Go Back   Anime Forum > General Anime/Manga & Cosplay > General Anime topics

General Anime topics Anime topics, like: What is the most violent anime etc. ( COSPLAY SUBFORUM )

Unread 07-13-2010, 07:06 PM

Points: 3,247, Level: 37 Points: 3,247, Level: 37 Points: 3,247, Level: 37
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Aki87 is on a distinguished road
Default the anime that got you into anime

Hey all, well I'm here again to do a thread on the first anime that drew you into becoming an anime fan. Now while I was growing up, I had absolutely no idea what anime was. I just watched Saturday morning cartoons just like all the normal kids have all over the states, until I started realizing how different American cartoons and Japanese cartoons are in terms of story, animation quality, and voice acting. So before ever learning that Digimon, Pokemon, Dragonball Z, medabots, and a few others, I saw them as cartoons, but until I started watching Toonami and soon discovered anime in the larger scoop. I then started watching anime from that day forth, but to me the one anime that hooked me into loving it was a series I miss dearly and appreciate for it's place in my life and others. That series was the Tenchi trilogy: Muyo, Universe, and In Tokyo.
I loved the characters, I loved the story, I lover the actors voicing the characters, and I love the characters interactions throughout each variation, but my personal favorite was Muyo because even tho it has an extraterrestrial villain, it actually dabbles into the mystical nature of the alien characters. Universe was alright, it took the characters into a space opera and each episode was fun and dealt with each characters and we got an additional one in the form of Kiyone, Mihoshi's partner. In Tokyo is by far the more interesting of the bunch, it took the one element out of girls life, making each of them trying to cope but still able to annoy Tenchi in his new Tokyo apartment. I loved the animation style of In Tokyo because it gave them a tad more realism and was more of a drama than an action.
So to break it down Muyo was a magical adventure, Universe was a space Epic, and In Tokyo was a love drama with tiny bits of action. So in a quick closing, it's thanks to a young man and his bevy of beauties to draw me into the world of anime, so which anime did you watch that got you into watching all kinds of anime. See you all soon, Aki87 out!!!
Unread 07-13-2010, 07:21 PM

Points: 3,043, Level: 35 Points: 3,043, Level: 35 Points: 3,043, Level: 35
Hikari is on a distinguished road
Default Re: the anime that got you into anime

Not gonna lie,mine was Spirited away
Unread 07-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Citizen: Dragon Clan.
Winged Dragon

Points: 23,768, Level: 100 Points: 23,768, Level: 100 Points: 23,768, Level: 100
sakura has shown loyalty and contrubutedsakura has shown loyalty and contrubuted

I really can't say just one cause I don't really remember which was the first!
I remember there used to be a channel here that played some japanese old anime and other japanese cartoons and series.Back then i couldn't tell the difference between cartoons and anime.I just knew they were from japan cause the openings were the original ones and not dubbed.Some of the anime i remeber were Igano Kabamaru(my favourite),Area88, Jumaru, triton and some others.A little after that other channels had anime like sailor moon and dragon ball.
I really loved that era of my life.And i think the reason i remember all these even though i was ony 3-4 then is that.
Unread 07-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Citizen: Magic Clan.
Expert Mage

Points: 10,733, Level: 71 Points: 10,733, Level: 71 Points: 10,733, Level: 71
Random88 has shown loyalty and contrubutedRandom88 has shown loyalty and contrubuted

It's a funny story 5 years ago I was flicking through TV and I stopped on cartoon network. The show that was just starting was One Piece. I thought a show about pirates this should be good. It was a marathon I watched a few episodes and thought something seems odd. So I look online and see all the complaints, comparisons and talk about how 4kids have ruined One Piece. So I then check the episodes I watched and watched their japanese equivelent. I was astonished by how different it was. I then got hooked on the show and started watching it from beginning to the point it was at. I believe it was halfway through Water 7 arc. Anyway I then decided to watch Japanese versions of dubbed anime I saw as a child: Dragonball, Big O, Cardcaptor Sakura etc. Then I really got into anime and started looking for other stuff to watch. So in a way the terrible 4kids dub made me look at the japanese versions to see what I was missing
Unread 07-14-2010, 01:51 AM
Citizen: Magic Clan.
Adept Mage

Points: 7,605, Level: 61 Points: 7,605, Level: 61 Points: 7,605, Level: 61
Hero Emiya will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Hero Emiya

well i think i had seen anime since i was child i saw anime like dragon ball, ranma, sakura CC, saber marionette j, and others on cartoon network, fox kids, locomotion and open tv, but all with dub and i didn´t knew was anime until a friend explained to me in junior high school but the first anime that got me into anime was Fate Stay Night when i started to go high school while i went back to my house, in a store showed it and i just bought it. later i went deep in japanese series and rest is just history
Unread 07-14-2010, 02:20 AM
Citizen
Blogger
OC Guild 3
RPG'er

Points: 115,283, Level: 100 Points: 115,283, Level: 100 Points: 115,283, Level: 100
Krillin has shown loyalty and contrubutedKrillin has shown loyalty and contrubuted
Send a message via MSN to Krillin Send a message via Skype™ to Krillin

i would have to say cardcaptor sekura sailor moon and dragonball z was the early ones that got me into anime
RP char of month ap 2010 ,member of month ap 2010 nov 2012, Quality posting jan 2013 , activity award X 15 , 1 community award, 1 posting award, top posts in pts and amt, 6th user pts, 4th in pts ,2nd VMs got, ex Citizens rep leader rep X3 , had 6 awards once.
Krillin , Sonic the hedgehog,Megan ThunderHead
Unread 07-14-2010, 04:51 AM

Points: 3,078, Level: 36 Points: 3,078, Level: 36 Points: 3,078, Level: 36
loaxe is on a distinguished road

well I think the first anime I ever saw was Pokemon, but the anime that really got me into liking anime was probably Fullmetal Alchemist...
Unread 07-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Banned

Pinkeyy is on a distinguished road

I think Dragonball Z when I was little...
AFter that I started watching anime again and I started with Death Note
Unread 07-15-2010, 07:01 AM

Points: 3,372, Level: 38 Points: 3,372, Level: 38 Points: 3,372, Level: 38
Maou068 is on a distinguished road

All thanks to Robotech and Speed Racer, I got hooked to anime.
Unread 07-17-2010, 09:46 AM

Points: 3,468, Level: 38 Points: 3,468, Level: 38 Points: 3,468, Level: 38
XxAmuletDiamondxX is on a distinguished road

Shugo Chara. Pretty much hit me like a truck, this fanaticism.