Go Back   Anime Forum > General Discussion Forums > Education and work Centre > School talk

School talk Talk about school and school issues here.

Unread 12-06-2009, 03:15 AM
Resting Supermod
Grandmaster Mage

Points: 36,368, Level: 100 Points: 36,368, Level: 100 Points: 36,368, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Kanoke Has shown honour and chivalryKanoke Has shown honour and chivalryKanoke Has shown honour and chivalryKanoke Has shown honour and chivalry
Default Disruptive Students

These students drive me crazy. They talk non-stop during class and won't even quiet down when told to by the teacher multiple times. This makes independent reading in English classes difficult. I can't concentrate on reading. I think that students that seriously won't stop talking in class should be removed from the classroom.
Unread 12-06-2009, 04:06 AM

swordswoman
Blogger
Super donator
OC Guild 4
RPG'er
KING

Points: 219,204, Level: 100 Points: 219,204, Level: 100 Points: 219,204, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Saber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Saber
Default Re: Disruptive Students

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanoke View Post
These students drive me crazy. They talk non-stop during class and won't even quiet down when told to by the teacher multiple times. This makes independent reading in English classes difficult. I can't concentrate on reading. I think that students that seriously won't stop talking in class should be removed from the classroom.
I agree with you that something should be done,especially if it is hindering you and other students from learning. Do you have a personal tutor you can speak to who is not the subject tutor. He she could direct the problem to the right direction.
I have a place at my school where I work where the naughty kids are sent if they cant behave. Or sometimes they sit with the head of department. In my school she runs the dept and the other section,so she always deals with them. She rarely shouts but they do what she says.
I dont send many people to her but I usually separate the pupils from their social group and make themwork away from their friends.
However if this doesnt work I get them out of the room and make sure the majority can learn. A lot of times its the teachers who arent confident to deal with the students and are afaraid of what might happen.

Unread 12-06-2009, 04:41 AM
Resting Supermod
Grandmaster Mage

Points: 36,368, Level: 100 Points: 36,368, Level: 100 Points: 36,368, Level: 100
Kanoke Has shown honour and chivalryKanoke Has shown honour and chivalryKanoke Has shown honour and chivalryKanoke Has shown honour and chivalry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber View Post
I agree with you that something should be done,especially if it is hindering you and other students from learning. Do you have a personal tutor you can speak to who is not the subject tutor. He she could direct the problem to the right direction.
I have a place at my school where I work where the naughty kids are sent if they cant behave. Or sometimes they sit with the head of department. In my school she runs the dept and the other section,so she always deals with them. She rarely shouts but they do what she says.
I dont send many people to her but I usually separate the pupils from their social group and make themwork away from their friends.
However if this doesnt work I get them out of the room and make sure the majority can learn. A lot of times its the teachers who arent confident to deal with the students and are afaraid of what might happen.
My teacher let's me work out in the hall, it's usually less noisy out there. When the students finish their reading (or pretend they are done), they hang out by the class door and open it and talk. So I have left the classroom, and the students who are supposed to be quiet, actually open the door and start talking. It's ridiculous!
Unread 12-06-2009, 07:18 AM
Citizen
BloggerOC Guild 2
Resting Mod
Master Mage

Points: 23,319, Level: 100 Points: 23,319, Level: 100 Points: 23,319, Level: 100
KozaKuraHaiNe Has shown honour and chivalryKozaKuraHaiNe Has shown honour and chivalryKozaKuraHaiNe Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via MSN to KozaKuraHaiNe Send a message via Skype™ to KozaKuraHaiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanoke View Post
i know what you mean. when i was supposed to do a presentation everyone just talked and talked and talked. then, when the teacher asked what did i present, they said i spoke too softly. that's crazy!
Unread 12-06-2009, 04:54 PM

swordswoman
Blogger
Super donator
OC Guild 4
RPG'er
KING

Points: 219,204, Level: 100 Points: 219,204, Level: 100 Points: 219,204, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Saber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to beholdSaber is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Saber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KozaKuraHaiNe View Post
i know what you mean. when i was supposed to do a presentation everyone just talked and talked and talked. then, when the teacher asked what did i present, they said i spoke too softly. that's crazy!
They are wicked class mates. naughty too. I would make them write an essay on my life as a pain in the butt.

Its the teachers fauts that they cant control their class. They are slipping in their classroom management and obviously were away on the day they should have learnt that.

I strongly believe good students should not suffer because other people dont want to learn.

Unread 12-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Blogger
Resting Senior Section Leader Mod
Battle Mage

Points: 35,504, Level: 100 Points: 35,504, Level: 100 Points: 35,504, Level: 100
Lelouch has shown loyalty and contrubutedLelouch has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via MSN to Lelouch Send a message via Skype™ to Lelouch

i agree saber i am one of the students who do not talk as much and actually get on with my work whilst trying to ignore all the disruptive students even if they try to talk to me because i wasnt to pass and finish this course
Unread 12-10-2009, 05:05 AM
Citizen: Dragon Clan.
Winged Dragon

Points: 7,120, Level: 58 Points: 7,120, Level: 58 Points: 7,120, Level: 58
AgainandAgain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to AgainandAgain

The problem was that, in my class, the most disruptive students were the ones that got the highest marks (A, A+)
Unread 12-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Citizen

Points: 5,960, Level: 53 Points: 5,960, Level: 53 Points: 5,960, Level: 53
dxs925 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgainandAgain View Post
The problem was that, in my class, the most disruptive students were the ones that got the highest marks (A, A+)
ROFL i was totally in that group lol
Unread 12-21-2009, 04:31 AM
Citizen: Magic Clan.
Resting Mod
Novice Mage

Points: 6,731, Level: 56 Points: 6,731, Level: 56 Points: 6,731, Level: 56
Raven will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber View Post
They are wicked class mates. naughty too. I would make them write an essay on my life as a pain in the butt.

Its the teachers fauts that they cant control their class. They are slipping in their classroom management and obviously were away on the day they should have learnt that.

I strongly believe good students should not suffer because other people dont want to learn.
Hm...I actually wouldn't put the blame on teachers. It's the students really. I guess it also depends on what grade you are in. I'm in high school. My Chemistry class is filled with rude disrespectful kids, however I wouldn't put the blame on the teacher more on the kids. They know they are supposed to be quiet and respectful, but they aren't. It annoys me so much.

In a sense I get what you mean by that. Some teachers just don't care-but I haven't come across those. At least not that I can remember at the moment. But I have come across plenty of pushover teachers who have been taking advantage of by the students. So wrong. Those teachers are too nce. =/

What does suck is that the teachers do tend to punish the whole class for the actions of a few. It's happened to me before.
Unread 10-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Banned

Syn has much shamelfulbehaviour in the pastSyn has much shamelfulbehaviour in the past
Send a message via Skype™ to Syn

The funny thing about my situation here is that the most disruptive students here generally tend to be the SMARTEST ones. They do all they want and nobody would do a thing. And then the less smart ones gain nothing when the noisy people get everything. And we're both in the same class!

It's probably no wonder I insisted my Maths lecturer to give me personal tutorials recently.

Tags
disruptive, students