Unread 08-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Citizen

Points: 6,668, Level: 56 Points: 6,668, Level: 56 Points: 6,668, Level: 56
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Wooter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Wooter Send a message via Skype™ to Wooter
Default What's your favourite sport?

Okay, so what is your favourite sport and WHY?
In this thread, you should try to convince us of what your favourite sport is and why we should like it as well.
No swearing please, and respect each other's preferences!

I'll start off:
My favourite sport is tournament swimming. My reasons for liking it is because it's really good for you.
Swimming enhances every muscle in your body, and it is also great for blood regulation and breathing.
It keeps you in good shape, and you never know when it might come in handy!
Unread 08-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Citizen: Royal Clan.
Blogger
RPG'er
Warrior

Points: 27,795, Level: 100 Points: 27,795, Level: 100 Points: 27,795, Level: 100
Zionist Has shown honour and chivalryZionist Has shown honour and chivalryZionist Has shown honour and chivalry
Default Re: What's your favourite sport?

Baseball's the name, Centerfield is my game.

Baseball, America's Past Time. The greatest game ever. There's just so much history involved in this sport that it's not just a game. It plays a huge part in history. It's an influential sport that is now played Worldwide.

From the Babe to Jackie Robinson, From the Cubs to the Yankees. A sport where one team can win it all multiple times in a row, while another suffers for the 102nd year in a row. A game where literally anything can happen. A Game of inches, the smallest spec of dust can make the difference between a safe and an out. A Perfect Game, and a One Hitter. Really is a magical Sport.

I've been playing the game since I was a little kid and I can't say there was a moment when I didn't enjoy playing. At any point in time, no matter what the score, I was still playing the greatest sport known to mankind.

/Nostalgia Rant
Unread 08-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Citizen
BloggerOC Guild 2
Resting Mod
Master Mage

Points: 22,271, Level: 100 Points: 22,271, Level: 100 Points: 22,271, Level: 100
KozaKuraHaiNe Has shown honour and chivalryKozaKuraHaiNe Has shown honour and chivalryKozaKuraHaiNe Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via MSN to KozaKuraHaiNe Send a message via Skype™ to KozaKuraHaiNe

I have two favourite sports. One is for watching, one is for playing. My favourite sport for watching is definitely football/soccer. Why? Because awesomeness happens in the game, if the teams play well. Dazzling skills, beautiful goals, action, funny goal celebrations, joy, despair, injuries, suspensions, cheers, tears, thrills, miracles, it all happens in what we call Joga Bonito, or The Beautiful Game. Sure it happens in other sports as well, but somehow I connect with football/soccer better. I've even played it with the guys in primary school!

My favourite sport for playing is actually running. Not hurdles, though, I don't think I would ever clear them. Just running. It keeps you fit(and it burns calories, too! ), and I love the feel of running fast, the wind created by movement. It's just a joy to run IMO. What's more, you don't require anything! Just you and you alone is required for running. c:
Unread 08-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Citizen

I've watched a few baseball games, and although I was impressed by it, I must say that personally I prefer American Football over baseball.
In American Football there is more action, whereas Baseball seemed a bit static in my eyes.
Although I must admit: I've actually seen a perfect game, and I simply thought: "DAMN...Now that's amazing!" (Don't remember what game that was though, been ages since I last saw baseball hehe)
Unread 08-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Veteran member

Points: 71,421, Level: 100 Points: 71,421, Level: 100 Points: 71,421, Level: 100
Tadashi has a spectacular aura about themTadashi has a spectacular aura about themTadashi has a spectacular aura about themTadashi has a spectacular aura about them

swimming
its the best sport

Hunter x Hunter
Unread 08-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Citizen
BloggerOC Guild 2
Resting Mod
Master Mage

Points: 22,271, Level: 100 Points: 22,271, Level: 100 Points: 22,271, Level: 100
KozaKuraHaiNe Has shown honour and chivalryKozaKuraHaiNe Has shown honour and chivalryKozaKuraHaiNe Has shown honour and chivalry
Send a message via MSN to KozaKuraHaiNe Send a message via Skype™ to KozaKuraHaiNe

I like swimming too, even though it isn't my favourite. I love the feeling of being in the water.
Unread 08-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Blogger
RPG'er
Warrior

Points: 27,795, Level: 100 Points: 27,795, Level: 100 Points: 27,795, Level: 100
Zionist Has shown honour and chivalryZionist Has shown honour and chivalryZionist Has shown honour and chivalry

Wooter, in Football (American) There are time constraints, which makes it sort of unfair for one side. I know it's part of the game, but it's what makes Baseball so beautiful. No Time limits, nothing to stop you but the other team.

Yes Football has lots of hitting and action, but that's not everything in a sport. Baseball is very flashy as well, if you have ever seen before on Sportscenter, Baseball Tonight. There's a segment labeled Web Gems, the best plays of the day/week/month/year. And this year there was nothing short of amazing plays. From Day one, Mark Buehrle's amazing flip between his legs backwards to get the guy out at first. Just amazing things happen in this game. A player can slump for weeks on end and then come back one day and hit 3 home runs....it's just amazing. If you gave it a chance and went to a game, it would seem a lot more interesting than just watching it on tv.....believe me, it's way better going to the game
Unread 08-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Citizen
BloggerOC Guild 2
Resting Mod
Master Mage

I've never really understood Baseball, sorry. But oh well, different people different opinions. Sadly, baseball isn't very popular in my country.
Unread 08-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Citizen

Basch&Kozaru: Yeah, swimming's awesome!
Zion&kozaru: Yeah, it's not very popular here either. It's not like we have pro matches every other week or anything. In fact, Baseball doesnt have any pro matches in my country I think.
Personally, I like American Football BECAUSE of the time restraints. It adds in immense strategical possiblities as well.
Unread 08-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Blogger
RPG'er
Warrior

Oh.......I guess it's mainly an American thing I guess.

Some people like the time constraints, some people don't. It's just one of those things. No problem there