Go Back   Anime Forum > Art Centre: > Art, Literature, Fanfiction, Videos, AMV's & OC World > OC WORLD. Show & discuss your & others, Characters, & Planets, Monsters, etc. > Battle of the OCs.

Battle of the OCs. Match any OCs and Compare the OC stats in Battles to discuss and decide who would win.

Unread 09-25-2015, 05:00 PM

Points: 767, Level: 15 Points: 767, Level: 15 Points: 767, Level: 15
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
cmd1095 is on a distinguished road
Default Rida Itazura (OC) runs Bleach gauntlet

So I talked it over with Ascended Vegeta, and he agreed that doing OC battle arena topics could turn out to be interesting. And so I'm going to kick this type of thing off with something very basic, just to start working out how this would best work

Here is the profile of one of my Bleach OCs, named Rida

and as a minor side note for my profiles specifically, a little thing on how my numerical stat values work, though the profile contains non-numeric data as well so its not really important

And with that information provided, the parameters
-combatant is healed after each fight
-battle setting is a neutral ground, such as fake Karakura town
-combatants will start at 50 meters apart
-combatants will begin with common knowledge of each other, based on what they could conceivably learn from observation or rumor (i.e. Aizen's shikai ability is widely known, Rida would know what it is, but not how to counter it like Gin did through years of planning. Or a fellow shinigami might be familiar with the fact that Rida has a fire/earth release and specializes in hakuda)
- combatants will be using the in character mindset
- (OC specific loss condition, profile provides details) if Rida is forced to use his inner hollow abilities extensively, it breaks free and it is considered a loss as such an event effectively kills him

Probably forgetting something or another. But anyhow, how far does this OC get? who is the strongest opponent within the canon bleachverse that he can defeat, and who eventually stops him?

I'd like to see this become more of a thing, and a sub-forum may be created for such things if it catches on, so enjoy.
Unread 09-26-2015, 01:34 AM
Citizen

Points: 1,477, Level: 22 Points: 1,477, Level: 22 Points: 1,477, Level: 22
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
TrevorPhillips has a little shamelful behaviour in the past
Default Re: Rida Itazura (OC) runs Bleach gauntlet

whats the gauntlet? who are the combatants?

based on what ive seen the moment a captain steps in hes done. if shikais only then vice captain is where he stops. his shikai is a nice one. but it just coats his arms. his chest is easy target. and hurr durr martial arts only takes him so far before a blade cuts thro the lava
his bankai looks to be better but the giant lava skeleton would be counter productive once it topples down on top of him after being cut apart by an attack. lava is heavy and unless he can freely control it its a hinderance also whats the armor best suited against? impacts or cutting? my guess is impacts as its a plasticized fluid and most cuts would shear right thro it

Soifon & Byakuya both speed blitz. Kenpachi trollstomps. Yammamoto rapes. Ichigo has a pair of boots thats gonna walk all over him. Ulquiorra emostomps. Aizen haxstomps.

Hitsugaya is a match im curious about. However his ability to freeze even the flames of ryuujin jakka spells frozen doom for even lava. so unless your OCs lava is hotter than the hottest and most powerful fire type zanpaktou, which is its own form of fuckery BS that shouldnt be allowed and opens a huge canned helping of WTF, then even Hitsugya walks all over him.

the captains with indirect shikais and bankais are probably gonna walk all over him. he seems more versed in straight combat than kido or reishi combat types.

all in all your OC is a great mid-tier vice captain level. 9/10 design. i like it
Unread 09-26-2015, 04:02 AM

Well the golem doesn't collapse like that, Bleach physics and all lol. It only collapses on itself if enough spawn get killed. And it does say he can control it so yup

Also the lava gauntlets and armor become a sort of metal/stone thing, the lava part is just how it looks during release, afterwards its like any other zanpakto. Armor is designed against cutting primarily, because he's a hakuda user who often goes up against sword users it has to be.

