Go Back   Anime Forum > DragonBall/Z/GT/AF/Super Anime and Manga > DragonBall/Z/GT/AF/Super Anime and Manga > DragonBall/Z/GT Anime Fun

DragonBall/Z/GT Anime Fun E.G. Whos the hottest? whats the best battle? anime / non -canon

Unread 07-24-2009, 01:19 AM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Resting Senior Section Leader Mod
Warrior

Points: 23,877, Level: 100 Points: 23,877, Level: 100 Points: 23,877, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
SSJ4Aaron Has shown honour and chivalrySSJ4Aaron Has shown honour and chivalrySSJ4Aaron Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via ICQ to SSJ4Aaron Send a message via AIM to SSJ4Aaron Send a message via Yahoo to SSJ4Aaron
Default Size Matters in DB/Z/GT

One thing that Akira tried to prove throughout his story is that size does not matter. He always tried to make the smallest fighters be the strongest. He kept this idea throughout Dragon Ball and most of Z. Even in GT this was also a good message.

Example:

Cell Jr. is one of the smallest characters in the show, yet he is as powerful as Cell in every way. The Cell Jr's owned every Z Warrior. Yet they were smaller then them all.

Who else is small but is extremly powerful?

Do they ever save the day?

Does being small give them an advantage?
Unread 07-24-2009, 01:32 AM
Baned Spambot

Points: 5,804, Level: 52 Points: 5,804, Level: 52 Points: 5,804, Level: 52
The Nazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Size Matters in DB/Z/GT

I disagree about the Cell Juniors being as powerful as Cell, but I digress.

Gohan's small all throughout Z until the Boo Arc. He saves Goku and Piccolo from Raditz, and he killed Cell.

Yajirobe cut off Vegeta's tail and saved Goku from imminent death.

Krillin saved Vegeta from Recoome's Eraser Cannon. Vegeta surely would have been finished if that would have hit.

That's all I can think of right now.
Unread 07-24-2009, 01:35 AM
Warrior

Points: 23,877, Level: 100 Points: 23,877, Level: 100 Points: 23,877, Level: 100
SSJ4Aaron Has shown honour and chivalrySSJ4Aaron Has shown honour and chivalrySSJ4Aaron Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via ICQ to SSJ4Aaron Send a message via AIM to SSJ4Aaron Send a message via Yahoo to SSJ4Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nazi View Post
I disagree about the Cell Juniors being as powerful as Cell, but I digress.

Gohan's small all throughout Z until the Boo Arc. He saves Goku and Piccolo from Raditz, and he killed Cell.

Yajirobe cut off Vegeta's tail and saved Goku from imminent death.

Krillin saved Vegeta from Recoome's Eraser Cannon. Vegeta surely would have been finished if that would have hit.

That's all I can think of right now.
How do you disagree? Just because Gohan one shoted them all and didn't do the same to Cell was because he wanted payback. He made the pain last. Cell said they were as strong as him.

But that's all you can think of?

How about just Goku throughout DB. Who would think that a 12 year old kid would save the world and be the strongest fighter.
Unread 07-24-2009, 01:45 AM
Resting SupermodResting Senior mod Exp'
Flightleader Dragon

Points: 51,883, Level: 100 Points: 51,883, Level: 100 Points: 51,883, Level: 100
+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via MSN to +Masamune+ Send a message via Skype™ to +Masamune+

in DB, Oolong wished for the softest pair of underwear in the world to stop emperor pilaf from getting his wish XD
there was also Yajarobi who cut off Vegetas tail during the Goku vs. Freiza fight, regardless of his strength.
Dende healed people when they where injured, and that helped a lot against Freiza.
Then theres Krillin.....wait.....i dont recall him doing anything REALLY important, but he did throw the spirit bomb at vegeta (but missed), He also helped collect dragon balls. He is the "Luigi" of the show XD He was gokus training partner and best friend in the DB saga, so that counts.

"Tell me what you cherish the most, give me the pleasure of taking it away."
Unread 07-24-2009, 01:58 AM
Baned Spambot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ4Aaron View Post
How do you disagree? Just because Gohan one shoted them all and didn't do the same to Cell was because he wanted payback. He made the pain last. Cell said they were as strong as him.

But that's all you can think of?

