove link and put information in spoilers
Unread 04-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Royal Clan
Resting Supermod
Sir. Tupac - the Valiant
Knight At Arms

Points: 76,954, Level: 100 Points: 76,954, Level: 100 Points: 76,954, Level: 100
tupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooter View Post
I don't see anything wrong with it at all.
What I do see wrong is in the British judicial system, just read this article and you'll understand.
Sorry Woot.We been trying to use less links in extended discussion.It lowers site ratings.I did read the article you posted and i hope you dont mind me putting the headlines in spoiler tags instead. it was certainly interesting.

I thnk its not just specific in any country,i think the Judicial system itself is a flaw in any country.Not just the U.S or U.K.i could name a few instances where the Judicial system failed he common man in my country such as the ODEX Saga.
I think i have said it before but since "Justice" is administered by people and laws itself are made by people,and since we all know how falliable people are,it in turns make the Judicial system itself falliable.

Set by Shanks
죽음은 고통에서 내 릴리즈 될 것입니다

Unread 04-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Banned

fullblue has shown loyalty and contrubutedfullblue has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via MSN to fullblue

The judical system itself is flawed, not only US but all over the world. To be honest, the judical system is full of holes and it is the job of a lawyer to exploit it.

If we limit this to US, perhaps we can talk about a man who is getting jailed for being naked in his own home just because a nosy neighbour was seeing him naked. To make matter worse, the court make it clear that he should not go near any children! He had a daughter for goodness sake!
Unread 04-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Citizen

Points: 7,286, Level: 59 Points: 7,286, Level: 59 Points: 7,286, Level: 59
Wooter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Wooter Send a message via Skype™ to Wooter

tupac, ya missed the most important part of it though
and that is this part:

Click here to see full text

OUTRAGE 3

POLICEWOMAN Gemma Maggs, pictured left, was scarred for life after thug Ryan Thomas punched her in the face.

He had downed NINE pints of strong Stella Artois lager when he started hurling racist abuse and became aggressive towards his wife on a night out last month.

PC Stephen Powell was punched by dad-of-two Thomas, so 27-year-old WPC Maggs bravely stepped in.

She was also attacked and suffered a nasty wound to her face.

Ryan Thomas
Grin of a yob ... Ryan Thomas who attacked WPC Maggs
SOUTH WEST NEWS

Thomas, 30, from Bristol, who has a previous conviction for assaulting a woman, admitted assault causing actual bodily harm.

But he left Bristol Magistrates' Court this week with a grin after he was given an 18-week jail term, suspended for a year.

He was also ordered to do 80 hours of unpaid work and pay £500 compensation.

Punish

On the same day in the same court a vandal was ordered to do the same amount of community work but had to pay almost £1,400 in fines and costs - for painting graffiti on a train.

The policewoman's mum, Patricia, 51, said: "If the justice system is not set up to punish those who assault police, what hope is there?"

Paul Green, chairman of the Police Federation for Avon and Somerset, added: "Anyone who punches someone in the face and leaves them scarred for life deserves a custodial sentence, irrespective of whether the victim is a police officer or not."

it shows whats really wrong with it.
Unread 04-10-2010, 05:19 AM
Citizen: Magic Clan.
Resting Mod
Novice Mage

Points: 6,731, Level: 56 Points: 6,731, Level: 56 Points: 6,731, Level: 56
Raven will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Raven

What's wrong with the judical system? 2004 presidential election, at least I think it was that year, Judicial coup de' tat. I guess that's more of the supreme court but still part of the judicial system, right? They practically handed Bush the election, he more than likely would have lost if they hadn't stopped the recount.
Unread 04-10-2010, 05:30 AM
Citizen

Points: 12,892, Level: 78 Points: 12,892, Level: 78 Points: 12,892, Level: 78
A.C. ShAdoW will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to A.C. ShAdoW

I never notice thought the American judical system was 1 of the best. But than again heard that the final judgement can be very harsh and unreasonable from people.

LiVe UR LiFe To ItS FuLl ExTeNd As U, "OnLy HaVe 1 ShOt Of LiFe"NeVeR GiVe Up In Ur DrEaM. Be StRoNg
Unread 04-10-2010, 05:37 AM

Points: 5,230, Level: 49 Points: 5,230, Level: 49 Points: 5,230, Level: 49
Harrison N. Kore will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
What's wrong with the judical system? 2004 presidential election, at least I think it was that year, Judicial coup de' tat. I guess that's more of the supreme court but still part of the judicial system, right? They practically handed Bush the election, he more than likely would have lost if they hadn't stopped the recount.
Well, those were the 2000 elections, and, afterwords, CBS or another news station recounted all the votes and found that President Bush actually did win. However, were the processes of the Supreme Court just? Probably not. However, that's because of political motivation, and there is typically no political motivation at all in a normal Courtroom. That is because the judge wouldn't decide guilt and he or she wouldn't have anything to gain by ruling one way or the other. Plus, most of the time people complain about the judicial system, they usually aren't talking about the Supreme Court. They're mostly speaking from experience with the Courts at the local level for transgressions, and to them I say that they had just as much opportunity to defend themselves as the other side had to prosecute them.
Unread 04-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Royal Clan
Resting Supermod
Sir. Tupac - the Valiant
Knight At Arms

Points: 76,954, Level: 100 Points: 76,954, Level: 100 Points: 76,954, Level: 100
tupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison N. Kore View Post
Well, those were the 2000 elections, and, afterwords, CBS or another news station recounted all the votes and found that President Bush actually did win. However, were the processes of the Supreme Court just? Probably not. However, that's because of political motivation, and there is typically no political motivation at all in a normal Courtroom. That is because the judge wouldn't decide guilt and he or she wouldn't have anything to gain by ruling one way or the other. Plus, most of the time people complain about the judicial system, they usually aren't talking about the Supreme Court. They're mostly speaking from experience with the Courts at the local level for transgressions, and to them I say that they had just as much opportunity to defend themselves as the other side had to prosecute them.
I saw a documnentary regarding the Bush elections.Farenheit 911 was the name of that particular film by Michael Moore.According to him,former President Bush won the elections through his connections with Fox television among other things..Of course i am not as naive to believe things i see on television 100% but it did make me see the bush administration at that time in a different light.I always thought that the voting system was foolproof in our so-called democratic society.That show did revise my views on it.

Since i am not an US citizen,my knowledge in this matter is limited as is most of my knowledge on U.S politics.However if what Michael Moore showed in his film was true then the Judicial system in the U.S needs a serious overhaul.

Set by Shanks
죽음은 고통에서 내 릴리즈 될 것입니다