As for speed, he is actually rather fast (if you look at numeric stats, which operate on a 1-100 scale, he's quite highly rated) but not as fast as Ichigo/Soifon. Do note the part in his combat abilities though that explain that he is capable of reacting to much faster opponents than usual due to enhanced perception. So Ichigo could probably do it, Soifon might be able to do it, at least well enough to get her two hits, Byakuya would probably be even with him though.

Anyway as the OC creator I should probably limit my participation in the debate to clarifying abilities and whatnot, obviously I designed him with a certain strength in mind and I'm going to be insanely biased so yeah, clarifications only from me. Ima shut up now XD
Unread 09-26-2015, 10:12 AM
Citizen

yes bleach physics. lava and molten crap all still acts like molten crap
see the bleach hell movie for example

having total control is ok enuf but if he sustained continuous attack for long enough? just look at kommamura, his giant dude falls over like a drunken frat boy after taking one too many hits

i see... well less elemental or not it seems like a glorified arrancar hierro tbh. also nothing in SS is "metal" just different densities of reishi is all. which is why nothing is uncuttable or unbreakable. also based on your description and picture the molten form would leave fissures. meaning it isnt a single solid cohesive mass. rather more like the human skull with several different bone plates all coming together. meaning ikakku can ram his spear inbetween the plates. or possibly someone with a zanpakto like omaeda can shatter it apart with a hard enough strike. and ofc powerhouses like kenpachi can just lop it off like a limp noodle.

how can he be under soifon and ichigo but not byakuya? speed tier soifon is under yoruichi but yoruichi is equal to byakuya. and ichigos only fast with his bankai out. one or both of our understandings of speed tierage in bleach is skewed somewhere.

if OC is going to be allowed in the BA here i think there should be inspections and ground rules first m8. u can chime in its your OC afterall.
Unread 09-26-2015, 10:33 AM
Site Creator

Points: 376,669, Level: 100 Points: 376,669, Level: 100 Points: 376,669, Level: 100
Activity: 64%
Activity: 64% Activity: 64% Activity: 64%
Ascended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud of

Don't worry Being in BA Its just temporary. We are setting up a separate OC world where threads these can moved to once its created.

Oh That's now, thread moved to new OC forum

Please hit my Youtube FSN video link -> Link

RPG charater links - Dark Elf Lord - Fairy Lord

Talking /Thinking

Unread 09-28-2015, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorPhillips View Post
yes bleach physics. lava and molten crap all still acts like molten crap see the bleach hell movie for example
Perhaps I should say Bleach or anime "logic" then, just because lava golems should be impractical doesn't mean they need to be. I mean Konamura's bankai is a skyscraper size suit of armor, and that thing still moves fast (it managed to hit Tousen in his ressurecion form without much difficulty). Not to mention that if we consider that the suit is hollow, technically that thing should crumple under its own weight instantly. So we need to take these types of things with a healthy dose of salt

Oh and Konnamura dropping after his bankai gets his is specific to him, I believe that it is stated that his bankai is linked to him in that way. Whereas here the bankai can be controlled by linking movement, but the bodies aren't linked in terms of damage, (can't be, otherwise Rida would melt as lava driped from the golem and his body followed suit ).

Also I did mean bankai Ichigo would outclass Rida in speed, not regular. Soifon has specialized in shunpo in terms of raw speed, whereas Byakuya is fast but not quite as fast. It is stated Soifon is the fastest current captain (this is brought somewhat into question by Shunsui seeming to be overall better than her in all regards but his circumstances are unusual and we don't have any hard evidence that he's faster anyway), and she can move fast enough to create some 10-20 semi-permanent clones of herself (I never counted), it was a different technique but the only other person we see do something similar is the 7th espada, who capped at 5. The two techniques show similarities, though Soi-fon's clones were much less substantial. We can't get a good comparison there on which technique is stronger/faster/etc... but we do know that they are similar enough to be compared.

