Go Back   Anime Forum > DragonBall/Z/GT/AF/Super Anime and Manga > DragonBall/Z/GT/AF/Super Anime and Manga > DragonBall/Z/GT Anime Fun

DragonBall/Z/GT Anime Fun E.G. Whos the hottest? whats the best battle? anime / non -canon

Unread 12-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Citizen: Dragon Clan.
OC Guild 2
RPG'er
Resting Mod
Winged Dragon

Points: 19,322, Level: 96 Points: 19,322, Level: 96 Points: 19,322, Level: 96
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Super_Vegeta has shown loyalty and contrubutedSuper_Vegeta has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via Yahoo to Super_Vegeta Send a message via Skype™ to Super_Vegeta
Default Re: DBGT things you hate and things you love about it

Yeah, it really did.

RP Characters: Hideki, Goku, Ranma, Vegeta, Natsumi, Majet, Takeshi, Lauren, Polarus, Artae, Rein and Xen(Click)
Awards Held: Activity, Moderator of the Month
Visit And Post In The Dragon Ball/Z/GT/AF Forum!(Click)
Unread 12-04-2011, 07:14 PM

Points: 2,656, Level: 33 Points: 2,656, Level: 33 Points: 2,656, Level: 33
mohammadmdp is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Vegeta View Post
I thought it was half-assed all together, but the Super 17 and Shadow Dragon sagas were cool.
yeah I'm more agree with the Omega Shenron, I think super 17 mustn't supposed to be that much powerful, cause 17 himself wasn't as powerful as kid Goten, and fusion of him with trunks wasn't that much powerful, and even if we say super 17 both fused and completed too, he must not be that much powerful to make Goku turn into ssj4.
this is my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPINAL133 View Post
I hated the whole series. the only thing i liked was the shadow dragons and a little of the super 17.

Personal note: I thought the animation and storyline was horrible. The battles were no where near as good as they were on Z. and turning goku back into a kid kinda dulled it out for me.
I'm absolutely agree.
DBGT was kinda like ending the goku's story quickly without thinking.
probably akira had told them to just finish the story I don't care how.

Although DBGT Movie was so cool and epic and sad indeed.

Last edited by Super_Vegeta; 12-04-2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: DO NOT DOUBLE POST PLEASE
Unread 12-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Banned

ShineCero has a little shamelful behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to ShineCero

Quote:
yeah I'm more agree with the Omega Shenron, I think super 17 mustn't supposed to be that much powerful, cause 17 himself wasn't as powerful as kid Goten,
And where you came up with that conclusion?

Quote:
and fusion of him with trunks wasn't that much powerful,
Gotenks is not powerful...

wat

Quote:
and even if we say super 17 both fused and completed too, he must not be that much powerful to make Goku turn into ssj4.
this is my opinion.
Fusion increases into some unknown multiplier that turns into a ultimate warrior (as shown from the series). Also, Super 17 (base) was already stronger than the Z Fighters (including GT Goku). The reason he became stronger than SSj4 Goku is due to absorbing the energy from Goku's attacks. I have a feeling that you didn't even watch GT that clearly if you keep making common mistakes of the series.

Quote:
DBGT was kinda like ending the goku's story quickly without thinking.
probably akira had told them to just finish the story I don't care how.
Not really, GT was originally supposed to end at Bebi Arc (but it gotten more episodes). Also, Toriyama enjoy GT, so that statement of yours is invalid

Quote:
As for your confused answer, I believe he meant the fact that unless something was directly hit, it wasn't affected by the nearby battle.
That happen all the time in Dragon Ball Z heck all animes that involves overpowered character. The Planet (or area) in question, has plot kai.

Quote:
Where as DBZ, just becoming SSJ3 shook the whole damn planet. SSJ3=shakes planet, SSJ4=doesn't shake a building standing right next to him?
Goku becomes a SSj3 again, the Planet never shook again. Ki blast that were throw everywhere never ceased to destroy the planet. But when it comes to GT, we have to bash it for these things that shouldn't even be a problem in the first place.

In GT Goku shook both Other World and Hell, in his base.

Quote:
Although, the only instance I can remember like this was Gogeta vs O Shenron. Shenron charged him and got knocked away, but nothing surrounding them was damaged by the clash. With fighters as powerful as them, the city should have been demolished instantly!
Half of the planet should've been destroyed by Vegetto and Buuhan fight and, oh wait, This doesn't apply to Z amirite?

