Go Back   Anime Forum > General Anime/Manga & Cosplay > General Manga Discussion

General Manga Discussion Mangas that don't have their own category.

Unread 11-30-2013, 06:39 PM
Veteran member

Points: 74,826, Level: 100 Points: 74,826, Level: 100 Points: 74,826, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Tadashi has a spectacular aura about themTadashi has a spectacular aura about themTadashi has a spectacular aura about themTadashi has a spectacular aura about them
Default manga after anime

hmm, I don't usually read manga, actually yesterday was my first time. naruto is to long to watch so I took the shortcut, to save time.

now I'm wondering, I always hear how anime differs from the manga it's based on sometimes. is it worth it reading the manga for the anime ive already watched? or will I be wasting my time?

Hunter x Hunter
Unread 11-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Banned

LoopyPanda is infamous around these partsLoopyPanda is infamous around these parts
Default Re: manga after anime

Depends on the series. The anime's plot advancement sometimes can be carried out differently than the manga, and in plenty of cases END differently.
Soul Eater for example, its anime ended on a cliffhangerish feeling, and left many things unanswered. The manga however goes on much farther and wrapped itself up neatly.
Deadman Wonderland's manga actually had characters that had been there from the beginning but NEVER appeared in the anime for some reason, despite being essential to character development and plot advancement. And there were character deaths that occured over a different reason and left a lot of things hanging.

In the end, manga is a bit more beneficial to read first, but most cases I read the manga after the anime. Especially if the anime's less than 20 episodes long.
Unread 12-01-2013, 01:04 AM
Resting SupermodResting Senior mod Exp'
Flightleader Dragon

Points: 51,883, Level: 100 Points: 51,883, Level: 100 Points: 51,883, Level: 100
+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via MSN to +Masamune+ Send a message via Skype™ to +Masamune+

man i hope they remake soul eater like full metal alchemist brotherhood because i really want to see the stuff they left out animated

"Tell me what you cherish the most, give me the pleasure of taking it away."
Unread 12-01-2013, 01:17 AM
Banned

LoopyPanda is infamous around these partsLoopyPanda is infamous around these parts

I've been waiting on that for like 3 years lmao
Unread 12-01-2013, 01:29 AM

swordswoman
Blogger
Super donator
OC Guild 4
RPG'er
KING

Points: 222,987, Level: 100 Points: 222,987, Level: 100 Points: 222,987, Level: 100
Activity: 44%
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%
Saber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Saber

I started reading Manga after I had watched anime. But because I am an artist I really love the different styles of manga.

Unread 07-13-2014, 08:11 PM
Citizen: Magic Clan.
Blogger
Expert Mage

Points: 18,674, Level: 94 Points: 18,674, Level: 94 Points: 18,674, Level: 94
Misaki has shown loyalty and contrubutedMisaki has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via MSN to Misaki

I read manga way more than I watch anime and I usually prefer to watch at least one or two anime episodes so I can picture the character's voices and hair colour more clearly whilst reading the manga
I've noticed that manga tends to go into more depth but anime gives me a better feel of the movement (especially in sports animes) so I enjoy watching and reading both
Unread 07-19-2014, 03:21 AM
Banned

ShineCero has a little shamelful behaviour in the past
Send a message via MSN to ShineCero

Reading the manga seems to be a faster pace, especially if said anime is long-running. Reading a manga can be faster and saves tons of time, in my opinion imo.
Unread 07-19-2014, 07:19 AM
Banned

Syn has much shamelfulbehaviour in the pastSyn has much shamelfulbehaviour in the past
Send a message via Skype™ to Syn

I have a lot more patience with manga than I do with anime these days (unless the series is only anime and it doesn't precede with a manga first), so I usually either read the manga first before watching the anime, or I just read the manga and not watch the anime at all.
Unread 07-19-2014, 02:17 PM
Veteran member

Points: 57,898, Level: 100 Points: 57,898, Level: 100 Points: 57,898, Level: 100
Jcoss Has shown honour and chivalryJcoss Has shown honour and chivalryJcoss Has shown honour and chivalryJcoss Has shown honour and chivalry

it truthfully depends on the series, Naruto for example the Manga will leave out all the fillers so you go straight through the story reading the Manga, though outside of fillers there is little difference between the anime and Manga, Love Hina is a series that had several differences between the Manga and Anime, though the anime never finished yet the Manga did, Negima is a series where the Manga was tons better then the anime and truthfully the stories are different. Bleach just like Naruto followed the manga outside of fillers, but unlike Naruto it ended early while the manga is still on going. I can keep going. but for current series they tend to try and keep it following the story as much as possible, thus creating fillers, but in the past they just take the anime on a different route while the Manga was created... an example would be Sailor Moon.
Izuna(Renamon)/Tamamo(Vulpix), Vulpix(Tamomo), Nio/Flare/Aurora