How about just Goku throughout DB. Who would think that a 12 year old kid would save the world and be the strongest fighter.
Well, I just don't believe they were around Cell's full power. There's nothing saying they are, and nothing saying they aren't, so it's up in the air. As long as nobody believes they're stronger than Cell, then we're all good.

I forgot about Goku. I forgot all about DB actually.
Unread 07-24-2009, 06:27 PM

Points: 3,477, Level: 38 Points: 3,477, Level: 38 Points: 3,477, Level: 38
ssjhax is on a distinguished road

Well gokus 5'7 so he's pretty small. Kid buu was small but incredibely strong. Goten Trunks, were tiny and yet gotenks was ssj3.
So size didn't matter at all throughout the show.
(well the great apes made that statement true but thats cause they're great apes)
Unread 07-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Site Creator

Points: 386,791, Level: 100 Points: 386,791, Level: 100 Points: 386,791, Level: 100
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%
Ascended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud ofAscended Vegeta has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nazi View Post
Well, I just don't believe they were around Cell's full power. There's nothing saying they are, and nothing saying they aren't, so it's up in the air. As long as nobody believes they're stronger than Cell, then we're all good.

I forgot about Goku. I forgot all about DB actually.
Agreed, they were destroyed with one blow from gohan and the blow disintegrated them.
Gohan couldn’t destroy cell even with many blows and all his full power. he needed Vegetas help.

But back on topic, Size doesn’t matter in DBZ.
1, Arale was tiny but beat goku in massive oozaru form with one blow.
2, Gohan was smaller than most of the Z fighters against cell, but was the only one up to his strength.
3, krillen was strong for a human, probably the second strongest human, but was small.
4, Piccolo junior was disadvantaged when he grew big to fight goku.
5, VEGETA. He was supposed to be quite small, but look at him.

Thats 5 examples off the top of my head. there are plenty more.

Please hit my Youtube FSN video link -> Link

RPG charater links - Dark Elf Lord - Fairy Lord

Talking /Thinking

Unread 07-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended Vegeta View Post
Agreed, they were destroyed with one blow from gohan and the blow disintegrated them.
Gohan couldn’t destroy cell even with many blows and all his full power. he needed Vegetas help.

But back on topic, Size doesn’t matter in DBZ.
1, Arale was tiny but beat goku in massive oozaru form with one blow.
2, Gohan was smaller than most of the Z fighters against cell, but was the only one up to his strength.
3, krillen was strong for a human, probably the second strongest human, but was small.
4, Piccolo junior was disadvantaged when he grew big to fight goku.
5, VEGETA. He was supposed to be quite small, but look at him.

Thats 5 examples off the top of my head. there are plenty more.
Well Gohan was really mad at the Cell Juniors and Goku even said that he needed to stop toying with Cell and finish it. Everyone knew Gohan could've killed Cell in a second. And he needed Vegeta's help with Super Perfect Cell and he had one arm.

Another good example is Baby. He was one of the smallest people in GT but yet was a huge threat. His powers of going inside people and controlling them really changed the game. He was one difficult villian and it took SSJ4 Goku to defeat him.
Unread 07-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Resting SupermodResting Senior mod Exp'
Flightleader Dragon

Points: 51,883, Level: 100 Points: 51,883, Level: 100 Points: 51,883, Level: 100
+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry+Masamune+ Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via MSN to +Masamune+ Send a message via Skype™ to +Masamune+

Geru was a pathetic excuse for a robot that followed Pan, but he was useful when he was needed.

"Tell me what you cherish the most, give me the pleasure of taking it away."
Unread 07-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Baned Spambot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ4Aaron View Post
Well Gohan was really mad at the Cell Juniors and Goku even said that he needed to stop toying with Cell and finish it. Everyone knew Gohan could've killed Cell in a second. And he needed Vegeta's help with Super Perfect Cell and he had one arm.

Another good example is Baby. He was one of the smallest people in GT but yet was a huge threat. His powers of going inside people and controlling them really changed the game. He was one difficult villian and it took SSJ4 Goku to defeat him.
You're forgetting that Cell watched all of the Cell Juniors being destroyed with one hit, yet he was still completely confident in his abilities. That's not cockiness, there's a reason for his confidence. The Cell Juniors couldn't possibly be up to his level. Maybe close, but not his level.