Last edited by ShineCero; 12-04-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Unread 12-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Blogger
RPG'er
Warrior

Points: 27,795, Level: 100 Points: 27,795, Level: 100 Points: 27,795, Level: 100
Zionist Has shown honour and chivalryZionist Has shown honour and chivalryZionist Has shown honour and chivalry

Well...recently bought GT on DVD What a wonderful purchase it was

Well, I support GT for the most part, but re-watching the Bebi Arc it's hard not to notice how Goku didn't want anyone else to fight Oozaruu Bebi. I wanted to see Adult Gotenks. And then again against Omega Shenron the Adult Gotenks idea was shot down I wanted to see that idiot fight again
Unread 12-04-2011, 08:25 PM

Points: 2,320, Level: 31 Points: 2,320, Level: 31 Points: 2,320, Level: 31
GoGoGinyuRangers is on a distinguished road

Liked:
1. I liked that it was somewhat of a mixture between the original series and Z. It had the lightheartedness and humor of Dragonball, and the action of Z.

2. The Shadow Dragons. I thought the idea of fighting Shenron's incarnations was pretty cool. We've never seen much action out of him, other than granting some wishes. I mean seeing as he's basically the titular character and all, you'd think he'd have more to do. Honestly, I only found myself liking only four of the Shadow Dragons; Omega/Syn, Nuova, Eice, and Oceanus. I guess it's because they felt more like a genuine threat than the other three. (Although Haze kinda made me laugh, seeing as he's basically a dragon version of Hercule)

3. Super 17. After the Cell Saga, 17 was pretty much ignored and forgotten. It's a shame too, seeing as he was such an entertaining and badass character. Luckily GT came along and brought him back and more badass than ever before! It just goes to show you: the Red Ribbon Army is truly the one of (if not THE) most long standing, persistent, most deadly enemies in the Dragonball universe! Not even eternal damnation can hinder their plans for world domination.

4. Super Saiyan 4. A nice upgrade from Super Saiyan 3, and a cool transformation overall. Though I wish it retained the golden hair from the previous transformations.

5. The Ending! It honestly made me tear up a bit seeing all of the flashbacks Goku had of all his journies. The little fight between Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr. and the movie was a nice touch too.

Disliked:
1. Goku turning back into a kid. Don't get me wrong I like Kid Goku (especially in Dragonball), but this just seemed to have come out of nowhere fast. There was really no pont in it, other than setting up the premise. Pilaf could just as well come up with a different wish, and it would make much more sense.

2. Dropping most of the older characters from the story! With the exception of 18, Uub and Bulma, none of the human characters played any sort of role. Roshi, Yamcha, Tien, Videl and even Krillin had very little to do with the story, outside a couple of lousy cameo appearances. Even Gohan and Goten got screwed over! I really wish Goten joined Goku, Trunks and Pan on the journey, but Pan just had to go and push that freakin' button! We could've seen an adult Gotenks in action, instead we got Giru........

3. The writing. The voice acting is all right, but I found some of the writing to be incredibly cheesy! I can't think of any specifics, but trust me it has it.
Unread 12-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionist View Post
Well...recently bought GT on DVD What a wonderful purchase it was

Well, I support GT for the most part, but re-watching the Bebi Arc it's hard not to notice how Goku didn't want anyone else to fight Oozaruu Bebi. I wanted to see Adult Gotenks. And then again against Omega Shenron the Adult Gotenks idea was shot down I wanted to see that idiot fight again
Rite? I always wanted to see Adult Gotenks.

Then the Staff tease us with the thought of Pan become a SSj one day if the threat ever comes D:
Unread 12-04-2011, 10:44 PM
OC Guild 2
RPG'er
Resting Mod
Winged Dragon

Super_Vegeta has shown loyalty and contrubutedSuper_Vegeta has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via Yahoo to Super_Vegeta Send a message via Skype™ to Super_Vegeta

I thought it was dumb how Frieza, who's power was probably below Vegeta's, could survive a planet exploding, but Piccolo, much much stronger than Frieza at the time, couldn't.

RP Characters: Hideki, Goku, Ranma, Vegeta, Natsumi, Majet, Takeshi, Lauren, Polarus, Artae, Rein and Xen(Click)
Unread 12-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Vegeta View Post
I thought it was dumb how Frieza, who's power was probably below Vegeta's, could survive a planet exploding, but Piccolo, much much stronger than Frieza at the time, couldn't.
Frieza is stronger than Vegeta
Unread 12-04-2011, 11:52 PM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Blogger
RPG'er
Warrior

Points: 27,795, Level: 100 Points: 27,795, Level: 100 Points: 27,795, Level: 100
Zionist Has shown honour and chivalryZionist Has shown honour and chivalryZionist Has shown honour and chivalry

Namekians are different than whatever race Frieza came from. It was general consensus that Frieza would survive Namek Exploding. That comes with being Resilient, a bit heat resistant and being able to survive in the vacuums of space. That had nothing to do with Power Level.

Also Piccolo didn't resist. He gave in to his fate of dying with the Black Star Dragon Balls.
Unread 12-04-2011, 11:59 PM
OC Guild 2
RPG'er
Resting Mod
Winged Dragon

Well I guess that makes sense, but Destruction, I'm talking about after Frieza was hit by the Angry Kamehameha. By that point he had to definitely be weaker than Vegeta was.