Since Byakuya is seemingly unable to make persisting clones of himself, apart from Utsusemi which is not quite the same. We can only assume he is either not fast enough to do so, or that it is a matter of not focusing on those skills to master them. Either way, it shows him placing less focus on his speed in favor of other skills, incorporating his speed as part of them, but as a compliment rather than as a base.

So I place Byakuya below Bankai Ichigo and Soifon in terms of speed. He would go in the tier directly below them for me. He is undeniably one of the faster captains, but I don't think he is in the top tier. At the very least he is no longer in the top tier, as other characters have focused on developing their speed more than him.

Also worth noting that the one time he was displayed to be equal to yoruichi's speed was when she was trying to get Ichigo out, she was encumbered by him and it is stated by her that she was quite out of shape at the time. In all other instances we've seen, filler or otherwise, Yoruichi has a significant speed edge on Byakuya.

Now there are three things I want to clarify, one is an ability I never got around to adding to his profile, because it wasn't part of his initial design but rather something that came about as part of the fanfic he is one of the main characters in, the second is his perceptive power and speed, and the third is the seeming misconception of his hakuda focus

1) the ability. It is named "Kōsei shatai" and was learned with the express purpose of dealing with bladed attacks more effectively. The user courses their reiatsu through their veins and essentially mimics the hierro of an arrancar. It isn't as effective as natural hierro, but it enables the user to stop blades with their bare hands, provided they aren't an extreme case like Kenpachi. I keep meaning to add that in but I'm a forgetful guy lol

2) Perceptive ability. I don't know how well I explained it in his profile, but at the very least giving the background may help. Rida's best friend and rival is a speed focused fighter named Torin who receives an even larger speed boost in bankai, much like Ichiqo. However since Torin is a shinigami and not a human he has a few hundred years more combat experience than ichigo under his belt and is arguably faster (as a personal note, I never did decide just how those two stacked up, but I've determined that the bankai boost is smaller, but the natural aptitude is much higher).

As a result of constantly fighting someone who can easily speed-blitz him normally, Rida has honed his senses to the point that even though his body will only move so fast, he can predict and react to his opponent's moves far enough in advance that even in the case of someone like Ichigo/Torin, he can still fight on roughly even terms, turning what would normally be a insurmountable disadvantage into a moderate one. His speed troubles are still a problem, as him landing hits needs much better timing and skill, but he can avoid being blitzed in most cases

His speed stat comes to 85/100 (+5 in bankai), which places his shunpo at the lower end of the S-class ratings according to the stat system I use for all my characters (and some canon characters for reference purposes), this means that he is actually rather fast, faster than the average captain, and able to react to other top-tier speed fighters. I believe that Soi-fon and Ichigo specifically would cause him trouble, Soi-fon because she only needs 2 hits to kill and is fast enough to put him at a disadvantage, even if he can react pretty well to her it isn't unfeasible that she'd still manage to hit him 2 times, and Ichigo because in bankai he leaves a lot of afterimages, and circles his opponent in an attempt specifically to use his speed to create openings and fool perception, reducing Rida's ability to mitigate that speed with his perceptive ability. it would probably go a bit like Ichigo vs Ginjou, where Ginjou was able to block and counter Ichigo pretty well, but some blows were still getting through regardless and Ginjou was stuck on the defensive the whole time.

3) Hakuda specialization. Rida isn't merely an expert, he is a master of hand to hand. The distinction here is that while a hakuda expert may be good, but struggle against things like blades, a hakuda MASTER has developed their hand to hand skills to the highest possible level, which includes knowing how to deal with blades. Mastery means achieving dominance over the skill, which means also overcoming its inherent weaknesses. There are many ways to stop a sword while unarmed, you can get in close and stop the strike at the hilt or arm, where there is no blade and the force is weakest cause leverage, you can hit the flat of the blade to knock it off course, if you have some armor you can angle things to encourage glancing blows. Even I as a regular human with basic martial arts training am capable of that much, at least to a certain degree (in my case I'd only be comfortable attempting any of that against a knife, but I don't have superhuman speed and also if I screw up I die for real, rather than a fictional death, and I'm no battle-hardened soldier)

Combine that with the fact that his zanpakto gives his arms armor designed to deal with blades, and he has learned to simulate hierro, and he is more than capable of fighting someone using a sword. For all intents and purposes, one should consider the arms and legs of a hakuda master as swords.

