Go Back   Anime Forum > Extended Discussion > Extended Discussion and Debate forums > Scientific Discussion

Unread 11-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Royal Clan:
OC Guild
Sir. cooler : Da Incredible Massiv
RPG'er
Knight Champion

Points: 12,407, Level: 77 Points: 12,407, Level: 77 Points: 12,407, Level: 77
Activity: 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
cooler has a spectacular aura about themcooler has a spectacular aura about themcooler has a spectacular aura about themcooler has a spectacular aura about them
Send a message via ICQ to cooler
Question what would happened if the world stopped spinnning?

what would happened if the world stopped spinnning

me DBZ rpg cooler

me OC rpg masive
incredible
massiv
unstoppable
unbeatable
invincible
as beneficial
respected by man
and loved by woman
Unread 11-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Royal Clan
Blogger
Sir. Tien: the Dedicated
Knight At Arms

Points: 47,687, Level: 100 Points: 47,687, Level: 100 Points: 47,687, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Tien has a spectacular aura about themTien has a spectacular aura about themTien has a spectacular aura about themTien has a spectacular aura about themTien has a spectacular aura about them
Default Re: what would happened if the world stopped spinnning?

I don't know how the Earth would stop spinning, but if it did, the side facing the sun would overheat, and the temprature would provide enough energy for the air particles to eccead the Earths escape velosity so the atmosphere would escape into space and the earth would be left with no atmosphere, and one side would be scorching hot and the other would be freezing cold.

However, it would not be in synchronous rotation with the sun, which means that rather than the same side always facing the sun, as the earth orbits it, diferent parts of the Earth would face the sun, so there would be a years difference between one surise and the next.
Unread 11-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Site Creator

Points: 385,503, Level: 100 Points: 385,503, Level: 100 Points: 385,503, Level: 100
Activity: 52%
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%
Ascended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tien View Post
I don't know how the Earth would stop spinning, but if it did, the side facing the sun would overheat, and the temprature would provide enough energy for the air particles to eccead the Earths escape velosity so the atmosphere would escape into space and the earth would be left with no atmosphere, and one side would be scorching hot and the other would be freezing cold.

However, it would not be in synchronous rotation with the sun, which means that rather than the same side always facing the sun, as the earth orbits it, diferent parts of the Earth would face the sun, so there would be a years difference between one surise and the next.
I didnt think of that, your right.Interesting point.

I was thinking about if the spinning stops, the centrafugal force working against gravity would be gone, and we would be alot heavier.
Im not doing the calculation to find out how muh heaviier though lol.

Please hit my Youtube FSN video link -> Link

RPG charater links - Dark Elf Lord - Fairy Lord

Talking /Thinking

Unread 11-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Royal Clan
Blogger
Knight At Arms

Points: 47,687, Level: 100 Points: 47,687, Level: 100 Points: 47,687, Level: 100
Tien has a spectacular aura about themTien has a spectacular aura about themTien has a spectacular aura about themTien has a spectacular aura about themTien has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended Vegeta View Post
I didnt think of that, your right.Interesting point.

I was thinking about if the spinning stops, the centrafugal force working against gravity would be gone, and we would be alot heavier.
Im not doing the calculation to find out how muh heaviier though lol.
We would'n acturaly be that much heavyer, we would just be almost as heavy as we would on the north or south pole.
Unread 11-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Site Creator

Points: 385,503, Level: 100 Points: 385,503, Level: 100 Points: 385,503, Level: 100
Activity: 52%
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%
Ascended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud of

What about this.

Newton's First Law of Motion:
I. Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.

So us as humans we are moving at 24,000 miles a day {1000 miles an hout} around the planet as it spins that fast.

If it stopped, our momentum would continue to carry us arond the planet at 1,000 miles an hour { just like a car crash your body keeps moving forward after the car stopps.}

Sonds like human jam time to me.

Please hit my Youtube FSN video link -> Link

RPG charater links - Dark Elf Lord - Fairy Lord

Talking /Thinking

Unread 11-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Citizen: Royal Clan.

Points: 3,685, Level: 40 Points: 3,685, Level: 40 Points: 3,685, Level: 40
SS10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im wondering if we would get dissy? like you do when your spinning, and get used to it, then stop.
Unread 11-27-2009, 05:19 AM
Royal Clan
Resting Supermod
Sir. Tupac - the Valiant
Knight At Arms

Points: 76,954, Level: 100 Points: 76,954, Level: 100 Points: 76,954, Level: 100
tupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of lighttupac115 is a glorious beacon of light

Well if the world stop spinning,wouldnt a the magnetic field generated be gone?In turn this magnetic field which i think is called the Van allen radiation belt which protects Us from Cosmic rays would be gone.This could mean serious health issues as well.

Set by Shanks
죽음은 고통에서 내 릴리즈 될 것입니다

Unread 11-27-2009, 06:40 AM
Royal Clan
Blogger
Knight At Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac115 View Post
Well if the world stop spinning,wouldnt a the magnetic field generated be gone?In turn this magnetic field which i think is called the Van allen radiation belt which protects Us from Cosmic rays would be gone.This could mean serious health issues as well.
We wouldn't need to worry about the radiation, the atmosphere would be stripped off by radiation if there was no magnetic field, which would be more of a problem than the radiation itself.
Unread 11-27-2009, 06:52 AM
Banned

fullblue has shown loyalty and contrubutedfullblue has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via MSN to fullblue

There will be strong wind everywhere, stronger than normal storm, cyclone, tornado, typhon or whatever you call it. We might see infrastructure flying everywhere (we will fly too) due to the unimaginable strong wind that travel at the speed of rotation (how many km per second, I lazy to count.)
Unread 11-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Citizen: Magic Clan.
Neophite Mage

Points: 6,174, Level: 54 Points: 6,174, Level: 54 Points: 6,174, Level: 54
Aelit is on a distinguished road

Hmmm...it is a good question, and it is posable. I would think that not only would "sunrise and sunset" be a year apart, but the weather might kill us. Think about it, what makes seasons? What would happen if the Earth stoped Rotating? I don't think our bodys would be able to adapt quick enough. Plus, if it's one year 'till "sunrise" the plants, and animal(including us) would die. then, with the ecosystm of the part of the world gone, what would happen? We'd all die. Of course, there are probably flaws in my theroy....

Tags
world spinning