Go Back   Anime Forum > DragonBall/Z/GT/AF/Super Anime and Manga > DragonBall/Z/GT/AF/Super Anime and Manga > DragonBall/Z/GT Anime Fun

DragonBall/Z/GT Anime Fun E.G. Whos the hottest? whats the best battle? anime / non -canon

Unread 09-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
OC Guild
Fighter

Points: 17,401, Level: 91 Points: 17,401, Level: 91 Points: 17,401, Level: 91
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Materia User has shown loyalty and contrubutedMateria User has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Default Can saiyans become gods?

since my planet busting discussion is leaning that way I decided to make this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonaruto View Post
What i m implying is that there's no limit to saiyan's power, they are the most powerful warriors, because of this reason. ( frieza feared the "unlimited" potential of saiyans and hence destroyed planet vegeta.) Omniscient and "unlimited" potential, as in saiyans, does not go hand in hand . coz what meant by unlimited potential is the ability to become stronger and stronger .. . there is no limit to a saiyan power.
like i said, even if a saiyan reached his "peak" ... he can become even stronger due to saiyan zenkai.
With better speed and strength your health would naturally increase as well. longer lives (which saiyans already have compared to humans) means more time to gather knowledge.

So can a Saiyan become Omnipresent? Unlimited potential speed would eventually reach such a level as to be everywhere at once.

Personally, I don't believe so.
Unread 09-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Dragon Clan
Resting Mod
Flightleader Dragon

Points: 39,595, Level: 100 Points: 39,595, Level: 100 Points: 39,595, Level: 100
Dragonaruto Has shown honour and chivalryDragonaruto Has shown honour and chivalryDragonaruto Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonaruto
Default Re: Can saiyans become gods?

okay.
first off, i think you mean OMNIPOTENT, the one who has unlimited power. omnipresent and Omniscient means the one who is present everywhere, and the one who has unlimited knowledge. in the other thread you debated on saiyans not being "Omniscient". . hence my statement "Omniscient and "unlimited" potential, as in saiyans' ki levels, does not go hand in hand" ... omnipresent has nothing to do with the topic either.
so i take it that you mean OMNIPOTENT.
alrighty.. . i said saiyans have unlimited potential... you're taking the word "unlimited" too literally. what i mean is, their potential keep growing.. there is no LIMIT!. Unlike humans, .. once you become adult , your potential is at its peak. at that point their potential stops growing further...on the other hand, saiyan's potential keep increasing even after death, if they train in the other world. meh, goku mastered super saiyan 2 and even super saiyan 3 in othe other world itself. need i say more?. so even after they become adult, or even die , their potential keep increasing if they keep training . ... wait, even if they don't train and were to be revived via dragonballs, their potential will increase drastically due to saiyan's zenkai.

So no matter what, no DBZ character can acquire "UNLIMITED" power.. ....because...doh! just think over it, .. .. just for a sec,believe that (just believe) goku has reached the the limit of his power, he reached at a level where no further powering up is possible... he become omnipotent in a sense. now, if he experiences a near-death scenario, his power will increase even more, due to zenkai (get where i m coming from?) .. so no, saiyans can never become omnipotent . but their potential has no end , too.

i dont understand one thing, how can some gain "unlimited" power?.. it makes no sense to me.. coz unlimited means infinite, infinite has NO value!.. some other anime characters are omnipotent, i know. but thats how they were designed..its not like one can "Gain" omnipotent powers . ..coz....hell, it makes NO sense at all! (atleast to me)

Last edited by Dragonaruto; 09-14-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Unread 09-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Blogger
RPG'er
Warrior

Points: 29,172, Level: 100 Points: 29,172, Level: 100 Points: 29,172, Level: 100
Zionist Has shown honour and chivalryZionist Has shown honour and chivalryZionist Has shown honour and chivalry

Become God you say? Well, back in Dragon Ball Goku was offered the job of becoming 'Kami of the Earth'. That would make him God of a World...so, yeah, I think it'd be possible. Why not? In Dragon Ball, apparently the becoming God takes nothing more than just being offered the position
Unread 09-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Banned

ShineCero has a little shamelful behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to ShineCero

Quote:
So can a Saiyan become Omnipresent? Unlimited potential speed would eventually reach such a level as to be everywhere at once
No. It is possible? Maybe if the Story continue. However, since there is literally no evidences for it. None. So, no character in Dragon Ball can become Omnipresence, or Omnipotent, or Omniscient.

Also, being "God" doesn't make you Omnipotent. It just an position (as what Dragon Ball takes it as) and nothing else.

However, I already explain what Omnipotent and others is already in Battle Arena:

What exactly are Omnipotents?
Omnipresent? What is that?

Quote:
i dont understand one thing, how can some gain "unlimited" power?.. it makes no sense to me.. coz unlimited means infinite, infinite has NO value!.. some other anime characters are omnipotent, i know. but thats how they were designed..its not like one can "Gain" omnipotent powers . ..coz....hell, it makes NO sense at all! (atleast to me)
Kami Tenchi, Thanos with Heart of the Universe, Some character who enter some relam that becomes Omnipotent from Marvel say hi.
Unread 09-14-2011, 11:19 PM
OC Guild
Fighter

Materia User has shown loyalty and contrubutedMateria User has shown loyalty and contrubuted

I know the differences... Omniscient is all knowing. If your were to become a god and/or live forever it goes hand in hand.

Omnipresent is being everywhere at once. If you want to get technical all that really means is faster than light since that is what it takes to time travel, which means you can be literally everywhere at once. (stop time, go wherever you want.)

Omnipotent is all-powerful. This by itself is vague but that is what it means.

