Go Back   Anime Forum > Extended Discussion > Extended Discussion and Debate forums > Philosophical Discussion

Unread 09-12-2016, 12:16 PM
Super donator
Fighter
Citizen Representative

Points: 25,841, Level: 100 Points: 25,841, Level: 100 Points: 25,841, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
NightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalryNightAl AmV Has shown honour and chivalry
Default Re: Why does love hurt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboy30 View Post
What did you sue for??
I sued for custody, my ex was inviting all kinds of men into her home and she was beaten up twice and my 7 year son was also beaten by one of the so called lovers. The judge had no hesitation in giving me custody,

This is why I say love hurts, it broke my heart to see my son with scars across his backside ... but I guess the pain we both felt gave me the final victory, however, it was not a total victory for my son who needed to be separated from his mother (whom he still loved) ... he is now 36 years old and although he is happily married with 3 kids of his own, he still needs counseling.

Yes love hurts!!!
Unread 02-19-2017, 12:15 PM
Senior Moderator Section Leader

Points: 3,771, Level: 40 Points: 3,771, Level: 40 Points: 3,771, Level: 40
Activity: 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
Superior Has shown honour and chivalrySuperior Has shown honour and chivalrySuperior Has shown honour and chivalrySuperior Has shown honour and chivalry

It does hurt, but I've always tried to learn from that pain and move on. If it was an incredible painful, there's some level of joy to be found there for getting to experience something good enough to hurt so much, in some situations anyway.
Unread 02-24-2017, 07:26 AM
Citizen

Points: 1,477, Level: 22 Points: 1,477, Level: 22 Points: 1,477, Level: 22
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
TrevorPhillips is an unknown quantity at this point

Being happily married myself i can say beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Love only hurts if youre too childish and/or immature to handle love.

Thats not to say its not all perfect love all the time. Its how you handle the bumps in the road that determine if it hurts or not.

The adult thing to do is suck it up and deal with your partners shortcomings misgivings and general crap.
The childish thing to do is to sit there and wallow in piss and tears and pity and wait for things to get better or fall apart completely.
Unread 02-26-2017, 02:18 PM
Citizen
OC Guild 1
RPG'er

Points: 5,682, Level: 51 Points: 5,682, Level: 51 Points: 5,682, Level: 51
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
MissDark has shown loyalty and contrubutedMissDark has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via Yahoo to MissDark

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAl AmV View Post
I sued for custody, my ex was inviting all kinds of men into her home and she was beaten up twice and my 7 year son was also beaten by one of the so called lovers. The judge had no hesitation in giving me custody,

This is why I say love hurts, it broke my heart to see my son with scars across his backside ... but I guess the pain we both felt gave me the final victory, however, it was not a total victory for my son who needed to be separated from his mother (whom he still loved) ... he is now 36 years old and although he is happily married with 3 kids of his own, he still needs counseling.

Yes love hurts!!!
I am so sorry to hear you and your son had to go through all these. I can't say everything will be alright. Scars will remain but I know both of you have survived through it. I wish you a happy life ahead.
Unread 05-15-2018, 10:54 PM

swordswoman
Blogger
Super donator
OC Guild 4
RPG'er
KING

Points: 204,535, Level: 100 Points: 204,535, Level: 100 Points: 204,535, Level: 100
Activity: 52%
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%
Saber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Saber

I think love hurts because we expose our inner self when we fall in love. And this phase bares our emotions and leads to vunerability. This can cause personal pain.