Take kensei as an example, he is a hakuda user with a zanpakto that covers his arms, nobody is saying that he loses by virtue of not having a sword (even if he DOES keep getting fodderized by Kubo). Would one argue that Omaeda could break Kensei's defensive armor without any trouble? Probably not, though I don't want to assume.

Oh and one final thing, I didn't draw the image, so don't infer too much from that, if I could draw to save my life I'd draw a more accurate image but... well... yeah I can't

Last edited by cmd1095; 09-28-2015 at 12:17 AM.
Unread 09-30-2015, 08:26 AM
Citizen

Sorry took me a bit to find this after it was moved.

You ever try dodging a mountain sized collossus? pretty freaking hard. also tousen in that form was unstable. pretty easy to find an opening and smack him with a mountain tbh.
also the suit was never hollow. it contained a secondary bankai within. on par with mugetsu ichigo and hougyoku aizen.
The logic of molten crap acting like molten crap still stands. Granted this only matters if someone hits it with a powerfull enough attack for your OC to loose concentration and control making it collapse.
Thats all i was ever saying. A what-if senario.

Perhaps it is so then. only one thing i find off. those clones were probably more technique than actual speed.

his last second dodge ability thing sounds alot like kenpachis. when tousen bankai'd him back in... what? 2nd arc? he dodged always just in time. either way he avoids it at first. over time it takes too great a toll and he had to let himself be stabbed to win.
I assume its the same as kida, unless you want to try interject that he has more battle experience than freaking kenpachi. lmao

That reiatsu coursing vein ability thing is actually more blut vein than hierro. its actually literally blut vein of the quincy persuasion. And its been shown to be not as effective as its beneath the skin. So attacks can still penetrate causing damage.

the perception ability is literally arrancar pesquisa.

i dunno m8 it sounds like your taking abilities no shinigami has EVER had, but their enemies HAVE had and just stuffing them into your OC. Which you can do, unless you want this to be canon. In which case you need to tweak your OC
Unread 09-30-2015, 06:35 PM

I'm responding in a bit of a haphazard way here so fair warning topic changes without proper transitions happen.

The secondary bankai thing is a bit of an odd point, as we can't really say for sure if that body inside the armor was always there, but unusable, or if it was only there after Konnamura learned the human transformation thing. All the depictions of the bankai before then gave me the impression that it was hollow, but I suppose we can't say for sure.

Clones being more technique than speed, mostly true, they do gain speed, because there is less mass and weight to move, but technique plays a large part in it as well, you can probably say its 50/50 except in the case where a golem spawn melts and absorbs materials and grows, because it doesn't lose speed by doing so, in that case it

I actually completely forgot pesquisa was a thing, I suppose in a way that is similar, but in this case it has to do with training rather than with an actual special ability that a race can have. Ulquiorra's senses with pesquia were just always like that, and it was more of a supernatural 6th sense, where as in Rida's case he's worked to develop his natural 5 senses to enable him to react to things. It's kinda like actually training your speed, but only one side of the equation. Generally in bleach the faster you are the faster things that you can see, Rida can't go faster than he currently does, but he didn't stop training when he hit that point and instead trained himself to "see" faster things even if he couldn't move that fast himself.