I used Omnipresent to talk about speed. If were talking physical strength, he can be omnipotent and omnipresent as well. (all-powerful can take on different meanings which was why I refrained from using it.)
Unread 09-14-2011, 11:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
I know the differences... Omniscient is all knowing. If your were to become a god and/or live forever it goes hand in hand.
You don't need to become God to become Omniscient. You can be all knowing without becoming God. And It basically know everything about everything. What gonna happen in a second, etc.

Quote:
Omnipresent is being everywhere at once. If you want to get technical all that really means is faster than light since that is what it takes to time travel, which means you can be literally everywhere at once. (stop time, go wherever you want.)
Omnipresent doesn't stop time. It just means that you are present everywhere. Every single space and time (however, there are levels of Omnipresence)..

Quote:
I used Omnipresent to talk about speed. If were talking physical strength, he can be omnipotent and omnipresent as well. (all-powerful can take on different meanings which was why I refrained from using it.)
Well, an Omnipotent is already an Omnipresent. And no, Goku and Co are not even Lightspeed, let alone Omnipresent xD. If that what you are talking about.
Unread 09-15-2011, 01:06 AM
OC Guild
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destruction View Post
You don't need to become God to become Omniscient. You can be all knowing without becoming God. And It basically know everything about everything. What gonna happen in a second, etc.

I'm not arguing that?

Omnipresent doesn't stop time. It just means that you are present everywhere. Every single space and time (however, there are levels of Omnipresence)..

As you said, it means you can be everywhere, Stopping time is one way to accomplish that, I didn't say it was the only way.

Well, an Omnipotent is already an Omnipresent. And no, Goku and Co are not even Lightspeed, let alone Omnipresent xD. If that what you are talking about.

Not necessarily, you can be omnipotent and not omnipresent. if you have unlimited strength, doesn't necessarily mean you can also be anywhere at once.
I never said anyone was Omni-anything, I'm arguing the possibility that Saiyans have the potential to get that strong - which with unlimited potential they could.
Unread 09-15-2011, 02:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
As you said, it means you can be everywhere, Stopping time is one way to accomplish that, I didn't say it was the only way.
A character with Omnipresence cannot "stop time". You're using some twisted definition of the said word. It literally means, a User can exist anywhere at the same time. That it. Any else *(like stopping time) are simply not part of Omnipresence.

Quote:
Not necessarily, you can be omnipotent and not omnipresent. if you have unlimited strength, doesn't necessarily mean you can also be anywhere at once.
True, but all Omnipotent in fiction so far are also have Omnipresent. However, the phrase you are using is not what Omnipotent is. Omnipotent is basically the -all powerful, have Infinite Power (Meaning, no one is above you) and cannot fail (do anything you want).

Quote:
I'm arguing the possibility that Saiyans have the potential to get that strong - which with unlimited potential they could.
Alright then. From that, there isn't a shred of evidences that support that saiyans to get that strong. They could train for Millions of years and still not even reach that "speed". And "unlimited potential" sounds like a hyperbole =/

I mean, how could they get it? Zenkai doesn't make a differences any more (due to Goku and Vegeta getting so strong).
Unread 09-15-2011, 03:56 AM
OC Guild
Fighter

your reversing what I said with Omnipresence, I did not say Omnipresent people can stop time (They wouldn't need to anyways...)
I am saying people that can stop time and/or are FTL are Omnipresent.

If you disagree with that, Just think about it: you stop time. you move somewhere, you start time again. to everything around you you suddenly appeared there. since you can choose where to go, and even have all the time in the world to come up with a way if it's currently impossible. (Lets pretend you want to go in the middle of the sun.)

You stop time. You build a spaceship that can withstand the sun's heat, you go there.
I can hear you saying: but nothing can withstand that kind of heat!

but you have unlimited time. Nothing on earth that you know of can. but there very well could be something on another galaxy that might. or another dimension. which since you have infinite time, you build something to travel there, then build a spaceship out of that material. given enough time, you build a suit instead of spaceship, maybe an Injection so you don't even need a space suit. it goes on and on, because you have control of time.

I guess I give up on the Omnipotent explanation.
I have said it means all-powerful.
I also said that the whole reason I avoided that phrase was because it is vague - All-powerful may or may not include Omniscience or Omnipresent.

I don't even know what your talking about in that last bit you posted. Are you being sarcastic? If not, you yourself are the one talking about Saiyan Potential. Since it is Potential, it's undefined.

Undefined is not the same as unlimited.
Unread 09-15-2011, 04:31 AM
Dragon Clan
Resting Mod
Flightleader Dragon

Points: 39,595, Level: 100 Points: 39,595, Level: 100 Points: 39,595, Level: 100
Dragonaruto Has shown honour and chivalryDragonaruto Has shown honour and chivalryDragonaruto Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonaruto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destruction View Post
Kami Tenchi, Thanos with Heart of the Universe, Some character who enter some relam that becomes Omnipotent from Marvel say hi.
yes. I m aware of tenchi. I said some other anime chars are omnipotent, and that included tenchi.
What I was saying is that no matter what one cannot BECOME omnipotent/omniscience/omnipresent by training alone. Take omnipotent for instance - in a sense it's defined as "unlimited" power...i mean, how can one reach a power level which has NO value at all? So no, no one can BECOME omni, unless they already are.

@materia,: I see where you are getting at .but still it doesnt make any difference coz saiyan doesn't have "Unlimited" (literally) potential . Ive said it before and ill say it again,you took the word unlimited too literally.unlimited is rather a strong word.
What I meant by "unlimited potential" is "ever growing" potential , get the pun now?