Go Back   Anime Forum > Role Playing Games > Animeforum RPG:

Animeforum RPG: Animeforum RPG rules , Anime Role Playing Games.

Unread 03-30-2010, 03:06 AM
Citizen: Magic Clan. Nikikeya
OC Guild
RPG'er
Neophite Mage

Points: 8,367, Level: 63 Points: 8,367, Level: 63 Points: 8,367, Level: 63
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Goku-sama will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Number of characters in the main rpg

Actually When I suggested that people be able to have multiple characters I ment for in the Paragraph RPGs.

Basically there is no problem with having more than 3 characters. I think everyone should be able to have three canon and then additional OCs should be allowed.

What we are talking about is common practice on RPG sites. You do not have to use them all in one RPG. And Individual GMs (Game Masters- the ones who start the RPGs can decied on number of characters available.)

However I agree that some people can get carried away, so There should be a limit on OCs one can submit at a time.

Like only one at a time and then they do still have to be approved by a mod before you can use them, then you have to wait so long till you can put up another OC for approval. This system would help provent flooding.

Also a stricter set of laid down guidlines among mods for what can be approved as a good character As well as a Mary Sue Litmus Test as I have spotted some problem children and one full blown case.

We really do need to start not only providing a place to RPG, but also start teaching people how to Rpg better (Pompus as that sounds its true, the so called Main RPG is full of Scratch RPG which would get you kicked out of most places as its concidered to not even qualify as real RPGing. (Actually we call it IMing last I checked.)

So teaching people how to write well structured and coherent posts (I realize that for a lot of people English is not their first language and in those cases perhaps we could actually have a sort of classroom type form showing and explaining the besics of grammer and about Tenses and such. (I myself am terrible at puntuations and spelling, (Though English is my first language, pathetic? Yes.) so even I could benefit.)

Basically improving on characters, helping with character development. (Maybe even a Workshop where people could get help fleshing out their characters or an RPG or Story idea.) Sentance langth, spelling, grammer and over all coherancy.

Alot needs to be worked and and can be improved if people would be willing to try, and as people progress and become better RPGers then taking on, and dealing with more characters should become less and less difficault for everyone I should think.

Well I've said my peice, sorry if I seemed a bit gruff in some places, I was just being brutally honest.

Misfits- Pascal & Sayer ||| CoS- Jack, Kidd, Tobias, Natalie, Ivy, Birch, Vej & Kasir||| FMA:COAL- Edward, Alphonse, Winrey, Hues, Havoc, Fury, Breda, Fallman, Hawkeye, Sheska, Izumi, Pinako, Trisha, Claire, Lavinia and a bunch of random people... xD
Unread 04-25-2010, 11:22 AM

swordswoman
Blogger
Super donator
OC Guild 4
RPG'er
KING

Points: 187,769, Level: 100 Points: 187,769, Level: 100 Points: 187,769, Level: 100
Activity: 72%
Activity: 72% Activity: 72% Activity: 72%
Saber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Saber

Everyones ideas have been considered. I think at the moment the majority have opted for 3 characters.

Nikikeya I have taken on board what you have said about improving the area and will discuss things with the High Council.

Unread 05-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Site Creator

Points: 373,871, Level: 100 Points: 373,871, Level: 100 Points: 373,871, Level: 100
Activity: 36%
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%
Ascended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikikeya View Post
Actually When I suggested that people be able to have multiple characters I ment for in the Paragraph RPGs.

Basically there is no problem with having more than 3 characters. I think everyone should be able to have three canon and then additional OCs should be allowed.

What we are talking about is common practice on RPG sites. You do not have to use them all in one RPG. And Individual GMs (Game Masters- the ones who start the RPGs can decied on number of characters available.)

However I agree that some people can get carried away, so There should be a limit on OCs one can submit at a time.

Like only one at a time and then they do still have to be approved by a mod before you can use them, then you have to wait so long till you can put up another OC for approval. This system would help provent flooding.

Also a stricter set of laid down guidlines among mods for what can be approved as a good character As well as a Mary Sue Litmus Test as I have spotted some problem children and one full blown case.

We really do need to start not only providing a place to RPG, but also start teaching people how to Rpg better (Pompus as that sounds its true, the so called Main RPG is full of Scratch RPG which would get you kicked out of most places as its concidered to not even qualify as real RPGing. (Actually we call it IMing last I checked.)

So teaching people how to write well structured and coherent posts (I realize that for a lot of people English is not their first language and in those cases perhaps we could actually have a sort of classroom type form showing and explaining the besics of grammer and about Tenses and such. (I myself am terrible at puntuations and spelling, (Though English is my first language, pathetic? Yes.) so even I could benefit.)

Basically improving on characters, helping with character development. (Maybe even a Workshop where people could get help fleshing out their characters or an RPG or Story idea.) Sentance langth, spelling, grammer and over all coherancy.

Alot needs to be worked and and can be improved if people would be willing to try, and as people progress and become better RPGers then taking on, and dealing with more characters should become less and less difficault for everyone I should think.

Well I've said my peice, sorry if I seemed a bit gruff in some places, I was just being brutally honest.
We have discussed this and agree, we have changed the rules to alow for 3 characters, and no limit on OC's registered.
However, these may need to be agreed for use for certen games.

Please hit my Youtube FSN video link -> Link

RPG charater links - Dark Elf Lord - Fairy Lord

Talking /Thinking

Tags
2010., characters, number, rpg, saber