With Kenpachi's dodge thing, it seemed to me that he could have kept up his feeling the blade cut his clothes and then avoiding thing. But he let himself be stabbed because 1) he's kenpachi and letting people stab him is a thing he does 2) he wanted to get a clean shot at Tousen by locking him in place and being able to see him, rather than just countering at where he "should" be after a dodge. Course it could've been he had no choice but to do that, I just never got that vibe from the fight.

Also worth noting that while blut vene is similar, the concept I had was different (also blut vene only became a thing after this ability was thought up so yeah), I was imagining it more as an improvement of the thing Kenpachi does, where blades hit him and just do nothing.

In Kenpachi's case it was always just because his reiatsu is so immense that it repels weaker ones. My concept with that was to figure "well hand to hand users would need a way to avoid being cut by blades, and this thing with kenpachi seems like something that might work, perhaps hakuda masters would have developed a technique to replicate that"

So basically the reiatsu coursing thing is just a dedicated effort to use reiatsu to shield yourself in the way kenpachi unintentionally does for himself. I figure if he can do it just by being monstrous, then a less ridiculously overwhelming reiatsu could be condensed and hardened into a similar shell through intensive training. I describe it as being similar to hierro because the two things always seemed similar to me, even if they function differently.
Unread 09-30-2015, 07:45 PM
Citizen

except its not a leanred technique. but something his clan had to do a ritual for. so yeah it stands to reason its a higher tier bankai ability. like how ichigo had to go thro a ritual inside his bankai to understand and use mugetsu.

ok now it sounds like youre combining pesquisa with kenpachis battle sense ability or something idk man it sounds really convoluted.
if he was against lower tier opponents hed never really have a scratch on him but against captain classes like tousen rida and kenpachi would never have the battle sense to react in time to avoid all damage alltogether. hense why kenpachi had a few dozen superficial cuts. which like i said unless you want to laughably place rida above kenpachi in terms of battle sense and experience.
so yeah not so much "hes kenpachi hurr" its just harder to avoid captain class combat speed. and blocking wasnt an option either.

so instead of a speed boost like ichigo gets yours gets a defense boost. meh fine. still saying a large enough reatsu like super captain class (kenpachi yammamoto, aizen, ichigo) would still shatter his defense.
tbh i just lol'd imagining soifon aiming for his eyes. shes not the type to mess around. and like kenpachi said "ive never met a bastard whos eyes i couldnt gouge"
Unread 09-30-2015, 09:58 PM

Yes combatants like Kenpachi/Yamammoto and the like would easily break his defenses. No argument there, Rida was never designed to be anywhere near that level. At the time of his design he was meant to become a mid-tier captain more or less. Though with Kenpachi he might hold his own if only because of how Kenpachi fights and the fact that kenpachi isn't particularly fast.

And yeah he definitely doesn't have more experience than Kenpachi, at least not in actual combat experience. History-wise he has been learning to fight since he was a kid, and he does actually in the story get 5 years of constant training against captain-level opponents and the like, which helps and puts him at his mid-tier captain level, but it wasn't the same as Kenpachi just wandering around cutting people open for god only knows how long, then becoming a shinigami and continuing to cut people open all the time.

And yeah, Soi-fon would probably beat Rida most times, probably 7 times out of 10, if he could force her into bankai he'd have a chance of maybe using his bankai to take the hit. Her shikai is also very short range and pretty much forces her into a hand to hand contest with him, which gives him the advantage, but I highly doubt that in the long run Rida's speed and reflexes are great enough to avoid Soi-fon landing 2 hits on the same spot, eventually a grazing blow would happen on top of another and that'd be the end.

His only hope would be to bring the fight to a swift conclusion and overpower her, but Soi-Fon isn't just going to let him punch and blow her up, or allow him to make it a contest of raw power, which in many cases he relies on because his shikai is so straightforward. It's really a very simplistic one, mostly he punches stuff, stuff goes boom, he wins. Soifon would definitely be able to handle that. I'd say he occasionally manages to use his earth abilities and utilize the terrain to get the upper hand and land a blow to finish things, but not often.